Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 18th-22nd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Rovers giving Pat's a hammering. They like their midweek 3 nils at Tallaght. Pats haven't turned up at all.

Hilariously ironic that Rovers fans are singing 'You're f***ing sh*t' to a Pat's team sitting above them in the table though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Tough night at the office for our esteemed fan Ezeikial, think he said he was heading to this to sit with the Rovers fans.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    There's cutting back and there's cutting back
    Take it easy, remember it's a school night

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Rovers giving Pat's a hammering. They like their midweek 3 nils at Tallaght. Pats haven't turned up at all.

Hilariously ironic that Rovers fans are singing 'You're f***ing sh*t' to a Pat's team sitting above them in the table though.

Absolutely brilliant. (Pats were pants)

Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Tough night at the office for our esteemed fan Ezeikial, think he said he was heading to this to sit with the Rovers fans.
    Au contraire, it's a total delight to chat with and listen to some totally deluded football fanatics (I think I even saw a spaceship)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Could have been 5 or 6. Dr jeckyl turned up hopefully it won't be Mr Hyde on Friday .
    Bolger and Finn were excellent.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I really don't understand this team. Pats were pretty awful - looked worn out. We eased off at 3-0 when we probably should have got more.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    That is a real setback for St Pats. It seems that the heralded improvements from last year have been quite minimal. For Shamrocks it is a big boast for Friday at Dalymount, the old ground should sell out for the clash of Dublin's big two. Crowd looked very small at Tallaght from the stream.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    That is a real setback for St Pats. It seems that the heralded improvements from last year have been quite minimal. For Shamrocks it is a big boast for Friday at Dalymount, the old ground should sell out for the clash of Dublin's big two. Crowd looked very small at Tallaght from the stream.
    Biggest attendance we've had for a midweek game this season - over 3000 announced and looked about right to me. We got less than 2000 for Cork a few weeks ago according to ET.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    minimal ? you might want to rethink that. We have nearly surpassed our points tally for last year already and have scored far more and conceded far less. Massive improvements. Young in-experienced side that is going to take a beating every now and again this season, unfortunately.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    minimal ? you might want to rethink that. We have nearly surpassed our points tally for last year already and have scored far more and conceded far less. Massive improvements. Young in-experienced side that is going to take a beating every now and again this season, unfortunately.
    Those early week fixtures are really hammering the clubs with limited squad numbers and with part time trained players.
    I think Bohs have lost all our Monday and Tuesday fixtures?.
    Having seen Pats a few times I thought they were only marginally better than last year .Rovers will finish well ahead of them and will finish ahead of Derry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Those early week fixtures are really hammering the clubs with limited squad numbers and with part time trained players.
    I think Bohs have lost all our Monday and Tuesday fixtures?.
    Having seen Pats a few times I thought they were only marginally better than last year .Rovers will finish well ahead of them and will finish ahead of Derry.
    It's inevitable that people will make a judgement on the relative merits of different teams largely on the basis of how they have performed in the matches against their team. On that basis Shamrock Rovers are a more impressive side than St Pats; they also played far better than Cork in Oriel Park, but the facts are that they currently in the lower half of the table. There is a reason for that.

If they play to their potential they can easily finish ahead of St Pats and Derry and maybe even challenge Waterford. If they continue the results that they have achieved over the last 10 or 11 league games they could be fending off Limerick or Sligo in the relegation play-off area. The next couple of league matches will be interesting - Bohs on Friday and then Dundalk in Tallaght

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Is it time for a Bradley Out Thread yet....! or will I get my coat!

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    We were awful last night worst performance since early part of last season hopefully it was due to fatigue if it wasn't then I don't know where it came from as it was so bad I was waiting for Jeremy Beadle to pop out in the away end telling us it was all just a joke.

Anyway Friday will require a huge improvement but the talent is there in the team and I expect us to play well Friday at home.

Rovers weren't exactly great I thought they were very average to be honest. Got the 2nd and third goals at the perfect times last kick of first half to make a tough task almost impossible then the third 6 minutes after we started 2nd half with a little pressure to totally kill it the were very comfortable all night though to be fair.

We should have had a peno at 2-0 and perhaps that might have led to a bit of a better showing but we got what we deserved last night and had Rovers not just coasted to the win they might have got a few more.
    Frustrating night but its been a far better season than last year and were still at the right end of the table.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    We were awful last night worst performance since early part of last season hopefully it was due to fatigue if it wasn't then I don't know where it came from as it was so bad I was waiting for Jeremy Beadle to pop out in the away end telling us it was all just a joke.

Anyway Friday will require a huge improvement but the talent is there in the team and I expect us to play well Friday at home.

Rovers weren't exactly great I thought they were very average to be honest. Got the 2nd and third goals at the perfect times last kick of first half to make a tough task almost impossible then the third 6 minutes after we started 2nd half with a little pressure to totally kill it the were very comfortable all night though to be fair.

We should have had a peno at 2-0 and perhaps that might have led to a bit of a better showing but we got what we deserved last night and had Rovers not just coasted to the win they might have got a few more.
    Frustrating night but its been a far better season than last year and were still at the right end of the table.
    For what? I can't remember any peno calls.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    For what? I can't remember any peno calls.
    From the free kick that we almost scored from early in the second half Toner was dragged back by the shirt on the back post which stopped him getting to the ball.
    It was stone wall but lino was on the wrong side to see it and I'm guessing the ref couldn't see it through the bodies in the box.
    It probably wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to the result as we were awful.

Most of the Pats player went straight to ref protesting it.
    Last edited by Couch Potato; 23/05/2018 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Genuinely thought the closest penalty call was for Rovers, second half Sam Bone was clearly pulled back right in front of the ref (it happened directly in front of us in the East stand), it wasn't even debatable. Granted it was 3-0 at the time but if the game had been closer it would have been a shocking decision by the ref.

Can't say I remember the Pats penalty shout TBH. I actually don't really remember Pats getting anywhere near threatening the goal until late in the second half when they had one effort blocked near the line. Not saying it didn't happen but I certainly don't remember at any stage seeing something that had me worried we might give one away. From your vantage point you'd probably say the same for the one i mentioned above though. FWIW I thought the ref was awful anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    We eased off at 3-0 when we probably should have got more.
    Thankfully you did it could have been 5 or 6 if you kept going.

Bad night at the office for us, we'll have nights like that with such a young team, they looked shattered, goal right on half time killed us, could have gone 10 ahead of Rovers and killed their European hopes with a win, only 4 now.

Anyway, bring on Cork.
    Here on a technicality.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rovers are consistent in their inconsistency.
    Bring on the boez, where any manner of result is likely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'm going to have to change the rules of my drinking game for everytime you post on Bradser\Rovers . its not as much fun as it used to be and its starting to be a problem
    If you ever go a few days without mentioning him the cold turkey will kill me.
    If your drinking is already a problem don't read Emmett Malone's Irish Times piece on Roverz and Bradzer unless you have the phone number for the Rutland

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...mpression=true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Yawn ..and another pint to the game

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast