Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 18th-22nd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post

Limerick beating waterford 3-1 in the RSC, Aborah sent off for a reportedly awful tackle.
    Caulfield's fault. He shouldn't have been on the pitch!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Would you not comment on Corks game instead of throwing a silly comment?

2 big games Monday, We were very lucky against Waterford last time at home and lost the away game. Cork are Cork away from home and Limerick should be well up for it now
    I’d expect both us to win but you never know

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    There was some strange match day arrangements at Dalymount Park last night.

Supporters attempting to access the St Peters Rd entrance to the Des Kelly Stand from St Peters Road were instructed to walk up Connaught St to the entrance at Tescos (which most had already walked past) and walk all the way back down the alley alongside the ground to access the entrance at......St Peters Road.

This nonsense was compounded by an aggressive and intolerant attitude from one of the two Gardai issuing this edict

Away fans wearing colours also turned away from the Jodi "for your own safety" allegedly on instructions from the Garda in charge - never before have I experienced this in Dalymount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

Supporters attempting to access the St Peters Rd entrance to the Des Kelly Stand from St Peters Road were instructed to walk up Connaught St to the entrance at Tescos (which most had already walked past) and walk all the way back down the alley alongside the ground to access the entrance at......St Peters Road.

This nonsense was compounded by an aggressive and intolerant attitude from one of the two Gardai issuing this edict

Away fans wearing colours also turned away from the Jodi "for your own safety" allegedly on instructions from the Garda in charge - never before have I experienced this in Dalymount
    Has happened to us a few time up there aswell. Strange decision, its not exactly the widest alley and if they force you to go down it after the match it can get a bit crowded.

Great win for us last night in a fantastic match. We gifted Derry a goal and their second came from a deflection but we fought back magnificently. Our 5th goal in particular is worth a watch for Markey spectacular turn in the lead up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

I was in the Jodi, and it was great to see what is happening on the pitch.

There were quite a few Dundalk fans in their club colours, in the Tesco end of the stand.

I can understand police stopping groups of young lads from the Jodi, but people in ones and twos who obviously just want to watch the football?

I experienced the same issue last season regarding the entrance to St Peters End and that made up my mind to forgo club colours and go into the Jodi.

Who wants to take his kids to a football match and have guards treat them as if they are scum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    And the obsession continues.....

Waterford, Kenny, Bradley, Dundalk, Rovers, Delaney....109, Cork. In order cork fans list of priorities🙄

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Would you not comment on Corks game instead of throwing a silly comment?
    First comment in the trend not about their own teams big win but another team, odd that as Cork fans would tell ya there’s no rivalry or derby.

On another note, another red card 6 in 18 games now I think, which is a disgrace. On the flip side there’s highs and lows to football. I know the squad is full time but a small squad and high level of games was bound to catch up on us eventually. But to concede 6 at home to limerick is shocking. Need a few bodies in, in the window to bulk up the squad and to give Rennie more options. On a personal level, to be sitting third 11 ahead of rovers and nowhere near a relegation battle at the mid way point you couldn’t of asked for more. The next four games will be tough.

The fickle life of a football fan ayyy 🙄

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    And the obsession continues.....

Waterford, Kenny, Bradley, Dundalk, Rovers, Delaney....109, Cork. In order cork fans list of priorities��
    Way over hyping yourselves there. Dundalk, kenny, rovers and Bradley all out gun you in that regard.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts

On another note, another red card 6 in 18 games now I think, which is a disgrace.
    Yeah, your discipline has been poor all season. Especially, in the aftermath of the Cork match and Aborah and Hery's suspensions, you had more sendings off and especially, midfielders included in that, just when you needed to protect what midfield you had left.

Aborah is good but seems to be prone to losing it a bit.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    How far can you carry self-delusion?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p067lmwf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post

Derry are a great footballing side and Kenny Shiels is a cracking manager!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Derry are a great footballing side and Kenny Shiels is a cracking manager!
    On what I saw last night, they actually are a decent footballing side, they were just up against a better one. But their manager is cracked rather than cracking if he really thinks they were heading for a 4-1 win but for the referee's intervention.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    That Dundalk side last night was as a physically strong a LOI side I have ever seen. Clearly some amount of physical conditioning, a bit too much in some instances, for example Shields kept falling over any time a Bohs player came near him, he was so top heavy with muscularity. Conveniently for him, the Ref ( Mc Loughlin- terrible) awarded him a free kick each time in apparent sympathy.

Hoban certainly looks to be an improved player, Sean Hoare was excellent and Duffy imo is the most effective player in the league. I will be very surprised if they don`t win the league.

Bohs were game as usual and played some nice football at times, but there was such a physical contrast between the teams that they were winning a fraction of the 50/50 tackles that counted.

We had a kid from the under 19 `s playing at left back , KIrk, very assured performance for his age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Way over hyping yourselves there. Dundalk, kenny, rovers and Bradley all out gun you in that regard.
    Forgot about Fletch he tops the list 🙄

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I was in the Jodi, and it was great to see what is happening on the pitch.

There were quite a few Dundalk fans in their club colours, in the Tesco end of the stand.

I can understand police stopping groups of young lads from the Jodi, but people in ones and twos who obviously just want to watch the football?

I experienced the same issue last season regarding the entrance to St Peters End and that made up my mind to forgo club colours and go into the Jodi.

Who wants to take his kids to a football match and have guards treat them as if they are scum?
    I always to to the Jodi when going to Dalymount. Usually don't wear colours though, just in case. The Des Kelly is such an awful place to watch a match from, and that means far more to me than being in with the hard core support. There is always a good group of Pats there too, many with colours. I've never enough any trouble. Really the only match in this league which I'd say warrants such over the top security is Rovers/Bohs.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Forgot about Fletch he tops the list ��
    Who's Fletch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    That Dundalk side last night was as a physically strong a LOI side I have ever seen. Clearly some amount of physical conditioning, a bit too much in some instances, for example Shields kept falling over any time a Bohs player came near him, he was so top heavy with muscularity. Conveniently for him, the Ref ( Mc Loughlin- terrible) awarded him a free kick each time in apparent sympathy.

Hoban certainly looks to be an improved player, Sean Hoare was excellent and Duffy imo is the most effective player in the league. I will be very surprised if they don`t win the league.

Bohs were game as usual and played some nice football at times, but there was such a physical contrast between the teams that they were winning a fraction of the 50/50 tackles that counted.

We had a kid from the under 19 `s playing at left back , KIrk, very assured performance for his age.
    I was sitting with a lot of Bohs fans and they were irate every time Dundalk were awarded a free. However, I don't recall thinking any of them weren't frees, just young lads trying to compete with stronger players by going in too hard or stretching too much to make a tackle.

Bohs had their chances though and if they showed a bit more composure could have got something from the game. Dundalk did not press home their advantage enough and it was a tight affair right up until Hoare scored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Kenny Shiels is consistent in creating a storm about something after any game Derry don't win.

He has his knife in last nights referee Ben Connolly, who was also the referee in the drawn Dundalk V Derry game at Oriel Park about 8 games back where Gavin Peers was red carded in the 87th minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    How was there not a red card in Sligo tonight, 10 yellows in total and 7 to Rovers. Was it that dirty a match or was the ref having a laugh. How many cards in one game gets a club fined?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast