Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Fixtures 27 Apr to 30 Apr

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Picking my eyelids with rusty nails would have been more enjoyable than watching the game in Longford tonight.

Horrible, horrible game of football.
    Correction, watching harps was horrible. Deliberately targeted young Aodh Dervin and kicked him off the field. Some absolutely disgraceful challenges not punished by a weak referee who allowed unbelievable amounts of time wasting. Longford the only team that tried to win the game and played some beautiful football on the night but that’s our problem we are too naive. Harps knew how to kill the game and got their reward when our keeper dropped a clanger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Pats played for a 0-0 in Tallaght too. Barely got out

of their own half. I can see why a team like Bohs playing football would have them do the same, especially with ten men. I think Bucko realises the lads he has now aren't a patch on his teams of old and can't play the same way all the time.
    Probably Bohs worst display of the season and fortunate that Pats were so dreadful. Sending off happened at far end so couldn’t really see but ref seemed definite. Even with 11 players Pats were poor and played little by way of football.
    Dylan Watts is an outstanding player, worth the entrance fee alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Correction, watching harps was horrible. Deliberately targeted young Aodh Dervin and kicked him off the field. Some absolutely disgraceful challenges not punished by a weak referee who allowed unbelievable amounts of time wasting. Longford the only team that tried to win the game and played some beautiful football on the night but that’s our problem we are too naive. Harps knew how to kill the game and got their reward when our keeper dropped a clanger.
    Did you really think Longford played beautiful football?
    Christ...if that is what's considered beautiful football then I'm lost for words.

Targeting a player is a laughable accusation. The amount of tackles Longford got away with was hilarious. I would certainly agree with the weak referee remark in that regard.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Christ...if that is what's considered beautiful football then I'm lost for words.

Targeting a player is a laughable accusation. The amount of tackles Longford got away with was hilarious. I would certainly agree with the weak referee remark in that regard.
    Before the ye got the winner, we're were laughing at the ****e you'd be talking - you've lived up to all expectations!
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Before the ye got the winner, we're were laughing at the ****e you'd be talking - you've lived up to all expectations!
    Laugh away. I'm happy enough with three points that we never deserved.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    What was more worrying was McGrath telling Whooobin to stay down and have another few rolls while the rest of the team surround the ref to get McCormack a card. Ye really have a cynical team. No doubt well coached in the dark arts.

He gave a few strange decisions but overall I felt he did well in not bowing to the Dundalk pressure.
    More worrying than jumping in to a player with a leading forearm to the head. Whatever McGrath did or said the bandaging 'round Hobam's head was pretty obvious so you couldnt have missed it. Hoban disappeared out of the game bar a few airkicks so concussion wasnt out of the question. Winning the ball and winning the ball dangerously and catching a player studs up at the knee are two differentt things. The Ref gave a free for the challang on McGrath and it could have been a card too. Obvious Cork bias from a Dublin ref

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-conno...ticism-unfair/

Interesting interview from Kenny, basically saying Dylan Connoly comes in for way too much criticism, given his young age and the big money signing tag that's associated with him. Also, 2 fractured ribs for Gannon, out 4-6 weeks. Dundalk fans would see him more often, do ye think he will come good eventually? It's hard to see at the moment, he looks a bit lost any time I've seen him on TV, but he still has to live off of minutes from the bench, so not always easy to make an impact.
    Last edited by CorribsideSteve; 29/04/2018 at 8:02 PM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-conno...ticism-unfair/

Interesting interview from Kenny, basically saying Dylan Connoly comes in for way too much criticism, given his young age and the big money signing tag that's associated with him. Also, 2 fractured ribs for Gannon, out 4-6 weeks. Dundalk fans would see him more often, do ye think he will come good eventually? It's hard to see at the moment, he looks a bit lost any time I've seen him on TV, but he still has to live off of minutes from the bench, so not always easy to make an impact.
    In a word - no

His confidence seems well shot. Maybe the ankle injury SK talked about is a bigger issue than was generally known. I am not optimistic although SK has an incredible track record of turning players careers around
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 29/04/2018 at 8:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    The only criticism of Connolly I have read has been from fans, and rightly so. Hes ****e. He was ****e when he was at Bray but he looked good in a bad team. He has pace and nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    It’s s strange one from Kenny, I haven’t read or heard much if any criticism of Connolly in the media. It’s all been from the supporters and it’s been valid. I can’t see any potential for improvement, all he has is pace but he doesn’t even know how to use that effectively. I despair when he is brought on and I think he affects Gannons ability to get forward as he doesn’t provide much protection either.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts

We never went long once all night (even though most fans feel we need to start learning to do so to avoid these stupid goals). Harps sat with 10 men behind the ball, we had to play in extremely tight spaces where even one loose touch or pass would be punished and yet we still managed to create bucket loads of chances so yes we played some superb football as the highlights prove, our goal was a beauty in itself even though if I was OH I’d kill the midfielder who let McGlade just walk off him to get a free shot at goal. Anyway it’s gone now, same old from us. Playing great, the better team by far but no game management has cost us points. Be doing well to get 4th spot now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Probably Bohs worst display of the season and fortunate that Pats were so dreadful. Sending off happened at far end so couldn’t really see but ref seemed definite. Even with 11 players Pats were poor and played little by way of football.
    Dylan Watts is an outstanding player, worth the entrance fee alone.

Pats in control of the game up until the sending off, Watts hardly got a touch of the ball until then, granted he was very good after that.
    There was contact for the peno incident but it might not have been enough for a foul but could have been enough for it not to be a dive one of those were you've seen them given but seen them waved away too.

Thought Pats were solid too after the sending off and looked to be taking all 3 points until Murphy decided to almost throw the ball into his own net for the Bohs first goal.

It certainly isn't an open free flowing Bucko team of old but there is still quality there and far more resilient than last few seasons, were a god keeper and a certain forward away from the top 4 IMO.

13. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Harps were very lucky but showed a bit of steel. Longford had a lot of pressure without really working Gallagher that much. Game was a mirror image of some of ours this season where we had all the ball and failed to work the opposition keeper.

The ref was absolutely abject.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Harps were very lucky but showed a bit of steel. Longford had a lot of pressure without really working Gallagher that much. Game was a mirror image of some of ours this season where we had all the ball and failed to work the opposition keeper.

The ref was absolutely abject.
    He had to make two great saves before our equaliser and we had three cleared off the line.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Should have got 3 points in Derry tonight. Much improved performance......
    Certainly should have. Way too many chances missed.
    It was a poor performance from all involved really, both teams and officials.
    We lacked any real attacking threat, the crowded midfield killed it. We stuck to our usual passing out from the back routine, but Shams closed us down, pressured the play, and generally contained us.
    Going forward however, they were just so wasteful. We should have lost that game, but for the poor attacking of Shams. Is Carr usually that bad? And if so, why is he playing?

On that officials, how Boyle got away with his attacks on Curtis, I don't know. Going with the elbows in, à la the Michael O'Neill days, was pretty disgraceful. Took five minutes for him to get stitches, but had to be substituted. I'll presume he was targeted.

Frustrating that we played so poorly, especially considering the crowd, but lucky to get the point, and it was certainly an improvement of the last time down in Tallaght.

As for some off-field stuff, away support fighting amongst themselves, though appeared to be sorted by some of the more sensible heads.
    Added to that, a Derry fanner was stolen after the game. The morons then stuck their photos up on Facebook in Emyvale. It's been passed on to the relevant people, we're told.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Car isn't normally that bad AFAIK he is suspended for tonights game against Cork and will be missed, he just had one of those nights but overall I was happy with the performance, if we can replicate going forward that will be the thing.
    I doubt Boyle was targeting Curtis haven't seen that from him at all just match stuff , sometimes things happen.
    Limerick tonight will be interesting match for you, we missed a hatfull of chances against them in Tallaght in the drawn game (car was suspended) , based on everything ive seen you should be getting 3 points but Limerick will bring effort and home advantage.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Brutal stuff from us tonight. 2 down in tallaght. Dundalk two up on pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Brutal stuff from us tonight. 2 down in tallaght. Dundalk two up on pats.
    Make that 3-0 and it’s brilliant from Rovers - it’s the inconsistency that’s killing us

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    A result like this has been coming for us really. Performances have been very poor. Amazing really that we find ourselves level on points at the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    A result like this has been coming for us really. Performances have been very poor. Amazing really that we find ourselves level on points at the top.
    Yup..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast