Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2018

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Sheppard is Cork's stand out player. McLaughlin had a good season, but was never going to get the nod over Gartland and Hoare.

Ridiculous that the second best team in the division is unrepresented in the team of the year.
    Tbf I know most LOI fans don't see us very often, but McLoughlin was our standout player this season. He's absolutely quality and the PFAI seemed to deem him good enough. I know it's only tokenism in general to get a nomination, but IMO, albeit a biased one, he should be there.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Gartland was out of the team at start of the season for ages cause he was sick not dropped! When the Dundalk players all got flu, he got it worse. Was bed riden and unable eat for 2 weeks and lost a load weight.
    As soon as he was fit, he was back in
    At least it was only temporary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    They should have turned out the lights , now that would have been funny
    Its a conspiracy i'm telling you its a conspiracy.
    From the clown that “hoped losing finalists would show some class” 😁
    The type that justify terms like “scumbag” 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Fantastic day on Sunday, great buildup, great crowd and a much better game than I expected. Kudos to Cork for playing their part in that, gracious in defeat to be fair.

Was starting to come down from that incredible high and starting to feel that off season disappointment, but then I log on here and am delighted to see a Rovers meltdown. Poor RH, it's incredible to see how Ez has broken him over the season. The off season can't come at a better time for him

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Fantastic day on Sunday, great buildup, great crowd and a much better game than I expected. Kudos to Cork for playing their part in that, gracious in defeat to be fair.

Was starting to come down from that incredible high and starting to feel that off season disappointment, but then I log on here and am delighted to see a Rovers meltdown. Poor RH, it's incredible to see how Ez has broken him over the season. The off season can't come at a better time for him
    Broken? Nah just amazed someone can consider their club to be big while constantly thinking and talking about another club. Especially considering if yous weren't challenging for the league (as yous so consistently say we aren't) we would't be able to care less about you.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Read over on Boards that the final got 124,000 viewers. Up 20k on last years final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LOI101 View Post
    Read over on Boards that the final got 124,000 viewers. Up 20k on last years final
    Not quite, the Final averaged 143,200 (a share of 16% of those watching TV at the time) up from 126,000 (share 13%) in 2017.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

9. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Thanks for that. Just gave the figures I saw on boards. What sort of share would a run of the mill league game get on a Friday night? Would depend on whether its covered by RTE or Eir I guess?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Just picked a random Friday RTÉ2 game (Bohs v Cork, Sep 14) which had an average of 52,000 and a 4.4% share. Some will be higher, some lower but that gives you a general idea.

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Just picked a random Friday RTÉ2 game (Bohs v Cork, Sep 14) which had an average of 52,000 and a 4.4% share. Some will be higher, some lower but that gives you a general idea.
    Is there a link to a ratings site where the games can be looked up ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Broken? Nah just amazed someone can consider their club to be big while constantly thinking and talking about another club. Especially considering if yous weren't challenging for the league (as yous so consistently say we aren't) we would't be able to care less about you.
    People only mention Rovers these days to laugh at you, you still think you're the biggest club because of your history, nice rental stadium and fan base. But the most important thing in football is who wins the trophies in the here and now which means you lot are also-rans. So yeah you could be considered rivals as in it'll be tough to get 3 points against Rovers when we play them but in no way are Rovers considered our title rivals. The sooner you lot recongnise this and gain some humility people might lay off you a bit, won't hold my breath though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Is there a link to a ratings site where the games can be looked up ?
    You have to be a customer of TAM Ireland/Nielsens so broadcasters, ad agencies, media buying agencies etc have access.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    They're decent viewing figures for the final. Again it raises the question on what could be achieved with proper marketing and a push from the FAI. Ticket prices and tickets to schoolboy clubs were good initiatives and RTE put together a full coverage package also. but I cant help but feel that a lot more could be done for the seasons showpiece game. Even with advertisment hoarding they werent even 50% in use, why not offer that space to charities if there isnt the interest from business. Im sure that there would be business interest if they were pursued mind!

There is far too much reliance on organic interest from LoI fans and clubs, people flicking over the tv channel etc. Whether the game has any quailty or whether there is a big game like atmosphere might generate additional interest for the following year if for the weeks in advance there was a big advertisment push....like 'cough' utilising bus stops. We were in the Gasworks pre match for example and they seemed to have no idea that the game was on and staff had that 'oh fcuk' look as busses were pulling up and swarms of fans were arriving in. Im sure they check for games at the Aviva in advance but this didnt register obviously so why?

For anyone at the game I think there is a general consensus that it was a good atmosphere and probably the best Ive experienced including Ireland games of recent. Maybe the first 15 minutes of the play-off v Denmark is all that would top it. After the 3 previous finals that were closer to 20k attendances its obvious now that those figures can be increased and the addition 10k or so (in a 55k ground) made a big difference to the general occaison.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    They're decent viewing figures for the final. Again it raises the question on what could be achieved with proper marketing and a push from the FAI. Ticket prices and tickets to schoolboy clubs were good initiatives and RTE put together a full coverage package also. but I cant help but feel that a lot more could be done for the seasons showpiece game. Even with advertisment hoarding they werent even 50% in use, why not offer that space to charities if there isnt the interest from business. Im sure that there would be business interest if they were pursued mind!

There is far too much reliance on organic interest from LoI fans and clubs, people flicking over the tv channel etc. Whether the game has any quailty or whether there is a big game like atmosphere might generate additional interest for the following year if for the weeks in advance there was a big advertisment push....like 'cough' utilising bus stops. We were in the Gasworks pre match for example and they seemed to have no idea that the game was on and staff had that 'oh fcuk' look as busses were pulling up and swarms of fans were arriving in. Im sure they check for games at the Aviva in advance but this didnt register obviously so why?

For anyone at the game I think there is a general consensus that it was a good atmosphere and probably the best Ive experienced including Ireland games of recent. Maybe the first 15 minutes of the play-off v Denmark is all that would top it. After the 3 previous finals that were closer to 20k attendances its obvious now that those figures can be increased and the addition 10k or so (in a 55k ground) made a big difference to the general occaison.
    maybe reason why fai wont make more of a push for cup final tickets is that they know that the atmosphere in the aviva is not as good as when it was in lansdowne road. heard this discussed on off the ball am this morning I think!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    People only mention Rovers these days to laugh at you, you still think you're the biggest club because of your history, nice rental stadium and fan base. But the most important thing in football is who wins the trophies in the here and now which means you lot are also-rans. So yeah you could be considered rivals as in it'll be tough to get 3 points against Rovers when we play them but in no way are Rovers considered our title rivals. The sooner you lot recongnise this and gain some humility people might lay off you a bit, won't hold my breath though
    If you prove one thing in this post it surely is that Rovers fans don't have the monopoly on arrogance, delusions and a lack of humility.... 5 good years and your the biggest club in Ireland
    If Cork had won the league again this year for two in a row would this make them the biggest club.
    Try and relax

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    If you prove one thing in this post it surely is that Rovers fans don't have the monopoly on arrogance, delusions and a lack of humility.... 5 good years and your the biggest club in Ireland
    If Cork had won the league again this year for two in a row would this make them the biggest club.
    Try and relax
    We would argue we are the biggest club!

I'm sure we're actually the fourth biggest, and so are Rovers and Dundalk and...

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Viewing figures likely much higher for this than the average LOI game as the target audience weren't off at another game themselves.

Televising a LOI match at 5pm on a Saturday evening during the summer would probably draw 100k-ish viewers on average, as most LOI fans would end up tuning in alongside the casual football fan spending Saturday evening in a pub.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Try and relax
    Ha, I'm very relaxed, why wouldn't I be? Have you seen the roll of honours recently? If you've proven one thing with your reply it is that you didn't really read my post, because if you did you would realise I never claimed we were the biggest club in Ireland. What is the criteria to be the biggest club anyway? Most trophies in all history or recent history? Best stadium? Biggest average attendance? Most money in the bank? Best European results? Biggest budget?

What I did say is that what matters is who is currently winning the trophies and as much as it pains Rovers fans, it aint you. Be humble, keep working on the project, keep Bradley and it will all work out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    We would argue we are the biggest club!

I'm sure we're actually the fourth biggest, and so are Rovers and Dundalk and...
    We all love being 4th!!

This sort of chat always makes me laugh, biggest club blah blah. How and why will differ with each club and fan. Dundalk are currently the top club in the league and the 2nd most successful and without any phoenix club history (with some luck and hard work), on paper the wealthiest currently but have a sh1t ground. Cork currently have the highest attendances and are 2ndt best club currently. Rovers are the top club historically, have the best ground (which was more good luck than good guidance) Athlone are the oldest and Youths the youngest. By what do you gauge being the biggest club never mind a big club as a Real Madrid fan eg would be laughing at us all on this!

As for the monopoly on arrogance, delusions and a lack of humility - we are making hay when the sun shines ;p Some Rovers fans do seem to talk as if they've a birthright to be 'biggest club' but i'd probably be no different if it were Dundalk that had 17 league titles. When Dundalk top the roll of honour in due course I will of course remind people at every opportunity. I will also take up the mantle telling everyone how everything should be done as THE model club!!

Seriously though these p!ssing matches are pointless. Each club has its merits, its (huge) fails and nearly every fan will differ!!

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    maybe reason why fai wont make more of a push for cup final tickets is that they know that the atmosphere in the aviva is not as good as when it was in lansdowne road. heard this discussed on off the ball am this morning I think!
    Im not sure if I get your point. The FAI wont push tickets because they think the atmosphere in the current stadium isnt as good as the old ground? I dont see why that would stop them and surely the effort should be to improve the atmosphere in a stadium that should be noisier that the old open stadium. Ive been in the old Lansdowne Road with the atmosphere like a morgue, same as Croke Park which I think is overated for atmosphere in general. The atmosphere at Irish internationals hasnt always been great even when the team were doing well, especially not for afternoon kick offs probably due to less pre match pints lol. I hate the lack of imagination with COYBIG, FoA, and Stand up for the BiG, over and over and over. Club fans usually have a batch of chants that if embraced better could be transferred to the international games. I think this was tried with a LoI singing section in the Aviva?

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast