Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sawdoctors live at Trafalgar Square

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Sawdoctors live at Trafalgar Square

Anyone see their permformance on Sunday , classic.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They were absolutely brilliant. We were talking about them on the Christmas party thread. I think they were surprised by hom much support they had. We got fliers about the festival at their gig in December, wouldnt have missed it. The highlight of the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Great event yet not a mention of it in last nights "London" Evening Standard , I wish there was an alternative to that paper sick of their right wing anti Irish views.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred
    Great event yet not a mention of it in last nights "London" Evening Standard , I wish there was an alternative to that paper sick of their right wing anti Irish views.

As a subheading in their sister paper 'Metro' in an article on the Irish portait exibition they had 'Spud you like'. Scum Rascists And if you don't think its rascist consider if there was an article on a portait exibition of Jamacians in London and had a sub heading 'Banana Split' that is about the level that the rag sunk to.

Been years since I bought the Standard because of their attitude.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be honest, there has been no mention of sunday's events anywhere, its like it didnt happen. Given the number of people and the traffic problems it created, you would think it would have been mentioned somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis
    To be honest, there has been no mention of sunday's events anywhere, its like it didnt happen. Given the number of people and the traffic problems it created, you would think it would have been mentioned somewhere.
    In 'The Standard's' case, the headline would be, '100,000 Irish Disrupt London traffic'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very good.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ha ha, no I have to say i must have missed that. We had a few eejits by us, they were wasted, and didnt care if they stood in front or on us. Aside from a few though it was a great day out.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I love it. Hay wrap, just for everyone singing the dont go up on the trailer line they do live to promote safety. And of course - "i have fallen for her brother, she can make her on way home"
    Last edited by Babysis; 16/03/2005 at 1:40 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ok, well if you prefer, in the words of Pauro 7 "I have fallen for her mother, the land is in her name".

They are great. We went to see them at Shepherds Bush a couple of times and had a great night. Ive even got the "Get that wasp off my sandwhich" T-Shirt They have done the rounds, but are still going strong. Id love to see them to the Fleadh in finsbury Park this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Anyone else noticve the piece about the rugby in the Evening fascist last night , basically Dick Best said the Lions team should be full of English players because unlike the Welsh and Irish they are used to beating the Kiwis.

Fair play to Red Ken for putting on another great show.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred

Fair play to Red Ken for putting on another great show.

Yeah it was good, but it can be better. the loaction is not ideal. Traflagar Square is too small for the sheer numbers that have turned up each year. Somewhere like Hyde Park, now your talking. Also they need to keep making the line up better. The first year was superb, Divine Comedy, Undertones, Ronnie Drew. The Saw Doctors were brilliant, so they need to keep imporving

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Pogues were brilliant at Brixton in December. My lovely Boss gave me tickets as a bonus - Happy Days. Shane McGowan was in great form.

I am a big fan of Ronnie Drew and the Dubliners. I didnt think he was as good as ive seen him before. By the time he came on, i had moved up on to the steps, out of the main bit. I heard him going on about yer man in the fountain though. Idiots, was way too cold to be doing that. t

They let Party in the Park happen in hyde Park, but then that is the Princes Trust I suppose. The Southbank is not ideal either, as its two stages. There must be somewhere central.

I left at the end, when they wouldnt let Ronnie and co do an encore. Headed back to my local.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis
    They let Party in the Park happen in hyde Park, but then that is the Princes Trust I suppose. The Southbank is not ideal either, as its two stages. There must be somewhere central.

The reason given by the parks commision is that as St. Patrick's Day is in spring, this amount of people will do damage to the ground and the growing grass, then in summer when the grass is likely to be grown and the ground is harder (I think thats an accurate summary at least) Any hortculturalists out there to verify this.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here here, well said, and well done for the award.
    Last edited by Babysis; 17/03/2005 at 12:38 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best description of the SaW Doctors music seen in a review during the late 1980's......

" Designer Bog Music"..... highly entertaining nonetheless.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pronane
    they are simple but very efffective. They have tapped into the irish pschye very well.

I actually think they're lyrics are very good. especially looking back to when i was younger. things like:

"i used to kneel and watch her pass the glory of her ass"

the amount of times i did that at mass is unreal. and the likes of hay wrap, what other band could possibly produce such a simple song, that is actually a great song. maybe for ye dubs its a bit different cos ye dont understand as ye didnt grow up with the same background etc.
    I have no argument with you on any of the above, their lyrics are witty and brilliantly observed
    [/QUOTE] but i dont think its fair to call it bog music. [/QUOTE]

Anything that uses an accordion is Bog Music writ large my friend.... even Zydeco !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    LEGENDARY!!!!
    WEll done on the award Tuff!!!
    Was brilliant; brilliant atmosphere I was signing and dancing with ma flag all the way-lads in the fountain were dead funny

DADDY CAN I GO UP ON TOP?!?!?
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pronane
    aye, daddy daddy, can i go up on top daddy , i promise il be careful, theres wild bad pints in tuam!!!!

i said it already and ill say it agian, but ive said that so many times when i was younger. just great the way they can capture things in such simple lyrics.

ColtilDie they have an accordian in one song, to take the **** out of ceili/trad bands playing in the back of beyonds.

liam great aul gig alright, was singing away proudly as could be, that fella was well wet after.

did any of ye notice a little nacker, dublin knacker with a black cap had a real frustrated thug look on him like he was ready to fight and he kept hitting into people. small with a black jacket on him but looked mid 20's or more. ****ing me of no end.

I think you are spot on. The whole point of the Saw Doctors is that its fun.
    They dont take themselves too seriously, and neither do the people that go to see them. 3 times ive seen them, and each time its been a great day out.

As for the little fella in the black cap, sounds like you have described a fair few people who were there that day