Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI in Europe 2018

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Had half a plan to go into Derry for the Euro game but not a chance at that price.

Brutal pricing. They'd sell out at £15. This way they'll hardly top 3,000.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Reduced capacity and additional costs provide reasonable grounds for a moderate increase in ticket prices for a European fixture
    I've no problems with the fiver increase, was just making the price comparison. Dundalk have to erect a temp wheelchair area, as well as another 101 other items to have in place, plus a lot of fans are relocated. It's probably the one time the away end looks almost acceptable as only half of it is used and all are seated towards the front, and all home fans.
    Last edited by oriel; 23/06/2018 at 4:03 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Plenty of complaints about the pricing from Derry fans. It's a big increase.
    Even over last year, it's a 25% increase, and that's when we played in Sligo, with whatever extra cost that brought.
    It'll be a small home crowd now, difficult to attract neutrals at that price.

KO is set for 18:00 as well. Presumably it's for Belarusian TV.
    Have to pay Michael Duffy's wages some way....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    What effect will the European ties have on League and Cup fixtures for Cork, Dundalk, Shams & Derry!

Anyone with updates about re-arranged games please!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    What effect will the European ties have on League and Cup fixtures for Cork, Dundalk, Shams & Derry!

Anyone with updates about re-arranged games please!
    Waterford v Rovers has moved to Sunday 22nd, no KO time confirmed yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    The round of games due to have been played on Friday 13 July were moved and played already last month. Dlk v Waterford, Derry v Bray, Lim v Cork & Rovers v Pats, these were all played midweek in May.

For Dundalk, Sligo away on 21/07 will need to be moved as we are at home to Tallinn on 19/07, will be same for Rovers, and Derry as they too are playing second legs in Europe on 19/07. If we get through this round we will be playing on Thurs 26/07 and Thurs 02/08, so Bohs at home (27/07) and Rovers at home (03/08) will also need to be moved.

I think Cork are playing earlier in the week than the other 3 clubs, as read before one of their games might be same night as one of the WC semis, possibly the Tuesday night.

Surprised dates haven’t been agreed yet for all of the other games effected, as the dates were known in advance for all european teams participating, they did move the games due to be played w/e 13/07 though a long time back.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    What is the capacity for Tallinn in Oriel?
    Do you think it will sell out ? I might not be able to get to Stockholm on the 19th so might swing up for the match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Capacity will be limited to 3,200 as that equals the seating, recent home Euro games v FH (2016) and Rosenborg (2017) sold out as I’m almost sure this was the attendance at both. Away support should be limited even more for Tallinn, they’ll get the area in the front corner of the stand.

If you behave, you might even get into one of the bars pre match ! (closed at HT due to UEFA rules) Harp still knocked out at €4 a pint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    What is the capacity for Tallinn in Oriel?
    Do you think it will sell out ? I might not be able to get to Stockholm on the 19th so might swing up for the match.

JUDAS!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post

JUDAS!!
    I was planning on mixing with the Tallinn fans fan.

Would be surprised if you sell out for Tallin, the tie will be over after the first leg.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Hopefully we’ll win over there, but I`m not taking this game for granted. Heading over myself so really looking forward to it.

I`m not that sure a good result away would reduce the crowd as it’s still a euro home game and with so many matches played in Tallaght in 2016, this will be a chance for locals to see a euro match at home for a change. Also it’s not that high end of a capacity, should be able to shift just over 3k tickets, plus if we do get through it will be one of only two games permitted to play at home this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Would be surprised if you sell out for Tallin, the tie will be over after the first leg.
    That's more like it. Steer well clear of that pesky "Lilywhite Lounge". Ain't got nothing on the 1899 or Glenmalure Suite.

Not sure what sort of crowd we'll get for the game against AIK. They're a big side but we don't normally come close to selling out in this round.
    Last edited by Buller; 26/06/2018 at 3:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Hopefully we’ll win over there, but I`m not taking this game for granted. Heading over myself so really looking forward to it.

I`m not that sure a good result away would reduce the crowd as it’s still a euro home game and with so many matches played in Tallaght in 2016, this will be a chance for locals to see a euro match at home for a change. Also it’s not that high end of a capacity, should be able to shift just over 3k tickets, plus if we do get through it will be one of only two games permitted to play at home this season.
    If you sell out against Tallin then fair play to the locals I don't think we had much more that that for our match at home to an Iceland team in the first round last year. FH and Rosenburg would have been bigger draws.
    Either way your point about getting to see the match in Oriel is a definite attraction, as much as I enjoy a rovers away match either in Europe or occasionally in the Aviva or wherever (plenty of choice of venues over the last 30 years) there is nothing like seeing your team running out onto your own patch of turf.
    If I was a Dundalk fan I wouldn't miss it even if the tie is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    That's more like it. Steer well clear of that pesky "Lilywhite Lounge". Ain't got nothing on the 1899 or Glenmalure Suite.

Not sure what sort of crowd we'll get for the game against AIK. They're a big side but we don't normally come close to selling out in this round.
    AIK will bring a decent crowd you'd have to think.
    They are a decent team which might encourage a bit of walk up.
    Should be more than last year , hopefully around 3.5 - 4k and a decent result.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Be my guest for the match - there might not even be an away section for this match.

DM me when you know for sure you are going and I will try to sort a ticket for you - Bradser talk limits apply

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Our game in Oriel will def sell out. Surprised club havnt released ticket details yet though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Our game in Oriel will def sell out. Surprised club havnt released ticket details yet though
    I'd reckon its one home game at- a- time for the dundalkfc crew @ oriel atm.

Get the HUGE home league match that's coming up out of the way 1st and then concentrate on the Euro match after that.

No?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Derry have partially relented and reduced child tickets to £10.
    I think most of the damage has already been done at this stage though.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Our tickets for Legia are almost all sold out. Think there were 500 left by Sunday morning and they still haven't gone on general sale. Doing everything we can to prevent Lech Poznan fans getting their hands on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Great stuff to hear tickets almost sold out, and you will have a full house, but there is nothing stopping local based Polish fans buying tickets for home areas?

Plus will you not have to allocate 10% to away support?

I think Dundalk have 300 or so set aside for Tallinn, but they would be unlikely to take very many over, unless as in the case of Polish there is a strong local based community here, but I wouldn’t have thougth as near as many as Polish.

Did many Tallinn fans take up their allocation for TC last year ?

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast