Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Fixtures 27 Apr to 30 Apr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    You're a massive troll or the most blinkered fan I've ever come across, which is it?

You must have some hearing or maybe you're a professional lip reader. Are you suggesting that Hoban was faking injury?
    Watch the game back and McCormack in particular every time there was a foul by Dundalk, hounding Doyle for cards, similar to Bolger when he was there. He actually did you a lot of favours last night, not booking McCormack, could have sent Keoghan off for his tackle on Hoare. Giving Cummins frees every time he backed in, grabbed the shirt and went to ground

Poor game overall, dominated possession but lacked a cutting edge. Cork setup for the draw with the hope of nicking a win and managed it with their only shot on target. The only consolation from last night is that if Cork continue to cough up that much possession in games they will come unstuck. Fully expect us to win the next one in Oriel, just depends what the table looks like when that comes around
    Whatever about the rest, but Hoban went to get up and McGrath pushed him back down, clearly indicating for him to stay down. It was ridiculous. Not sure if it was caught on camera, I haven't watched it back. Everyone was talking about it as it happens.

I'm not questioning that Hoban was hurt, but McGraths actions were clearly aimed at making more of it.

You guys go on continuously about us scoring our only shot in target. Similarly McNulty had one save to make, the difference being he made his.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    You're a massive troll or the most blinkered fan I've ever come across, which is it?

You must have some hearing or maybe you're a professional lip reader. Are you suggesting that Hoban was faking injury?
    Watch the game back and McCormack in particular every time there was a foul by Dundalk, hounding Doyle for cards, similar to Bolger when he was there. He actually did you a lot of favours last night, not booking McCormack, could have sent Keoghan off for his tackle on Hoare. Giving Cummins frees every time he backed in, grabbed the shirt and went to ground
    Cummins had plenty of frees given against him too. Were you even watching the game?

Also, Keohane won the ball when he was booked. Not even a free. One of the incorrect decisions that Neil Doyle made as referenced above.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Cummins had plenty of frees given against him too. Were you even watching the game?

Also, Keohane won the ball when he was booked. Not even a free. One of the incorrect decisions that Neil Doyle made as referenced above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Good man. It should be up on rte player now. Have a look at that first and come back to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Poor game overall, dominated possession but lacked a cutting edge. Cork setup for the draw with the hope of nicking a win and managed it with their only shot on target. The only consolation from last night is that if Cork continue to cough up that much possession in games they will come unstuck. Fully expect us to win the next one in Oriel, just depends what the table looks like when that comes around
    And Shields and Cleary were equally lucky not to go in the book, the former also adept at hounding the official. Doyle was inconsistent last night.

As for the rest of your post, we've heard all that before.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Cabo v Athlone abandoned due to floodlights failing

So that's Galway, Athlone, Drogheda and now Cabo that haves had lights failures this season

The First Division is dying on its feet at present

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Pat Hoban(I think) was clapping the shed after the game last night. Thought that was strange.
    I saw that too. I think he was just being sarcastic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Longford 1 - 2 Harps. Hard to beat a 90th minute winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Picking my eyelids with rusty nails would have been more enjoyable than watching the game in Longford tonight.

Horrible, horrible game of football.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Cabo v Athlone abandoned due to floodlights failing

So that's Galway, Athlone, Drogheda and now Cabo that haves had lights failures this season

The First Division is dying on its feet at present
    Bray have a few out of commission too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I saw that too. I think he was just being sarcastic.

It was probably around the same time the minority of the Cork fans in the shed started throwing bottles at the Dundalk team and officials leaving the pitch. Why would the tiny few even think of doing that?

I watched the game back, still think Dundalk deserved a draw but I will also counter this by saying we spent far far too much time passing along the back and in the middle, end of the day Dundalk didn't take their chances up front, Cork had one short on target and won the game, that's the way it goes.

Whats probably clear from last night is there is very little between both teams, I don't see either pulling away, the final two games will be key, and I think it will go into the last few weeks, possibly even the last week.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshead View Post
    I think it's seen better days, but has seen worse too.

I know, as you do going by your second sentence, that both teams have to play on it.

I also know that time and time again Kenny is slow to give us any credit and time and time again trots out some new excuse or equivocation when we beat him.

As Gavin McLaughlin tweeted last night, here's Dundalk's record since 2015 at the Cross: P8 W1 D2 L5 F6 A13

Was the pitch to blame all those other times too?

He's a very good manager, but a very sore loser. To be honest the excuses, the "better team lost" statement, and general bitterness make our wins that little bit more enjoyable.
    Not sure what the point is here, yes Dundalk have a very poor recent record at TX, but in that period mentioned still won 3 in a row league titles, so overall on all of those games and apart from one season (2017) they didn't really factor much in the end.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Picking my eyelids with rusty nails would have been more enjoyable than watching the game in Longford tonight.

Horrible, horrible game of football played by the away side.
    You left out a few words there Nidge, so I added them in for you. You're welcome.

2nd half, we tried to play football and win the game. Not sure what game Harps were at. I'm going to call it hacking.

We lack a finisher or two. Obviously us losing to ye lot says a lot about our limitations, we need to toughen up a bit and start grinding out wins. But, hopefully by keeping the passing game going too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    I honestly thought Longford were really poor too. A terrible game between two terrible teams.

Harps set up so so so negative. Even despite this, Longford were still poor. They played a bit of football around the middle of the park but despite one or two half saves from Gallagher never looked like scoring a second goal.

It took a cracker of a goal from outside the box to even get one.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Cork (at times) are set up the same way as Ireland. Long balls to the big man, heroic all out defending, and scoring from a half chance with their only shot on target. Last night's game was very much a case of that. Dundalk realized once the goal went in ( and what a beauty it was) that dejavu was happening, Cork shut up shop, and they just fizzled out. Losing Gannon at HT was a big set back.John Mountney had a good game I thought, always like his style. All in all a game as exciting as a plain Ryvita but livened up by a wonderful goal.
    Last edited by CorribsideSteve; 28/04/2018 at 10:36 PM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Longford could do with replacing a few bulbs at the car park end. It was noticeably darker there with four bulbs out.

As for the game.. not sure how the hell we won that. And I miss premier division refs. There is a noticeable difference in quality between the divisions.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Cork (at times) are set up the same way as Ireland. Long balls to the big man, heroic all out defending, and scoring from a half chance with their only shot on target. Last night's game was very much a case of that. Dundalk realized once the goal went in ( and what a beauty it was) that dejavu was happening, Cork shut up shop, and they just fizzled out. Losing Gannon at HT was a big set back.John Mountney had a good game I thought, always like his style. All in all a game as exciting as a plain Ryvita but livened up by a wonderful goal.
    Thats very unfair. On the surface the style might look similar but JC actually gives his players tactical instructions. We are also much better defensively than Ireland and rarely make mistakes.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    It was probably around the same time the minority of the Cork fans in the shed started throwing bottles at the Dundalk team and officials leaving the pitch. Why would the tiny few even think of doing that?
    There's no need for that sort of behaviour no matter what transpires on the pitch. I hate seeing it happen and if someone in my vicinity did that, I would most definitely make my feelings known to them. Absolutely no place for that at a football match.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    Exactly. Pats were playing for the corner flag with 15 left and sat so deep inviting pressure. Murphy was very bad for both goals and the ref was terrible for both teams. Many, many times he blew the whistle for a free even though Bohs had a clear opportunity for an advantage.

Hard to tell whether it was a dive or not from our end. From my view I thought the player got the ball, meaning if Brennan went down there was probably contact but the tackle was legal, but then again there was another poster saying he was cleaned out and another saying it looked like he dived so we'll have to wait till Monday to find out.

EDIT: @MarinoBohs
    Pats played for a 0-0 in Tallaght too. Barely got out of their own half. I can see why a team like Bohs playing football would have them do the same, especially with ten men. I think Bucko realises the lads he has now aren't a patch on his teams of old and can't play the same way all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Thats very unfair. On the surface, the style might look similar but JC actually gives his players tactical instructions. We are also much better defensively than Ireland and rarely make mistakes.
    Fair enough. At times ye play some very decent stuff, and I guess last night had to be pragmatism over style considering that Dundalk would want to play their game. It's effective and gets the job done. Praise has to go to the back 4. Dundalk didn't have an answer.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast