Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum Robinson (F West Brom b.1995)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Ooh, that's gonna be tight - three games before the international break. Will he get enough gametime to make it worth Mick's while including him?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Played 30 minutes against Birmingham today - should Mick have held a spot for him? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47505158

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    2 goals after 22 mins for Robinson at home to Ipswich. Hopefully a few PL clubs are taking note.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    I see Rafferty gets first start for Preston today at full back

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    2 goals after 22 mins for Robinson at home to Ipswich. Hopefully a few PL clubs are taking note.
    Two lovely goals two, both from left of centre where Kilbane reckons he does his best work, cutting in on his right. Just what we need on one side of McGoldrick. I'd have Long on the other side but even ignoring McClean and Brady (both of whose places are at risk imho) there's O'Dowda, McGeady (brilliant yesterday I hear) and Horgan. All of these would do well ahead of the midfield 3 Mick seems to have (rightly) settled on for now, and either side of McGoldrick.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Two lovely goals two, both from left of centre where Kilbane reckons he does his best work, cutting in on his right. Just what we need on one side of McGoldrick. I'd have Long on the other side but even ignoring McClean and Brady (both of whose places are at risk imho) there's O'Dowda, McGeady (brilliant yesterday I hear) and Horgan. All of these would do well ahead of the midfield 3 Mick seems to have (rightly) settled on for now, and either side of McGoldrick.
    I concur. I think Long and Robinson aren't natural wingers. Brady and McClean are and their first instinct was to stay wide against Georgia. Long and Robinson are a 9 and 10 probably by trade with the ability to play wide and drift in.

I think O'Dowda could get one of the midfield roles in the long-term i.e. the Hendrick and Hourihane spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I think O'Dowda could get one of the midfield roles in the long-term i.e. the Hendrick and Hourihane spot.
    I wouldn't rule Brady out of that role either. He played it in Euro16 and was very good.
    If he gets back in form - I'd much prefer to see him playing in a midfield three than out wide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Norwich making a move according to Sky "sources".
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...allum-robinson

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    There were recent reports of interest from a PL team that wasn't Bournemouth. Norwich would make sense.

Robinson is so versatile I think he could do something at most clubs where they have a really clever manager. Howe has shown his ability to get the best of Fraser and Brooks so that is also an exciting prospect.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Bit of a change from last season, when the EPL season started with one misfiring Irish international striker in a first-team squad (Walters was sent to Ipswich by the end of August without playing). If Robinson's deal goes through, there could be five this season (Long, Obafemi, McGoldrick, Robinson and Hogan, assuming he holds his spot), with a couple of youngsters on the fringes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Preston have denied receiving bids for any of their players

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Preston accept bid from Premier League club for Ireland forward Robinson https://the42.ie/4720709

I wonder who. Any of the promoted clubs and maybe Bournemouth.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Rumour is it's Sheffield United.

That would mean potentially eight Irish forwards in Premier League squads next year (mostly squad players rather than starters though.)
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Lancashire Evening Post says it's Sheffield Utd.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Youd imagine that if it's Sheffield United the news of the acceptance has been leaked to drum up a more attractive bid. Sheffield United could do well under Wilder but they're operating on a budget.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    A good piece of business by Sheffield United is the rumoured fee of £8m is correct. He's easily worth that.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Some value. I've seen reports of 6m too. Regardless, that's good in this market. He had a great ratio for goals to games last season. If Sheffield United play to his strengths they will definitely make a gain.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Thought I'd bring Robinson's thread to the forefront given his performance today - after a few games working hard alongside McGoldrick without anything tangible to show for it, Robinson got his reward today, scoring Sheffield United's first and setting up the second with a cross that led to the equaliser (there may even be a case for crediting Robinson with that one also, as the defender's touch was minimal and the ball was curling towards the back post, but it has been awarded as an OG)

His goal was a very tidy striker's goal, as he moved towards the penalty spot, in the opposite direction of the Chelsea defenders, who were moving to close down Enda Stevens' run into the box - this gave Robinson space and Stevens a clear line to pass it to him and he opened his body and side-footed in neatly into the corner.

He had missed an opportunity in the first half that a more established PL striker might have taken, but really indicated in the second half that he is going to be comfortable with the step-up in class, which is great for us, and Mick, as we still need a forward on the up immediately - even the most optimistic view of the youngsters is probably that they will establish themselves just too late to have a serious impact on the upcoming qualifiers.

Incidentally Stevens impressed again and linked up well with Robinson; Egan had a difficult time, as a mix-up between him and Jack O'Connell led to Chelsea's second. McGoldrick came on in the second-half but didn't have much of an impact.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Thought I'd bring Robinson's thread to the forefront given his performance today - after a few games working hard alongside McGoldrick without anything tangible to show for it, Robinson got his reward today, scoring Sheffield United's first and setting up the second with a cross that led to the equaliser (there may even be a case for crediting Robinson with that one also, as the defender's touch was minimal and the ball was curling towards the back post, but it has been awarded as an OG)

His goal was a very tidy striker's goal, as he moved towards the penalty spot, in the opposite direction of the Chelsea defenders, who were moving to close down Enda Stevens' run into the box - this gave Robinson space and Stevens a clear line to pass it to him and he opened his body and side-footed in neatly into the corner.

He had missed an opportunity in the first half that a more established PL striker might have taken, but really indicated in the second half that he is going to be comfortable with the step-up in class, which is great for us, and Mick, as we still need a forward on the up immediately - even the most optimistic view of the youngsters is probably that they will establish themselves just too late to have a serious impact on the upcoming qualifiers.

Incidentally Stevens impressed again and linked up well with Robinson; Egan had a difficult time, as a mix-up between him and Jack O'Connell led to Chelsea's second. McGoldrick came on in the second-half but didn't have much of an impact.
    Robinson did very well against Chelsea yesterday and Stevens was equally good. Thought McGoldrick held the ball up well when he came on. Sheffield improving quite a bit in the top flight.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast