Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolan Dolan give us a break!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down Dolan Dolan give us a break!

He travels all the way to Donegal for City game. Fair enough for him to be at game in City he lives in but travelling all the way to Donegal is too sad.

How long will he continue to cast a shadow over City?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    He travels all the way to Donegal for City game. Fair enough for him to be at game in City he lives in but travelling all the way to Donegal is too sad.

He is a fan just like you and me Pete... He clearly loves the club just like all of us and he has the right to go to matches just like us all!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed, fair enough a few months down the line but not right after he's been sacked.

Actually i wouldnt put it past him to stroll into the shed for the Bray game. In fact i'd nearly bet on it. Wonder will cashmans quote me.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am a big fan of Pat Dolan. But I must admit I am torn between feeling glad that he is showing interest in following the club, and feeling sad that he is stalking it.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm sorry now Pete but how is it anymore sad than you or me or any other City fan travelling to Donegal for a match?

I think the reaction of the crowd showed that most people were very happy to see him there. I also reckon he'll go to the Shed for the Bray game.

Dolan loves the club and is a massive City fan, he has as much right to go to the away games as anyone else. In fact by travelling to Donegal he's shown more dedication that some other City fans have probably done in years.
    Champions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    In fact by travelling to Donegal he's shown more dedication that some other City fans have probably done in years.
    This is true, some of his most vociferous backers on the internet can NEVER be found at ANY City game.

However, you know Colm that his presence is causing hassle at games, and the atmosphere is not good. He must know this, and while I agree he is quite entitled to go to any game he wants too, no matter how you justify it, his presence is a reminder of all the hassles at the club and is the cause of division.
    Is this going to continue for the whole season?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if dolan really loved the club, he'd stay clear for the time-being. he must know that going to the games can be unsettling for richardson and the players. selfish, egotistical and attention-seeking in my opinion....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There's a huge difference between foot.ie and corkcityfc.ie reeoples opinions about this and all things Dolan.
    As far as i'm concerned,its probably not ideal but its his business where he goes.
    Fair play to him.
    Its the supporters singing Dolan songs who are undermining Richardson.
    Get over it.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Pat Dolan said on signing for Cork City that his heart was always St Pats, so how can he be such a fan, so who will he love next.

Full of it he is, full of it always has always will..........
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Just look at this thread. He was there so people would still talk about him, so people would come up to him in the ground and tell him how sad it is that he's not at City anymore, he loves the attention. Sure he was still hanging around Richmond Park for last few years. Loves to hear people talking about him

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS4EVER
    Just look at this thread. He was there so people would still talk about him, so people would come up to him in the ground and tell him how sad it is that he's not at City anymore, he loves the attention. Sure he was still hanging around Richmond Park for last few years. Loves to hear people talking about him
    Spot on he does just want to be loved...........

Lets start off the Pat Dolan Care Bear..............
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its nice to see him support the club but we shouldnt sing his songs anymore.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair_play_boy
    I am a big fan of Pat Dolan. But I must admit I am torn between feeling glad that he is showing interest in following the club, and feeling sad that he is stalking it.
    I'd agree with you there. Patsh is spot on when he says that Dolan's presence is causing hassle- we saw that clearly enough on saturday. I'd like to think everybody could move on, Pat included, but he's not helping matters at all IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, like someone pointed out on ccfc.ie, there were nothing but Dolan chants in the pub before the game on Saturday before anyone knew Dolan was going to be at the game. There were more Dolan chants at the game before anyone spotted him. Dolan did not instigate the chants. A lot of City fans were expressing their opinion which they are perfectly entitled to do imo.

Another thing, Dolan was asked by a lot of City fans at half time to come and join us for the second half. He declined because he said it might distract people from supporting the team and he didn't want that. He was there as a City fan and wanted everyone to support the team, anyone who suggests otherwise either wasn't aware of that or else is just plain anti-Dolan.
    Champions!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pat should leave well enough alone for the time being. What happened caused tension in the club and he is not helping by hanging around reminding everyone, wanting their attention and aduration.
    And if he claims to be a huge supporter of the club then it is just as well he is not in charge anymore as supporters are blinded by their passion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Colm, Pat Dolan managed Cork City for a few years. He is NOT a Cork City fan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS4EVER
    Colm, Pat Dolan managed Cork City for a few years. He is NOT a Cork City fan
    And you know that how?
    I know people who only started supporting City within the last two years. I suppose they are not City fans either?
    Champions!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lads, like someone pointed out on ccfc.ie, there were nothing but Dolan chants in the pub before the game on Saturday before anyone knew Dolan was going to be at the game. There were more Dolan chants at the game before anyone spotted him. Dolan did not instigate the chants. A lot of City fans were expressing their opinion which they are perfectly entitled to do imo.
    I thought he had told people he'd be there. I was told by a number of people that he said he'd be there. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The people who sang Dolan songs are, as are the people who sang other songs over them.

Another thing, Dolan was asked by a lot of City fans at half time to come and join us for the second half. He declined because he said it might distract people from supporting the team and he didn't want that.
    Fair play to him for saying that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    And you know that how?
    I know people who only started supporting City within the last two years. I suppose they are not City fans either?

And how do YOU know it???

Because HE told you

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

There were a couple of Dolan chants in the pub pre match but just as many people attempting to drown out with other chants.

I only posted his presence here as only people who travelled would have known he was there.

This will be my last Dolan post as its true he loves the attention and as already said he doing exactly the same as he did when "left" Pats.

IMO it is the height of insult to CCFC club, players & current manager to do Dolan chants at a game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast