Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures Fri 13th - Tues 17th April 2018

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshead View Post
    I can't remember an individual player ever getting the level of criticism Bolger got on SR last night, was surprised how hard O'Brien went in in him, especially the line about how his performance was so poor that Bolger should refund his wages
    I think he said that if it was him, he would give back his wages.

Comical coming from a player who didn't try a jot at Dundalk after becoming annoyed with the manager. I don't recall him returning his wages after he manufactured 2 yellow cards to avoid playing against Drogheda.

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    We are going no where, since Mick O Neill none of our managers got the team performing to the level that they should off/were capable of. Thats not being arrogant in saying they should be winning the league because there were other clubs were fielding better teams each season, outstanding in the case of Dundalk. Bradly did bring a measure of improvement with regards in terms of least his team looked to be trying and i thought "look he is a young coach he is only learning" but he simply is not. It looks to me that he is still acting/thinking like a player rather than a manager. He needs to go. Finn has had a poor and thats being kind to him season. Luke Byrne is not of the standard required to fill that position and tbh we would be better of standing a 20 kg bag of Roosters in the goalmouth and playing 11 outfield players rather than using one of the 2 1st choice keepers. How would i like in, not sure Harry Kenny perhaps, he managed to get some return from that group of players when at Bray recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    To shudder where rovers could be if theyd given kenny thar time they allowed bradser nutsy and crolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    At first under Bradley I liked what they were doing, developing their youth Clarke/Boyd/Bolger that they had invested time in, but now they have a team he signed he has to be judged much more harshly & on that score the results have been more rubbish than what comes out of his mouth.

Who got impatient that Rovers needed to be challenging for the title instead of creating a talented hard working team of their own players that could turn good in time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Paul Doolin would be the ideal man if Bradley had to be promoted to Director of Football. His style is so sterile it would make Fenlon's football appear lavish and outrageously adventurous.

#trustinbradser #4moreyears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    I`m not sure if results last night were that surprising, by all accounts Pats were decent away to Cork, and Waterford are adjusting to the loss of key players so a home win was not that unexpected, ridiculous by Waterford finishing with 9. The warning signs were there with Bray after the hugely improved performance they put in last Friday. Kenny said as much after as this was one of Dundalk’s most difficult games so far, but 3 defeats in a row must put Bradley in even more pressure now. Derry are flying it at the minute and what a game that should be on Friday at Oriel Park.

Dundalk should have a very tough game tonight in what is most likely going to be a very heavy pitch in Limerick, priority for me is 3 points and by any score, we will need to play a lot better than last Friday to win the game.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    At first under Bradley I liked what they were doing, developing their youth Clarke/Boyd/Bolger that they had invested time in, but now they have a team he signed he has to be judged much more harshly & on that score the results have been more rubbish than what comes out of his mouth.

Who got impatient that Rovers needed to be challenging for the title instead of creating a talented hard working team of their own players that could turn good in time
    Clubs engage in work that may not benefit the first team immediately. Perhaps, a lot of good work is being done at Rovers.

However, in the case of Bradley this is combined with ridiculous and avoidable decisions; ie. not signing a competent keeper (a basic in the LOI), swapping Boyle for Madden, turning down Cleary in favour of Gilchrist, and signing a holding midfield player who couldn't do the same job at Cork (a better team who have more possession).

Not to mention, the constant signing of crocked players or those who want an easy life while they coast to retirement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    I think to be fair on Cleary, it was more a case of Dundalk offering more, it was put out at the time that Rovers would not be offering him a contract, it was probably more the case that he didn’t accept what Rovers offered.

Bolger is a strange one, thought he actually slowed up their MF v Dundalk a few weeks ago, almost getting in the way. Getting rid of Madden was just nuts.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    I can't remember an individual player ever getting the level of criticism Bolger got on SR last night, was surprised how hard O'Brien went in in him, especially the line about how his performance was so poor that Bolger should refund his wages
    I thought it was very unprofessional to use his platform to ridicule a player in this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

Dundalk should have a very tough game tonight in what is most likely going to be a very heavy pitch in Limerick, priority for me is 3 points and by any score, we will need to play a lot better than last Friday to win the game.
    When was the last time Limerick gave Dundalk a tough game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I think to be fair on Cleary, it was more a case of Dundalk offering more, it was put out at the time that Rovers would not be offering him a contract, it was probably more the case that he didn’t accept what Rovers offered.
    The simple reality of it is that the Biggest Club in Ireland (TM) had Cleary training with them early on in pre-season - he even played in a friendly match in mid January - before signing for Dundalk in mid February. For whatever madcap reason Bradley seemed to think that Gilchrist, Bone,Grace and Lopez were better options.

It was obvious from his first appearance with Dundalk, that this chap is special

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Our first meeting with them last year was a tough match, 1-0 win if memory serves me, but I think we're unbeaten against them over the last few years anyway so point taken. I think it will most likely be an ugly game and I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped points because we have looked to really lack fitness at times this season and with the game on friday against Shams being one of such high intensity we may be a little sluggish and if the pitch is heavy in any way it's not going to help us.
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    In the first division limerick were the team I dreaded us playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Maybe the game in summer of 2015 when Limerick were 2-1 up and Dundalk won it 3-2 or 4-2, Richie Towell with 2 I think and then the infamous song from the Limerick fans ……………..‘that’s why your champ----ions’

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    On Cleary, as far as I'm aware Stephen "Bradser" Bradserley was going to sign him as backup and the plan was to send him out on loan, left it on the long finger while he sorted out the rest of the keystone cops and Dundalk nipped in and offered him a contract that Cleary happily accepted. Understandable given he must have been too busy planning for all these cup finals Rovers have been playing in this season and raring 452242 kids in the youth system.

Tough game for us tonight down in Limerick, early doors in the season but a win would do nicely to keep the momentum going. Fond memories of the halycon days of the graveyard and Colin Scanlon doing us a massive favour v Shels!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    On Cleary, as far as I'm aware Stephen "Bradser" Bradserley was going to sign him as backup and the plan was to send him out on loan...
    Strange how a couple of thousand Dundalk fans could see, at first glance, that Cleary is huge talent and would be the lynchpin of the defence for the season.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Maybe the game in summer of 2015 when Limerick were 2-1 up and Dundalk won it 3-2 or 4-2, Richie Towell with 2 I think and then the infamous song from the Limerick fans ……………..‘that’s why your champ----ions’
    We went 1-0 up after about 90 seconds, and the next 75 minutes or so was just about the most one-sided siege of a goal I've ever seen, until you finally scored, and from then on there was only going to be one result. Finished 3-1.

You beat us 1-0 in the second or third game of last season, and we were competitive enough, but after that, I don't think we ran you close at all last season, and don't think we'll do it tonight either, although the fact that it rained heavily all night long might work in our favour somewhat. Our best chance of a result is against teams that play long balls or work it wide for crosses, because we defend that pretty well. But any team that tries to play through us will cut us open fairly easily.
    Last edited by osarusan; 17/04/2018 at 11:48 AM.

19. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Bolger is a strange one, thought he actually slowed up their MF v Dundalk a few weeks ago, almost getting in the way. Getting rid of Madden was just nuts.
    Cleary wouldn't sign without a clause in the contract that allowed him to leave for free if a uk club wanted him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Lads, we didn't even give cobh a difficult game ffs.

Dundalk by 2 or 3 in second gear.

Dundalk by as many as they like if they bother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Cleary wouldn't sign without a clause in the contract that allowed him to leave for free if a uk club wanted him.
    So Rovers opted for Ally Gilchirst to buttress the defence - who was released by St Johnstone after making no league appearances in the last 4 years?

Daniel Cleary then signs a two year deal with Dundalk - apparently without any free transfer opt-out clause. Go figure

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast