Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games 4-5 May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Great night at the RSC in front of 3508. The first half was dull enough until that crazy few minutes before half time. Akinade hadn't scored a league goal till last night and then got 2 in a few minutes almost getting knocked out heading in the first one. Brilliant free kick then for Dundalk. Waterford hit post with Keegan in 2nd half. Dundalk dominated and had a few chances just wide and we were glad to hear final whistle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Paddy McCourts through ball. Most excellent.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    A pulsating encounter at the RSC, I wasn’t the most optimistic before the game with Dundalks 5-0 over pats the previous Monday, but we were superb. From front to back. Particularly the spine of Izzy, Hery, Keegan and Feely. Outstanding.

Two years ago I’d never of envisaged we’d be where we are. Really are riding on the crest of a wave at the moment. We’ve beaten every team this season. A surreal stat given our position as a club recently. Ok - granted, it’s easy change any club in the country with a few bob, but it isint just any club, it’s my club, and the level we are at now is something I’ve never experienced before.

On the game itself, it was really exciting. Both teams willing to attack. A dull first 40 minutes or so which I thought we may have shaded. Then pandomoniun in injury time. A very nasty looking injury (As far as I could make out not caused by the tackle) to Stephen O Donnell. Players were physically sick when they went to check on him which is not a good sign. Wish him a speedy recovery. He’s been a fantastic servant to the LOI and a joy to watch. I would fear however that this injury if as bad as it seemed could be the end for him in terms of playing career. Fingers crossed I’m wrong.

It all changed when he came off for Shields. First thing he done was kick Izzy and gave a silly free from which we socred. What Rogers was at I don’t know. Coming 18 yards for a ball he hadn’t a hope of getting. Not something you’d expect from an experienced keeper. Clocking Izzy after the ball as well. It would of been interesting to see if the ref would of awarded a penalty had the ball not gone in.

Kinda half missed the build up to the 2nd as as the buzz in the stands. Looked like Cleary fell asleep and let Izzy slip down the side of him and a great left footed finish.

A superb free kick from Murray brought Dundalk back into before the break. Not sure how he managed to get such dip on the ball from that close in. A great strike.

All of that in a crazy 9 minute injury time.

2nd half was again exciting, and while Dundalk had the possession we looked dangerous on the break. Somehow Paul Keegans directed volley stayed out after hitting the butt of the post. Which would of killed the game off.

For all the possession Dundalk had I can’t remember Vigs been called into major action. Some scuffed shots wide from good positions and some heroic blocks from Izzy and Feely in particular kept us ahead. On the peno shout. It looked a clear dive from where we were. It’ll be interesting to see it on the highlights package but when there is no complaints from the player then it tells it’s own story.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Paddy McCourts through ball. Most excellent.

Sounds like a great atmosphere
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Wasn't exactly top quality stuff in Richmond last night but fantastic to get out with the win. I thought O'Briens tackle was absolutely shocking from a player with his experience and deserved the red he got. The first goal was very strange I haven't a clue what went through the Rovers defence heads , it was great to see Killer back who wrapped things up with a great penalty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Will be interesting to see soccer republic. I thought it was the dramatic tumble brennan took and the reaction of the Bench that got o brien sent off. We will see. We were poor even before the sending off.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I thought O'Briens tackle was absolutely shocking from a player with his experience and deserved the red he got.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Will be interesting to see soccer republic. I thought it was the dramatic tumble brennan took and the reaction of the Bench that got o brien sent off. We will see.
    The red cards keep coming.

I wonder if this sort of attitude has anything to do with it:

Bradley pleased by Bolger's 'nasty' streak as teenager proves worth
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36864905.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Lol never gets old with the obsessed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Will be interesting to see soccer republic. I thought it was the dramatic tumble brennan took and the reaction of the Bench that got o brien sent off. We will see. We were poor even before the sending off.
    Ah no,it was a bad challenge. Brennan was kicked up in the air, don't think he was being dramatic. Mind you the ref was going for a yellow initially, but I think he got it right in the end. Second time In a week at Richmond that a sending off has changed the game. Thought it was nip and tuck before that. Pats started well but Rovers had come back into it. Neither side created much in fairness. Even with the extra man in the second half I didn't think we made as much of it as we could have. Still, great three points.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Lol never gets old with the obsessed.
    Feel free to give your opinion on what I raised. It may well have been a dramatic tumble or the bench reactions that influenced the ref as you infer. Or it may just have been a rash challenge from team that are encouraged or lauded for being 'nasty' by their manager.

your clubs manager is at the root of the problem for Rovers shocking disciplinary record

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    What a cracking game. Two sides trying to play football in a packed stadium. Waterford are the best team we’ve played this season, they were unlucky in Oriel to get nothing from the game and we were similarly unlucky last night.

The awful leg breaking injury to O’Donnell was the turning point. A clearly distressed Dundalk team lost focus for 10 minutes (I saw Pat Hoban puking after looking at the injury). Waterford took advantage of Dundalk’s lack of focus to get the two goals to win the game.

I don’t know how Dundalk didn’t score in the second half. While we have scored quite a few goals this season, we have also missed a lot of chances.

I was mystified at Twomey booking Duffy for a dive in what looked a clear penalty but the TV footage should clear that up on Monday.

However, nothing should detract from an excellent Waterford performance and their courage to play attacking and fluid football.

13. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Poor enough game here at turner's cross. 1-1 at half time. Limerick took the lead with a nice lob and then cummins got us level not long after. Big opportunity to go three clear with a win here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Broken leg/ fractured tib confirmed for O'Donnell, he's had a desperate run of it the last 2 seasons with injuries. He's had a lot of muscle injuries and now this, which of course is different kettle of fish as it was a challenge in game, but it might be a hard ask the way his bodies been the last year or two. If he didn't have bad luck he'd have none.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Reading reports it looked like it was a yellow being pulled but O'Brien reacted badly to the Pat's bench's reaction and the ref pocketed the yellow and pulled out the red. So it could well have been a yellow given for the tackle but added dissent was what made the refs mind up to change to a red. So technically maybe the Pat's bench reaction did influence the red.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    2-1. Job done. Missed an early penalty which would have made it a lot more comfortable. Good to come back from 1 down. O Hanlon did well when he came on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Poor enough match but job done. Keohane has now added left back to the portfolio of positions he's played in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayspasser View Post
    Poor enough match but job done. Keohane has now added left back to the portfolio of positions he's played in.
    He's only missing centre half and keeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Bitterly disappointing performance from Derry last night, but Bray full value for their win.
    We just didn't get going really, very poor stuff.

I do wonder how Bray have been doing so poorly of late, I thought they were decent last night. Pressuring our defenders is a simple way to ruin our game plan and Bray did a great job of it.

Audio of a fairly annoyed Kenny Shiels here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06696dp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    A pulsating encounter at the RSC, I wasn’t the most optimistic before the game with Dundalks 5-0 over pats the previous Monday, but we were superb. From front to back. Particularly the spine of Izzy, Hery, Keegan and Feely. Outstanding.

Two years ago I’d never of envisaged we’d be where we are. Really are riding on the crest of a wave at the moment. We’ve beaten every team this season. A surreal stat given our position as a club recently. Ok - granted, it’s easy change any club in the country with a few bob, but it isint just any club, it’s my club, and the level we are at now is something I’ve never experienced before.

On the game itself, it was really exciting. Both teams willing to attack. A dull first 40 minutes or so which I thought we may have shaded. Then pandomoniun in injury time. A very nasty looking injury (As far as I could make out not caused by the tackle) to Stephen O Donnell. Players were physically sick when they went to check on him which is not a good sign. Wish him a speedy recovery. He’s been a fantastic servant to the LOI and a joy to watch. I would fear however that this injury if as bad as it seemed could be the end for him in terms of playing career. Fingers crossed I’m wrong.

It all changed when he came off for Shields. First thing he done was kick Izzy and gave a silly free from which we socred. What Rogers was at I don’t know. Coming 18 yards for a ball he hadn’t a hope of getting. Not something you’d expect from an experienced keeper. Clocking Izzy after the ball as well. It would of been interesting to see if the ref would of awarded a penalty had the ball not gone in.

Kinda half missed the build up to the 2nd as as the buzz in the stands. Looked like Cleary fell asleep and let Izzy slip down the side of him and a great left footed finish.

A superb free kick from Murray brought Dundalk back into before the break. Not sure how he managed to get such dip on the ball from that close in. A great strike.

All of that in a crazy 9 minute injury time.

2nd half was again exciting, and while Dundalk had the possession we looked dangerous on the break. Somehow Paul Keegans directed volley stayed out after hitting the butt of the post. Which would of killed the game off.

For all the possession Dundalk had I can’t remember Vigs been called into major action. Some scuffed shots wide from good positions and some heroic blocks from Izzy and Feely in particular kept us ahead. On the peno shout. It looked a clear dive from where we were. It’ll be interesting to see it on the highlights package but when there is no complaints from the player then it tells it’s own story.
    How's the boycott of "Izzy working out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    I hope not, but that injury to O'Donnell considering his past lengthy injuries might push him towards retirement. Think he's got the brain to be a coach or stay involved some similar way in football. Obviously, I wish him the best, but age and past body break down are counting against him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast