Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Fixture 6-7 April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    And if Caulfield hadn't acted like a cretin and encroached the pitch, none of it would have kicked off and Hery might've got a yellow card for time wasting.
    If you want to go down that road take a look at all the people on the pitch after Waterfords winner. Should all of those have been sent off? Every single sub?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gormacha View Post
    With respect, that is not the tone of the responses, and it is significant that you refer to "we", as all the CCFC support seems to have precisely the same view, which is in contrast to how most everyone else is apportioning blame. Doesn't that strike you as odd? Doesn't it possibly suggest a rather blinkered view of the incident?

The straw man argument keeps getting advanced that somehow Héry is being given a pass. He wasn't, and he won't be. He'll be correctly heavily punished.
    I say "We" to refer to those arguing the point here. It hasn't just been Cork City fans either, though we are in the majority. Take a read through again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    And if Caulfield hadn't acted like a cretin and encroached the pitch, none of it would have kicked off and Hery might've got a yellow card for time wasting.
    Thats a bit harsh. Caulfield is the type of manager that others can like to dislike but a manager that if at one of our own clubs would be revered for his staunch passion for his club. For all the finger pointing I can understand why Crok fans would feel that his role wasnt as the biggest culprit. He was being idiotic but not in a cretinous way, and not in a way that we wouldnt see many managers or players on the sidelines react when chasing a game, especially in a derby and what is a very close league. When the last free kick in Oriel for Rovers and Bolger was trying to steal a few yards, the manager, assistant and Hoban were all up pointing on where the free should be taken from. Bolger had to move the ball back 3 times - if we hadnt been clinging on to the result a metre here or there wouldnt have mattered much to anyone. Ok it wasnt exactly encroaching on to the pitch to place the ball which would have undoubtedly caused a reaction from Bolger and maybe melee. Stones in glasshouses and all that!

I should add that there is an additional burden on a manager, and to a lesser extent on a club captain to show discipline and set an example but I dont think in the heat of the moment that anyone is above erring in judgement.

I didnt note before but Hery did slap the ball out of a Cork players hands and then dribble it away before Caulfield went after the ball which slighly changes the context of Caulfields reaction.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 09/04/2018 at 11:41 PM.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    I’m going against the grain here - for me, Hery was the cause of the whole thing spilling over. Waterford bench hold on to the ball, it doesn’t flare up; Hery grabbing the ball and throwing it away, it doesn’t flare up; Caulfield running on to grab the ball, it doesn’t flare up; Hery pushing Caulfield - it flares up.
    Caulfield completely in the wrong to encroach. But while you can maybe excuse that as just trying to get the ball, there is no excuse for Hery’s actions. None. And that’s when the whole thing kicks off.
    Last edited by WoodquayBoy; 10/04/2018 at 12:06 AM.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    If you want to go down that road take a look at all the people on the pitch after Waterfords winner. Should all of those have been sent off? Every single sub?
    Seriously? You're drawing comparisons between Waterford substitutes celebrating a goal with their teammates to your MANAGER running onto the field of play in the middle of a game to dispossess an opposition player? Really? Give your head a wobble.

It's not the first and it won't be the last incident that Caulfield gets involved in needlessly.

On the sideline, he acts like a moron in general. He's constantly parading up and down the sideline like a child that's had too much sugar, he's outside of his technical area regularly. Badgering refs, getting needlessly involved in spats. I've seen him run on the field of play on several occasions just when Galway United played Cork alone. He get into confrontations with opposition benches and in general, just makes an embarrassment of himself on the line. "JC kicks every ball biy."
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    I wont disagree with your last paragraph but the first you make it sound like he got involved in the game during play.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    Having seen the incidents on Soccer Republic it occured to me that the reaction of Héry towards Caulfield was one that would normally indicate some very vile words were directed Hėry's direction by the Cork manager. Hence Héry reacted in a manner not too disimiliar to a person being abused in a race hate manner. This is a conjecture on my part and my reading of the matter. It is not a good image for the game. I think there actually is a good possibility of a single point deduction for both sides.
    What a bizarre and completely unsupported comment.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Not that it really matters, and you won't change your mind, but just to say that pretty much everyone outside of CCFC who has commented on this episode - not just WFC supporters - has reasonably pointed out that nothing out of the ordinary happens until Caulfield enters the pitch, and that's the key to it all. I genuinely find it astonishing that even as a fan of the club that this is so hard to admit to. It's possible to love your club and still be able point out when it or one of it's people are responsible for something.
    I have never disagreed with that point. If Caulfields not in the pitch it doesn't happen.

What I've argued with is he is solely responsible. If Hery doesn't push him, equally nothing comes of it.

I don't 'admit' it's all Caulfields fault because I genuinely don't think it's all Caulfields fault.

Obviously, I'm inherently biased, but theres not many here that aren't. Caulfield isn't exactly a well liked manager and plenty of people are loving the chance to stick the boot in, including the dundalk fan above who literally said Hery did nothing wrong and couldn't control himself....

JC has responsibility for what happened. As does Hery.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Caulfield isn't exactly a well liked manager and plenty of people are loving the chance to stick the boot in, including the dundalk fan above who literally said Hery did nothing wrong and couldn't control himself....
    Most are debating the issues, some are sticking the boot in, but the majority are sitting back and getting a great laugh out of how many Cork fans are begrudgingly admitting and then downplaying Caulfield's role, while simultaneously escalating Hery's culpability.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    Having seen the incidents on Soccer Republic it occured to me that the reaction of Héry towards Caulfield was one that would normally indicate some very vile words were directed Hėry's direction by the Cork manager. Hence Héry reacted in a manner not too disimiliar to a person being abused in a race hate manner. This is a conjecture on my part and my reading of the matter. It is not a good image for the game. I think there actually is a good possibility of a single point deduction for both sides.
    I get the feeling that that comment is more a reflection on you than Caulfield. As above, that's a completely bizarre comment to make.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I didnt note before but Hery did slap the ball out of a Cork players hands and then dribble it away before Caulfield went after the ball which slighly changes the context of Caulfields reaction.
    I agree with this. You could even go a step further back say that if the Waterford bench didn't interfere with the ball that Griffen tried to retrieve, then none of it would have happened. Everything else that followed was ludicrous. I've never felt so sick leaving a game.

I get the feeling that the next game with Waterford is one that we will be eyeing, probably for the first time in a very long time.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    If you want to go down that road take a look at all the people on the pitch after Waterfords winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    You could even go a step further back say that if the Waterford bench didn't interfere with the ball that Griffen tried to retrieve, then none of it would have happened.
    Ah lads. Would you ever have a look at where ye're going with this now!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Right to the beginning? I would have fully preferred that the whole thing didn't happen. It left a bad taste.

I don't actually think we were ever going to score anyway. The game plan didn't really make any sense. Teams have worked out that Conor McCarthy is uncomfortable on the ball and just let him have it (he gives it back every time). Morrissey and Buckley were awful on the night, so we replace McCormack........we had no width on the right so we bring on one of the best wingers in the league to play up top instead of our striker, when it has been proven time and time again that he can't play up top.

Waterford now miss MOTM Aborah and, probably their best player, Hery. While we miss Buckley, who needs a spell on the sidelines anyway, and Beattie, who isn't getting his spot at RB for some reason. I think we've come out a little better from the goings-on, but I still wish it didn't happen.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Waterford now miss MOTM Aborah and, probably their best player, Hery. While we miss Buckley, who needs a spell on the sidelines anyway, and Beattie, who isn't getting his spot at RB for some reason. I think we've come out a little better from the goings-on, but I still wish it didn't happen.
    The juvenile nature of many Cork folk is summed up in this paragraph

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    I think we've come out a little better from the goings-on
    That is undoubtedly true, which adds to the frustration as to how and why events unfolded. It has the potential to derail us for a while at least. I think our mid four diamond is as good a midfield as there is in the country, but as I commented before the Cork game, all it takes is a couple of injuries or suspensions to undermine us as our squad depth is, er, not very deep.

If they get three games (and Héry runs the risk of more, which I think would be excessive, but it's possible), then the affected games will probably be away to Derry (who are playing really well), away to Pats (ditto) and home to Bray (well...). We could easily drop six points or even worse. Eeek

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    The juvenile nature of many Cork folk is summed up in this paragraph
    "Better" is a relative term.

As for more intelligent comment from gormacha, that's exactly what I meant.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Just wanted to point out that the argument that John Caulfield is some kind of a monster for entering the field of play is ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    When hell's fires have burned out and purgatory is past its sell by date -
    this thread ....

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Been doing a house move recently. Some time in the past couple of days I damaged the big toe nail on my left foot but didn't notice much, and then last night it caught in the carpet and tore in half.

That was considerably less painful than reading through this thread. Talk about mountains made out of molehills, this is the entire Himalayas made out of the bumps on a used novelty condom.

FFS.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Seems to be a lot of faux outrage about the incident, especially on Caulfield. Reminds me on how EPL fans talk about an incident :/ Incident was sorted during the game, suspensions will follow as it should.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast