Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures Fri 23rd March thru Monday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    And thats a booking? But the exact same tackle by Keegan in the first half isn't? Jesus Christ just going to be one of those nights

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    And thats a booking? But the exact same tackle by Keegan in the first half isn't? Jesus Christ just going to be one of those nights
    It's an anti-hoops conspiracy.

Glen Cronin saying Rovers are clearly the better team. The propaganda battles have started early

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Based on the football played the scoreline was probably right but i felt a draw wouldn't have been undeserved. We shot ourselves in the foot twice and the ref didn't help us to say the least. Waterford will be a difficult place for any team to go and get points this season i feel, especially if they can keep the attendances up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Drogs 2-2 Galway

Great result for us - 0-2 at Half time and got equalizer 2-2 when down to ten men in 2nd half.

The two goals conceded where very soft but they did come after our fullback got concussed but remained on till half time - can’t help but feel this was a factor.

We needed tonight to see our real level and we are looking decent. Galway were well organised and i’d say they are fav for top spot.

Good fight in our side - and fair play to the Galway supporters that travelled over .

Micheal D there too - fair play
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Based on the football played the scoreline was probably right but i felt a draw wouldn't have been undeserved. We shot ourselves in the foot twice and the ref didn't help us to say the least. Waterford will be a difficult place for any team to go and get points this season i feel, especially if they can keep the attendances up
    Thought the team battled well and played some decent football After going a man down. Have to beat Sligo next week and that won't have been a bad first round. Push on.1

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Cabo have some nutty fans. "Grow a conscience" was one of the stranger ones shouted at the ref. And of course every decision was outrageously biased against them, even if it was correct.

They're also not great bar from corners; handy enough win for us in the end. Top of the league!

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Grow a conscience 🤔😂 very refined indeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Harps crushed Wexford 1-0

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Grow a conscience 🤔😂 very refined indeed
    And they really heartfeltedly meant it too.

Whatever it meant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Pats made hard work of it against Limerick tonight, but, valuable 3 points all the same, so take it and move onwards. Owen Garvan on the bench tonight, which was strange, unless he wasn't 100%.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Third loss from 8 games for Rovers. 0 wins from 4 games against the rest of the top four (City, Dundalk and Waterford) and their Derby with Bohs. I didn't see tonights game as I was at the Cross for the MSC final and I missed the City - Dundalk game as I was out of the country. I've seen Rovers twice and Waterford once. Waterford looked the better team to me in that game.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rovers jeez head wreckin they are really starting to play some decent football but i think we are sponsored by the NRA as we keep shootin ourselves in both feet and why the fcuk can we not get a decent keeper arrrrrrrgggggh great away support there tonight. Met some sound Waterford fans too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Your entitled to your opinion EL P. I don't think cork are a patch on last year's league winners Sean Maguire Fc 8 points behind last year already. The dundalk lads must be feeling confident.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Your entitled to your opinion EL P. I don't think cork are a patch on last year's league winners Sean Maguire Fc 8 points behind last year already. The dundalk lads must be feeling confident.
    Dundalk might be confident. Rovers are already out of the race as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Well in fairness you are known for your objective assessment so I'll bow to your wisdom. Good luck with the 1 in a row for cork city fc

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Despite being given a helping hand by yet another catastrophic refereeing performance, It was Rovers and not waterford who looked and played like they had the extra man.
    great commitment from all who played in the Hoops, apart from that gob$hite in goal

Rovers wont be at the business end of any success this season with a defence like that.

Shame on waterford for blackening their own name by employing known sexual predators
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Seeing some waterford fans giving out about rovers fans having a banner having a go at them for supporting a rapist. I mean it's just stating a fact lads, calm down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    I don’t think it’s entirely fair to blame the ref, even in the clip in the link. In my view it shows how it was an idiotic move by Gilchirst especially when he was on a yellow so early on. No attempt to get the ball, I completely understand the refs decision, I think it’s harsh to abuse him. Second yellow was soft but a bookabke offence in fairness, but people have to remember the ref only has that spilt second to see it live. How many reds have Rovers not got under Bradley? It seems to the thing his teams are most consistent at - and that isn’t a dig.

https://twitter.com/soccrepublic/sta...681949696?s=21

On another note huge win, dreamland stuff especially considering the future was bleak and the B side were beating us easily not so long ago infront 2/300. On cloud 9
    Last edited by sulywaterfordfc; 24/03/2018 at 12:57 AM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Interesting that Brian Kerr thinks the ref has no option but to give a second yellow and send off the Rovers player.
    Interesting that Brian Kerr feels a decision that goes against Rovers is correct

In all seriousness, Gilchrist's first yellow was a terrible challenge so can't blame him for not being lenient on the second. As an isolated incident it was harsh, but stupid from the player to give him the decision to make. Though we played well considering we had 10 men for 80 minutes. Waterford look good - they'll challenge for the top four this year.

22. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Seeing some waterford fans giving out about rovers fans having a banner having a go at them for supporting a rapist. I mean it's just stating a fact lads, calm down.
    Gaurds weren't happy with it either, straight into the stand and grabbed it. I see Rovers fans also getting the blame for causing trouble eventhough it was waterford fans trying to get into the away end and a waterford fan that got thrown out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast