Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI in Europe 2018

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Cork due to be on RTE, Shamrock Rovers is on Eir Sport again.
    Typical, only showing the games in Dublin as usual.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Typical, only showing the games in Dublin as usual.
    Actually, it's easier with this one. They only have to plug in to the Polish feed. They don't even need to travel out to Tallaght.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

3. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Where did you see that RTE are showing Legia v Cork City?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Carey View Post
    Where did you see that RTE are showing Legia v Cork City?
    Seen someone mention it on Twitter. Only noticed there when I went looking for it though that RTÉ didn't announce it.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    was a bh up north yesterday,good time for a match after a wee march and a riot
    Traffic was unreal on Thursday for when the schools are out, took an hour and 20 to get from Griffith Ave to J4 or 5 and wall to wall with yellow plates. People rubbernecking a burnt out car(that had been there 2 days) on the hard shoulder seemed to be issue as things started to move after though he accident on the M50 didnt help.

Anyway on the football, I caught the end of the Dundalk game and I though they looked a bit leggy, slow to the second ball and struggled to get back when hit on the break. Maybe heat was a factor but a good rest is what looks to be needed. With the training camp and the reduced amount of fixtures I would have thought they'd have been fresher. I few very sloppy passes had us scrambling to get back with a couple of 3 on 3 moments that would have been punished by a better side. The missed chances especially by Hoban should have had the tie buried. The bigger pitch in Oriel with a full house and we are unlikely to be as mediocre as Thursday as It was a poor performance by usual standards so we should expect a win. In terms of the whole coefficient stuff clubs and the league have missed chances to push on by not being more ruthless at times. An example being how Dundalk drawing both legs with FH at yet being a better side, the late equaliser conceded in Warsaw albeit understandable when chasing a spot in the CL group stages. Cork drawing at home to KR and Linfield, Rovers drawing in Luxembourg. I know there are results that were good that offset some of these but these add up and do make a difference to pushing up or ranking.

Derry made a mess of things, not as much for getting the pricing wrong but criticising fans for not being too happy with the pricing was just daft. Rovers did quite well against AIK but their confidence mustn't be the best in general as they seemed a bit resigned to not being able to compete, fans too as the attendance regardless of TV and traffic issues, was poor. Greater belief and they are still well in the tie as they should take confidence from the first leg in that AIK are no world beaters. It will be interesting to see how Cork set up this week. Even if they put in an old fashioned Irish clubs in Europe performance by getting men behind the ball, soak up pressure and hope to get on the end of a long punt toward the end of the game they can level the tie. As mentioned before Legia are always under serious pressure from their own fans and the longer the game goes on with things in the balance the crowd turn and the team gets nervy. Parachuting in to QR3 takes a lot of the pressure off Cork too. So plenty to be more positive about this coming week imo.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Traffic was unreal on Thursday for when the schools are out, took an hour and 20 to get from Griffith Ave to J4 or 5 and wall to wall with yellow plates. People rubbernecking a burnt out car(that had been there 2 days) on the hard shoulder seemed to be issue as things started to move after though he accident on the M50 didnt help.

Anyway on the football, I caught the end of the Dundalk game and I though they looked a bit leggy, slow to the second ball and struggled to get back when hit on the break. Maybe heat was a factor but a good rest is what looks to be needed. With the training camp and the reduced amount of fixtures I would have thought they'd have been fresher. I few very sloppy passes had us scrambling to get back with a couple of 3 on 3 moments that would have been punished by a better side. The missed chances especially by Hoban should have had the tie buried. The bigger pitch in Oriel with a full house and we are unlikely to be as mediocre as Thursday as It was a poor performance by usual standards so we should expect a win. In terms of the whole coefficient stuff clubs and the league have missed chances to push on by not being more ruthless at times. An example being how Dundalk drawing both legs with FH at yet being a better side, the late equaliser conceded in Warsaw albeit understandable when chasing a spot in the CL group stages. Cork drawing at home to KR and Linfield, Rovers drawing in Luxembourg. I know there are results that were good that offset some of these but these add up and do make a difference to pushing up or ranking.

Derry made a mess of things, not as much for getting the pricing wrong but criticising fans for not being too happy with the pricing was just daft
    . Rovers did quite well against AIK but their confidence mustn't be the best in general as they seemed a bit resigned to not being able to compete, fans too as the attendance regardless of TV and traffic issues, was poor. Greater belief and they are still well in the tie as they should take confidence from the first leg in that AIK are no world beaters. It will be interesting to see how Cork set up this week. Even if they put in an old fashioned Irish clubs in Europe performance by getting men behind the ball, soak up pressure and hope to get on the end of a long punt toward the end of the game they can level the tie. As mentioned before Legia are always under serious pressure from their own fans and the longer the game goes on with things in the balance the crowd turn and the team gets nervy. Parachuting in to QR3 takes a lot of the pressure off Cork too. So plenty to be more positive about this coming week imo.
    Refusing to listen to your customers is a bad enough business strategy as it is.

Telling them their widely held opinion is wrong is just suicidal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I'd expect us to set up fairly similarly, possibly with Cummins coming back in. I'd imagine the plan will be to keep it tight for the first hour, make sure to not concede again cos that's game over, and then try to nick one. Sadlier will probably come on at that point if we managed it.the wider pitch will stretch us so big performances needed.

I'm not confident, but what a night it would be if we managed it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Many travelling over? One of the warnings or suggestions from Legia to Dundalk fans travelling over was to be careful about wearing club colours openly outside of the stadium match night as an element of the Legia support enjoy targeting visiting supporters as their pre match entertainment. Dont know how serious the risk is and generally Warsaw is a decent spot but take care anyway!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Not sure tbh. About 100 confirmed on our forum, but I'm sure plenty of others who aren't on the forum too.

Yeah won't be packing colours! Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Official attendance at the Derry match was 1,567.

That may have been the amount of tickets either sold or including free tickets given to youth clubs .
    I reckon maybe 12 or 13 hundred max actually attended.

My two mates who are also season ticket holders refused to go! I won't knock them for it though.

Another mate couldn't get across the bridge as the main county orange parade was in Derry city that day and they had already had his bought tickets. There rioting by the wee scumbags for the previous 5 nights before that definitely affected the attendance as well. Although the biggest OG was the price of tickets, not so much the adult tickets but the under 12 and under 16 tickets.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    A wonderful article by John O'Sullivan on an emotional Champions League night in Turners Cross, especially for those who experienced the worst of times.

http://www.the42.ie/john-osullivan-c...urce=shortlink

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    A wonderful article by John O'Sullivan on an emotional Champions League night in Turners Cross, especially for those who experienced the worst of times.

http://www.the42.ie/john-osullivan-c...urce=shortlink
    He summed it up perfectly. Amazing night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Any link to this info?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Any link to this info?
    Never found it. Must have dreamed that..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Never found it. Must have dreamed that..
    #FakeNews

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Dundalk have sold out the home tie against Levadia Tallinn.

However, a reduced capacity of 3,300 apply Europa League games in Oriel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Always good to see the sold out signs! Rovers and Derry attendances were disappointing for the clubs I'd imagine, sold out signs always bring buzz with them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Dundalk have sold out the home tie against Levadia Tallinn.

However, a reduced capacity of 3,300 apply Europa League games in Oriel.
    I think the capacity will be restricted to 3k WH due to seating, but home fans will be also housed in the 'away' section now, they usually use the first 10 rows or so in that area in these games.

Only catching up on a lot of other euro games now, I knew the Coleraine manager missed his sides away game due to his holiday (still can't believe this) but now I read his assistant was also on holiday, how are they putting up with this kind of mickey mouse stuff ? Crusaders manager was at it twice too last few years, do they be texting instructions I wonder ??????

Not like these dates are not known for months before, only one you wont get is obv when you are home or away.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Why were derry not wearing names on their shirts against minsk? I thought you had to for europe but apart from that they have them in the league. Anyone know?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    We didn't have names on our shirts in 2015. So I don't think it's a requirement.

Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast