Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 9th - 12th March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Agree with above. If dundalk could finish they'd save had 6. We won't play that badly again, it was a comedy of errors the whole time. Badly missed Benno and McCormack when he went off. Big game now Monday against a flying rovers team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    We are operating on the 4th highest budget. Cork rovers and waterford are higher ;p
    Very true, the players are bag packing in Tesco tomorrow. Give them your support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    McCormack.

Brilliant player.

Chip on the shoulder or some other grievance he personally holds against Dundalk renders him null and void when it comes to playing against us,i dunno?(4 sending offs against us and even more yellow cards offences?)
    Made an ar$e of himself tonight before being hauled off after 15 minutes. and him the skipper for the night.

If we can sharpen up in front of goal then we'll win the league.
    Back 4 and gk excellent for us tonight.Hard to fault any tbh.Dan Cleary again 10/10.
    Midfield - 9/10 - Duffy always wanting to score.Some pace on him.
    Forwards - Hoban makes life awkward for df's.He was guilty of a few misses but i think he'll be sharper soon.Murray- a right pain for the Cork MF and df's.Terrific player.

Good match.

Enjoyed the game
    Enjoyed the victory 10x as much.

Mon the town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    City poor tonight. Very naive performance. We need to get wise to the dark arts as Dundalk so expertly executed tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    McCormack.

Brilliant player.

Chip on the shoulder or some other grievance he personally holds against Dundalk renders him null and void when it comes to playing against us,i dunno?(4 sending offs against us and even more yellow cards offences?)
    Made an ar$e of himself tonight before being hauled off after 15 minutes. and him the skipper for the night.
    I've never got the impression he has a grudge against us. He just seems hyper motivated against Dundalk.

Some days it works for him. Tonight it didn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Disappointing to hear glasses and bottles were thrown a the away fans while they were being held back after the game. If the Gardaí are going to insist on holding people back, they need to keep them safe. Our family enclosure have said they'll no longer be running buses to oriel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Shameful behaviour if these reports are true. I hope these louts are identified and appropriate action is taken.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    However what has me scratching my head is why Shamrock Rovers didn't sign up Daniel Cleary. This lad will be the best centre half in the league, by a mile.
    I'd say the budget impact to improvement ratio just wasn't worth it at the end of the day, we've already got Grace whos in my opinion the best centre back in the league, Gilchrist who's been great bar a few communication issues, Lopez who was brilliant with grace last season. Thats 3 very good centre backs to have with the likes of Bone, Byrne, O'Brien (probably) who can fill in there in a jam it's not a position we really needed to spend big to get someone in there. We effectively got Kavanagh instead and I'm very happy with that all things considered.
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 09/03/2018 at 11:35 PM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    City poor tonight. Very naive performance. We need to get wise to the dark arts as Dundalk so expertly executed tonight.
    Is a little grace in defeat possible?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    However what has me scratching my head is why Shamrock Rovers didn't sign up Daniel Cleary. This lad will be the best centre half in the league, by a mile.
    We tried to sign him but he ended up signing for another team for some reason.

Good show from Rovers tonight. The sloppy goal was annoying and Derry created plenty first half, but that's a game that we'd have lost 1-0 last year. Kavanagh is class and Burke is starting to motor. Still concerned about Horgan and Boyle - hopefully the latter will come good at least.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Had to laugh at Beattie accusing Benson of diving tonight because a) it was a clear foul and b) he's Steven Beattie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I've never got the impression he has a grudge against us. He just seems hyper motivated against Dundalk.

Some days it works for him. Tonight it didn't.
    LOL

smh
    He's a wee precious snowflake

This is football we;re talking about.

Glad for him anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Thats rich. Try asking St Stephen Kenny. He might issue a statement for you.
    Christ on a bike.
    Whats rich?What has this to do with Stephen Kenny?Make fcuking sense or pish off the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Christ on a bike.
    Whats rich?What has this to do with Stephen Kenny?Make fcuking sense or pish off the ball.
    Apologies. I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Is a little grace in defeat possible?
    I will edit above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Tried to edit and post gets deleted. This site is crap. No wonder its in the toilet.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Great to get a resounding win against one of our bogey sides. Might shut shield up for awhile. Hopefully the sane next week against pats, another bogey side for us.
    Cleary wanted a summer get out clause in his contract to go back to uk,Rovers said no thanks and off he went to Dundalk. We have Grace, so he's not missed tbh.
    What a steal we got from Derry getting Kavanagh, he's looks the business..
    A draw on Monday will do fine now, but if we can keep the ball away from the Horgan disaster area we might even win!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Ya, we wuz robbed alright, but Cork or Limerick didn't Rob us, that said Waterford had 3 on target, scored 2, the keeper was glacial for the second maybe he was unsighted, but I would put it down to a lack of concentration as he spent the second half picking his nose so little did he of Waterford who must surely be flattered by their position.
    I’d consider play ‘bad’ and winning a good thing, wouldn’t you? It’s by no means a fluke we’re tied top and Sligo and near the bottom and we then beat Sligo. We deservedly beat Pats and Derry prior to the fixture. You talk about how many shots a team has had on target, that is irrelevant if they don’t go in the goal. The only thing matters is the number that go into the net. Nonetheless 9/12 points and only lost to last years league winners certainly no way we could complain, great start to the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Tried to edit and post gets deleted. This site is crap. No wonder its in the toilet.
    Blasphemy!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Comfortable win in the end by Dundalk, but should really have won that by more. Good work all over the park and midfield did very well after losing it for a bit to finish strong, including Benson with his dreadful penalty miss.

Tremendous defensive display by Dundalk with Cleary leading the way, he is looking very much like Boyle already, enjoyed that 'didn't sign for rovers as wanted a get out UK clause. Hoare in a somewhat surprise selection beside him looked very smooth.

Cork are a decent side and Sadlier is without doubt their best player, he is excellent to watch but he was restricted to long shots last night. Looking back on chances, Cork had that opportunity from McNamee but that was as close as they got, Dundalk should have won it by more.

I never understood why they made McCormack captain, Bennett or Buckley surely? he is good at what he does, breaking up the play but he is limited, and being taken off after 20 mins or so summed up his night. Dreadful mistake by McNulty, then again, couldn't have happened to a nicer fella.

Solid start by Dundalk now, unbeaten and no goals conceded and still not hitting top form yet.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Is it not slightly - humbling, maybe - that a player last seen not getting his game at a relegation-threatened Conference team can make such an immediate impact in the LoI?

Anyways, not a great game in the Bowl last night. One of Limerick/Bray will still be in the Premier next season on last night's showing I think.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast