Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Under-15 Squad

  1. #1
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    822
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    464
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

    Under-15 Squad

    http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irela...rus-friendlies . Nice to see Graham s lad in the squad. The Barry lad and Riley has been with brits 15s . Surprised we didn't have delaps boy called up.

  2. #2
    Seasoned Pro Kingdom's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Teeing off
    Posts
    4,048
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,981
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    597
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irela...rus-friendlies . Nice to see Graham s lad in the squad. The Barry lad and Riley has been with brits 15s . Surprised we didn't have delaps boy called up.
    Who do you mean by "Graham" liamoo?
    That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age

  3. #3
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,200
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,831
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,927
    Thanked in
    1,875 Posts
    Graham Kavanagh I assume, if the Calum chap up front is his son?

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #4
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    822
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    464
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Who do you mean by "Graham" liamoo?
    yes Graham kavanagh s lad. Considering Rory delaps son is with this age group for the brits would have been nice to see 2 sons of ex internationals play together for us

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #5
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,200
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,831
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,927
    Thanked in
    1,875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Considering Rory delaps son is with this age group for the brits would have been nice to see 2 sons of ex internationals play together for us
    Came across these player profiles from Mickleover Country Park F.C. (a grassroots club in Derby). Two of their players rate Liam Delap as the best they have played against-

    http://www.mickleovercountryparkfc.c.../players/47067
    http://www.mickleovercountryparkfc.c.../players/47039

    He started that friendly for England recently.


  8. #6
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    822
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    464
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irela...-defeat-cyprus . The goals from today's game the second one looks like a cracker

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #7
    Seasoned Pro joe_denilson's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,389
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    260
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,173
    Thanked in
    658 Posts
    http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irela...republic-games

    Republic of Ireland U15 Squad
    Goalkeepers: Daniel Rose (Everton), Darragh Burke (Cork City), Patrick McGarvey (Finn Harps)
    Defenders: Anselmo Garcia Mac-Nulty (Real Betis), Fionnan Coyle (Finn Harps), Gavin O’Brien (Bohemians), Len O’Sullivan (Bohemians), Oisin Hand (Shamrock Rovers), Ronan Kilkenny (Bohemians)
    Midfielders: Bosun Lawal (Bohemians), Colin Conroy (Bohemians), Fionn Mooney (Crystal Palace), Kailin Barlow (Sligo Rovers), Kyle Conway (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Sami Clarke (Shamrock Rovers)
    Forwards: Ben McCormack (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Billy Vance (Bray Wanderers), Calum Kavanagh (Middlesbrough), Oran Crowe (Cork City)
    Ireland U15 Fixtures
    April 3: Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic, FAI National Training Centre, 18:00
    April 5: Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic, St Kevin’s Boys, Shanowen Road, 13:00

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #8
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    822
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    464
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irela...republic-games

    Republic of Ireland U15 Squad
    Goalkeepers: Daniel Rose (Everton), Darragh Burke (Cork City), Patrick McGarvey (Finn Harps)
    Defenders: Anselmo Garcia Mac-Nulty (Real Betis), Fionnan Coyle (Finn Harps), Gavin O’Brien (Bohemians), Len O’Sullivan (Bohemians), Oisin Hand (Shamrock Rovers), Ronan Kilkenny (Bohemians)
    Midfielders: Bosun Lawal (Bohemians), Colin Conroy (Bohemians), Fionn Mooney (Crystal Palace), Kailin Barlow (Sligo Rovers), Kyle Conway (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Sami Clarke (Shamrock Rovers)
    Forwards: Ben McCormack (St. Patrick’s Athletic), Billy Vance (Bray Wanderers), Calum Kavanagh (Middlesbrough), Oran Crowe (Cork City)
    Ireland U15 Fixtures
    April 3: Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic, FAI National Training Centre, 18:00
    April 5: Republic of Ireland v Czech Republic, St Kevin’s Boys, Shanowen Road, 13:00
    The Mooney lad has been with brits at this level. The order 2 lads who were in last time who played with brits not in this. Still no delap!

  13. #9
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,262
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    921
    Thanked in
    617 Posts
    With the first name Fionn you would imagine he's very close to his Irish roots and surely only a generation away from birth here ( if even). Who were the other two lads?

  14. #10
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    822
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    464
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    With the first name Fionn you would imagine he's very close to his Irish roots and surely only a generation away from birth here ( if even). Who were the other two lads?
    A Riley from man city and Barry from wba. There is an o shaughnessy from burnley in this age group for brits as well surely he will show up in our squad soon!

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #11
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,060
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,738
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,748
    Thanked in
    2,136 Posts
    2-2 vs Czech Republic. Video of nice solo goal by Sami Clarke available on Shamrock Rovers' Twitter account.

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #12
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    18,106
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    886
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,468
    Thanked in
    2,218 Posts
    Mullinger native Ayodeji Sotona was on Man United U16's recent trip to Hong Kong and scored twice against Hong Kong. Highlights on youtube below
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #13
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    822
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    464
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irel...hes-next-month. No sign of Josh Ireland from stoke unfortunately hopefully this crazy situation with Stephen isn't carrying over to his son. 2 British based players yet again showing that the crazy critisism that the fai don't identify Irish qualified players is nonsense

  21. #14
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,060
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,738
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,748
    Thanked in
    2,136 Posts
    Tom Fogarty is picked but not his brother John, who is probably more talented? That doesn't lend much Creedence to your talent identification claim.*

    I can't go, though I'd like to, but the London ROI Supporters Club is having a do in November and Mark O'Toole is the main guest. He's the FAI's man on the ground in the UK and was close to Jack Grealish. Though Liamo no doubt knows that!

    * bad 60s music joke. And before Geysir and Owls Fan complain, I know it's Fogerty, not Fogarty.

  22. #15
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    942
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    679
    Thanked in
    449 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I can't go, though I'd like to, but the London ROI Supporters Club is having a do in November and Mark O'Toole is the main guest.
    Where & when is this ?

  23. #16
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,922
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,715
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,061
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/irel...hes-next-month. No sign of Josh Ireland from stoke unfortunately hopefully this crazy situation with Stephen isn't carrying over to his son. 2 British based players yet again showing that the crazy critisism that the fai don't identify Irish qualified players is nonsense
    Seems to be a side comprising players who haven't been called up before? So the players from the Czech games a couple of months ago aren't included.

  24. #17
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    822
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    464
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Seems to be a side comprising players who haven't been called up before? So the players from the Czech games a couple of months ago aren't included.
    Ah Charles dosen't time fly that was last seasons 15s! They grow up so fast!

  25. Thanks From:


  26. #18
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,262
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    921
    Thanked in
    617 Posts
    Maybe I'm unfairly tarring young Ireland but I would risk guessing two things 1) his identity doesn't matter a toss to him and 2) he won't make it as a pro anyway, hunger and mentality stranded his papa too

  27. #19
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,060
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,738
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,748
    Thanked in
    2,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Where & when is this ?
    Claddagh Ring Pub, Hendon. 9th of November I think. Let me confirm...

  28. #20
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    822
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    464
    Thanked in
    311 Posts
    Young Ireland scored 2 for the England 15s today according to this http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/eng...017956/page-52

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Squad 09
    By gufc2000 in forum Waterford FC
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05/07/2009, 12:00 PM
  2. Scotland Squad V Irish Squad
    By NeilMcD in forum Ireland
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03/09/2007, 1:01 AM
  3. Squad
    By Seanie in forum Ireland
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15/05/2003, 12:13 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11/04/2002, 3:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •