Thread: FAI Cup 2018

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Wouldn't exactly say scumbag

A flare lit when the teams came out. Not thrown on the pitch, not anything. Just a red flare held until it burnt out.

That win meant a lot to the club and people ran around a bit. Nobody looked for any trouble whatsoever and there was no trouble. Get over yourself. Maybe 2 or 3 ended up on the pitch but most just went to the barriers. Nobody should go on the pitch, fair enough. Derry City Stewards wouldn't let Bohs players warm down in front of us after the game. But most wished us well in the semis on the way out.

I saw some men aggressively hugging. Disgusting behaviour.
    I know in 2011 that there was trouble in flancare park in fai cup when ye played us but I think what Derry are saying is sour grapes.. their stewards are the worst in the league imo after the hassle we got from them years ago.. I would love to see Bohs get to a final as they havent being to one since 2010 when they won the setanta cup.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I know in 2011 that there was trouble in flancare park in fai cup when ye played us but I think what Derry are saying is sour grapes.. their stewards are the worst in the league imo after the hassle we got from them years ago.. I would love to see Bohs get to a final as they havent being to one since 2010 when they won the setanta cup.
    Bohs did historically have a problem element, and the club made huge strides to get rid of them (including multiple bans). we have worked with every club to ensure these people did not follow us away from home, often offering our own stewards to away stadiums. While there certainly was very vocal support last night (It was a FAI Cup qtr final) there was nothing dangerous at any stage and no more annoying than the Dutch Gold fueled masses demanding a Bureau de Change at every turnstile that was the Derry support of bygone years (I will not even mention those bl##dy drums )

As they say up north 'take your oil'. we had a horrendous run of ten defeats against Derry before the recent League game so a win or two was long overdue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Am I missing something or what have Derry said? The only thing I've seen from Derry fans is praise for the away support,and on here is the only criticism ive seen......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Wouldn't exactly say scumbag

A flare lit when the teams came out. Not thrown on the pitch, not anything. Just a red flare held until it burnt out.

That win meant a lot to the club and people ran around a bit. Nobody looked for any trouble whatsoever and there was no trouble. Get over yourself. Maybe 2 or 3 ended up on the pitch but most just went to the barriers. Nobody should go on the pitch, fair enough. Derry City Stewards wouldn't let Bohs players warm down in front of us after the game. But most wished us well in the semis on the way out.

I saw some men aggressively hugging. Disgusting behaviour.
    Following your team away on a wet Wednesday night? You dole sponger , get a job!
    Last edited by Dalymountrower; 20/09/2018 at 4:35 PM.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Midweek football fans cheats us all

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    To be fair...that 2011 incident if it's the one im thinking of always stands out as one of the worst incidents of heavy handed policing I've ever seen.
    I witnessed a couple of young lads asking to leave through a gate (they bizarrely decided they wanted to go to the pub) they had a very brief verbal disagreement with a steward, possibly about coming back...and next thing I knew a couple of guards were throwing them on the ground and pepper spray was being shot all over the place. Some narrowly missed my head and hit another person who like me was just heading to the toilet or wherever we were walking by all this to.
    Then there were newspaper reports making out that bohs fans were rioting!
    Last edited by topia; 20/09/2018 at 9:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Actually a quick Google would have served me well. It seems as I was walking by I missinterrpreted why they were trying to leave:

http://www.rabble.ie/2011/09/27/witn...ue-of-ireland/

Same end result

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    What did they do?
    From speaking to one of the stewards who was involved with trying to deal with the man who ran across the pitch a few times (in a very a comical chase with a different overweight steward). When he was finally caught by a few stewards as he tried to climb over an advertising hoarding to get back to the Bohs fans, a number of others fans left the stand and tried to start on the stewards whilst they were trying to deal with him. In his words, there was "continual aggro" from a section of the Bohs fans from the minute they arrived at the ground. Refusing to do whatever they were politely asked to do by stewards, continually jumping from the stands onto the out-field area/pitch, screaming in the face of stewards and pushing on them when they scored etc. They didn't try to do anything about the flares, as they didn't think it was worth the pain.

He described it as the only hassle they've had from any fans - home or away - all season.
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 21/09/2018 at 1:14 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    You'd hardly be having a rant without knowing all the facts, would you?
    Oh FFS

For those who are hard of understanding and lacking a sense of humour, the bit about Bohs fans not having jobs to get up for the next morning was clearly a joke.

I'm told a few of them have paper rounds

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    To be fair...that 2011 incident if it's the one im thinking of always stands out as one of the worst incidents of heavy handed policing I've ever seen.
    I witnessed a couple of young lads asking to leave through a gate (they bizarrely decided they wanted to go to the pub) they had a very brief verbal disagreement with a steward, possibly about coming back...and next thing I knew a couple of guards were throwing them on the ground and pepper spray was being shot all over the place. Some narrowly missed my head and hit another person who like me was just heading to the toilet or wherever we were walking by all this to.
    Then there were newspaper reports making out that bohs fans were rioting!
    As I remember it a couple of mini busses rocked up quite late to the game and the individuals on it were barred from dalier. A Bohs club official pointed this out to Longford who refused them entry as they were ****ed too. They kicked off and the Gardai pepper sprayed them but sadly it ended up hitting a few innocent supporters, can remember the medics having to run into the away end with huge water containers to wash lads eyes out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Oh FFS

For those who are hard of understanding and lacking a sense of humour, the bit about Bohs fans not having jobs to get up for the next morning was clearly a joke.

I get that joke , although maybe I am "hard of understanding" of the humorous quality of the use of the term "scumbag". We certainly have some characters in our fan base that I wouldn`t make excuses for, but everything that I heard and saw from the extensive footage of the Derry game, including your "rationale" above for your initial comments, suggests over exuberant well oiled fans seeing their team qualify for their first cup semi final in ten years ( ?) against the team that, up to a fortnight ago , had beaten them ten games in a row.
    Having said that, I work , I wasnt there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Oh FFS

Derry fan joking about not having a job ? clearly irony is not your strongpoint. Wife still working in the shirt factory ? (you see, we do clichés as well). as for Derry stewards 'politely' asking people anything, well that would be a first.

Just imagine, fans celebrating when their team score a goal in a cup quarter final (without any threat to anybody) wow, just wow, what is this league coming to ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Didn't stone every away bus anyway, because we all know that never happens in Derry
    It doesn't actually.

It sadly did on a few occasions a few years back, and was the result of local hoods/scumbags, and not Derry City fans. It was thankfully stamped out, and hasn't happened again since (fingers crossed). Even Irish league clubs bringing fans in numbers with union jacks etc haven't had any issues at the Brandywell this season (though touch wood, as we await the arrival of Linfield and Glentoran).

Well done for bringing some whatabouttery into the debate though. I'll return the favour by mentioning the time a group of 30 Bohs fans trashed a pub in Derry occupied by pensioners and tourists in a sectarian attack, which resulted in four of them being jailed. Unlike the unacceptable stoning of buses, that actually did involve supporters at a game https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...ck-331564.html

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Let's just agree both clubs are awful and move on.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Just imagine, fans celebrating when their team score a goal in a cup quarter final (without any threat to anybody) wow, just wow, what is this league coming to ?
    Is running around a pitch in the middle of a game and trying to start fights with stewards really the only way fans can celebrate a goal ?

You're making excuses for the poor behaviour of a minority of your supporters. And by so doing, contributing to an environment in which they can continue to do it unimpeded. There is some fantastic work happening at Bohs to create a great vibe around the club and attract new supporters to your games. And it's the envy of pretty much every other club in the league. No point risking all that for the aggressive behaviour of a few who seem to think you can't be a supporter or celebrate a goal without trying to pick a fight or act the tit.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well I for one am appalled and think they should be relegated.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    This unfortunate how one or two can give club supporters a bad name.

In general Derry fans are great

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Is running around a pitch in the middle of a game and trying to start fights with stewards really the only way fans can celebrate a goal ?

You're making excuses for the poor behaviour of a minority of your supporters. And by so doing, contributing to an environment in which they can continue to do it unimpeded. There is some fantastic work happening at Bohs to create a great vibe around the club and attract new supporters to your games. And it's the envy of pretty much every other club in the league. No point risking all that for the aggressive behaviour of a few who seem to think you can't be a supporter or celebrate a goal without trying to pick a fight or act the tit.
    Didn't see anybody 'picking a fight', although your stewards are not known for their gentle technique. It was wrong for anyone to enter the field of play - as has been acknowledged, but it was in celebration, in a cup quarter final away from home.No threat to anyone and no offence unless you were looking for I,t to say that constitutes a 'problem' at the club is bullsh1t of the highest order and, I suspect, you know that.

Given the drunken behavior of some Derry fans at almost every ground in the country over the years, your new found fundamentalism is a bit bizarre. Congrats on having stopped stoning away buses, you must be soooooooo proud.
    .......anyway, we have a semi final to prepare for

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Didn't see anybody 'picking a fight'
    Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

It was wrong for anyone to enter the field of play - as has been acknowledged, but it was in celebration, in a cup quarter final away from home.
    "It was wrong - but here's a load of reasons why it wasn't really all that wrong.."

No threat to anyone and no offence unless you were looking for I,t to say that constitutes a 'problem' at the club is bullsh1t of the highest order and, I suspect, you know that.
    No threat, except for the ones who tried to start on stewards.

Given the drunken behavior of some Derry fans at almost every ground in the country over the years
    I'd happily put the behaviour of Derry fans up alongside that of Bohs fans to be judged at any time. We both know who the supporters of other clubs would say they have less issues with (by far).

Congrats on having stopped stoning away buses, you must be soooooooo proud.
    And in return, congrats for having (temporarily) stopped smashing up pubs containing pensioners in sectarian attacks. Though admittedly, it's hard to do it when you find yourself behind bars. At least those lads finally discovered what it's like to have a queen

.......anyway, we have a pitch invasion to prepare for
    Fixed that for you

Banter aside, enjoy Cork!. Would be a good thing to avoid yet another Dundalk-Cork final pairing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    although your stewards are not known for their gentle technique.

Given the drunken behavior of some Derry fans at almost every ground in the country over the years, your new found fundamentalism is a bit bizarre. Congrats on having stopped stoning away buses, you must be soooooooo proud.
    .......anyway, we have a semi final to prepare for
    Bohs have issue with Derry stewards, Cork and Pats and Rovers with Dundalk's, Dundalk with Cork's and Rovers, Waterford, and Limerick have complained about stewarding probably in Cork etc etc. Give it a rest ffs, if people act like idiots they will be treated like idiots including drunk Dundalk fans outside of Turners Cross in the past, Bohs fan running on to pitch, Rovers fans running on to pitch. If there were less 'gentle technique' for gobsh1tes there might be a few less embaressments at games.

As for the 'drunken behaviour' of Derry fans over the years? Well drunk or sober they have been a pleasure to host, bring atmosphere and numbers to games, unless bashing on a big drum in every ground is drunken behaviour....my ears might have to agree on that one. Derry fans have always very welcome in Oriel and can use the Lilywhite Lounge most times too. Im sure most other grounds they have always been well received. Unless that bit about stoning buses is sarcastic, yes congrats on stopping that issue and indeed as Placid Casual mentioned having PSNI in the area too keep an eye on the drinking habits of visiting supporters.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 25/09/2018 at 10:49 AM.

26. Thanks From:

Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast