Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures Fri 23rd March thru Monday.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Seeing some waterford fans giving out about rovers fans having a banner having a go at them for supporting a rapist. I mean it's just stating a fact lads, calm down.
    I didn't see the banner, but it sounds like it was intended to goad and incite local fans.

Why not simply support your own team rather than insult others?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Despite being given a helping hand by yet another catastrophic refereeing performance, It was Rovers and not waterford who looked and played like they had the extra man.
    great commitment from all who played in the Hoops, apart from that gob$hite in goal

Rovers wont be at the business end of any success this season with a defence like that.

Shame on waterford for blackening their own name by employing known sexual predators
    Agree with you that they fought gamely but they couldnt force anything clear cut.
    The gap is still there between Shamrock Rovers and the top two teams and Waterford look a decent oitfit.
    Dont think we'll cause you any problems next week to be honest. We're too lightweight and soft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Your entitled to your opinion EL P. I don't think cork are a patch on last year's league winners Sean Maguire Fc 8 points behind last year already. The dundalk lads must be feeling confident.
    How are we "8 points behind last year already" when we've only dropped 5 points so far this season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Correct and right maths attack while drinking pints
    Great crowd last night, this is what the loi can be like.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 24/03/2018 at 9:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I didn't see the banner, but it sounds like it was intended to goad and incite local fans.

Lol ..You should definitely try that for a while

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Lol ..You should definitely try that for a while
    If I have ever insulted you, I offer you a heartfelt apology.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Despite being given a helping hand by yet another catastrophic refereeing performance, It was Rovers and not waterford who looked and played like they had the extra man.
    great commitment from all who played in the Hoops, apart from that gob$hite in goal

Rovers wont be at the business end of any success this season with a defence like that.
    I was very impressed with the composed play by Rovers for most of the game, not easy when you are down to 10 men and have to make enforced substitutions through injury. Your point about the defence, and the goalkeeper in particular, are spot on.

Ronan Finn looked a class apart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Seeing some waterford fans giving out about rovers fans having a banner having a go at them for supporting a rapist. I mean it's just stating a fact lads, calm down.
    Waterford would be better off giving out to the manager and the board for signing a player that tarnishes their reputation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Your entitled to your opinion EL P. I don't think cork are a patch on last year's league winners Sean Maguire Fc 8 points behind last year already. The dundalk lads must be feeling confident.
    It's impressive for us to be 8 points behind considering we've only dropped 5 points!

Losing the best player I've seen play in the league is obviously going to have an impact. But that's not really been our main issue so far this season, our defence has. Our attack is looking significantly stronger than post Seani last year, and its a joy to watch Sadlier and McNamee in particular. Not overly concerned about that.

Our defence on the other hand has been a shambles, and we need to sort that if were to win anything.

That said, I haven't been overly impressed with dundalk (though I'm envious of their defence!) and rovers and Waterford have both been a level below that. Waterford were the better team against us at the cross, but judging teams on just their 1 performance against us is silly.

Its funny to see the revisionism from some posters this year though,where last years Seani team are suddenly amazing. This time last year, every team we played came on here afterwards saying we weren't that good, rovers fans included. Pretty similar to this year's comments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    In my opinion, neither Dundalk or Cork are as good as they were last year. They are both rebuilding their sides having lost key players.

Cork won the title on the back of a player who started for the national team within a year of leaving them. How often does a talent like that come from the league?

The difference between the rebuilding at Dundalk and Cork is that I can see Dundalk getting significantly better as the season progresses.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

Pot kettle black

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    In my opinion, neither Dundalk or Cork are as good as they were last year. They are both rebuilding their sides having lost key players.

Cork won the title on the back of a player who started for the national team within a year of leaving them. How often does a talent like that come from the league?

The difference between the rebuilding at Dundalk and Cork is that I can see Dundalk getting significantly better as the season progresses.
    The difference from your perspective, of course. From ours, we'd see our own situation similarly. McLoughlin has come in at the back as a young lad, and been outstanding since he did. Our starting right backs have been injured and Benno hasn't played yet. As I said, defense is a concern, without a doubt. But JC's teams have always been solid defensively, and I expect him to sort it out and for us to improve significantly there.

I think we've the best central mid in the league and I'm not concerned by our ability to score. We've got more than enough talent up front. Also, I absolutely love Barry McNamee. We've got a star there, which is brilliant considering how we signed him!

We were never going to match last years start, and I doubt that was anyone's expectation, but I do expect us to be pushing to retain the league, something we've never done.

All in all, it makes for an interesting year ahead. I genuinely don't see Rovers or Waterford being serious title contenders this year, purely on the back of what we've seen so far. But who knows, it has to happen sometime! The dundalk City thing can't last forever.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Third loss from 8 games for Rovers. 0 wins from 4 games against the rest of the top four (City, Dundalk and Waterford) and their Derby with Bohs. I didn't see tonights game as I was at the Cross for the MSC final and I missed the City - Dundalk game as I was out of the country. I've seen Rovers twice and Waterford once. Waterford looked the better team to me in that game.
    Thats funny because Waterford fans that have seen Rovers, Dundalk and Cork are saying Rovers are the best of the 3, and thats with 10 men for 80 minutes and a centre mid in left back for 45 minutes

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    I watched the game back this morning. I thought Rovers were absolutely crap, especially first half. They’ll go no where with Bradley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Thats funny because Waterford fans that have seen Rovers, Dundalk and Cork are saying Rovers are the best of the 3, and thats with 10 men for 80 minutes and a centre mid in left back for 45 minutes
    Judging teams on one game against you is inherently flawed, but very common on here. Anyone judging us on our game vs Dundalk would think we should be relegation candidates, not top of the league. There's also recency bias, I ****ing hate that club bias, and more.

We'll have a decent idea at the end of the first series where teams actually stand.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Judging teams on one game against you is inherently flawed, but very common on here. Anyone judging us on our game vs Dundalk would think we should be relegation candidates, not top of the league. There's also recency bias, I ****ing hate that club bias, and more.

We'll have a decent idea at the end of the first series where teams actually stand.
    I know, thats what I was pointing out about el'p's post. I'd honestly say I won't judge any team until the end of series two, home and away can be a huge decider in some games, this season especially.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I know, thats what I was pointing out about el'p's post. I'd honestly say I won't judge any team until the end of series two, home and away can be a huge decider in some games, this season especially.
    In reality though, by the end of series 2 some teams will be well out of it, whatever the head to heads show. But yeah, it should be fairly clear by then who's in it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Don't be alarmed everyone but Athlone are winning a game. 1-0 Athlone vs Longford in the first minute Rory McCullough with the goal

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Don't be alarmed everyone but Athlone are winning a game. 1-0 Athlone vs Longford in the first minute Rory McCullough with the goal
    They are now losing 3-1. Dundalk also 1 up in sligo.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    5-1 now.

Is Kilkenny's record under threat?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast