Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shelbourne Proposed Takeover

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    The best of luck to Dave O'Connor in all his endeavors.

When I see the word "CEO" in league of Ireland football though I just always end up thinking to myself "There's the price of two good players walking around in a suit doing nothing that a few volunteers on a committee couldn't do."

As for the marketing executive

Sign a few players and get promoted ffs!
    Because no LOI club has tried the whole 'spunk all your money on players' thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    This is something I've thought about before too. Irishtown Stadium would be an ideal base for Shelbourne surely? Loads of space there to build a decent 4,000-5,000 capacity stadium and other groups there to work with already to build a community stadium.
    I usually park in Ringsend for Ireland games. It's handy as my seat is on that side of the ground and i come through the port tunnel.

I've often thought while walking Seam Moore Rd that the site of the old Irish Glass Bottle Company factory would be a smashing place for a small stadium and/or large indoor arena which Dublin also badly needs, for those events that need a capacity beyond the 13,000 who can fit into The Point.

Having both facilities on the same site would mean only having to build 1 car park and only having to make infrastructure changes in one area, while returning Shels to their spiritual home and making them the default team for the whole south side. It sounds like a win-win for football and the city.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    I usually park in Ringsend for Ireland games. It's handy as my seat is on that side of the ground and i come through the port tunnel.

I've often thought while walking Seam Moore Rd that the site of the old Irish Glass Bottle Company factory would be a smashing place for a small stadium and/or large indoor arena which Dublin also badly needs, for those events that need a capacity beyond the 13,000 who can fit into The Point.

Having both facilities on the same site would mean only having to build 1 car park and only having to make infrastructure changes in one area, while returning Shels to their spiritual home and making them the default team for the whole south side. It sounds like a win-win for football and the city.
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    what about Harolds Cross for Shels? what sort of feedback was there when Shels were based there for years? It could be their Brandywell!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    what about Harolds Cross for Shels? what sort of feedback was there when Shels were based there for years? It could be their Brandywell!
    Getting turned into flats I think there is no greyhound racing going on down there now.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    This is something I've thought about before too. Irishtown Stadium would be an ideal base for Shelbourne surely? Loads of space there to build a decent 4,000-5,000 capacity stadium and other groups there to work with already to build a community stadium.
    Residents would never let anything happen in Irishtown. The only thing that will ever go down there is more houses.

Shels need to be on the northside at this stage. There's already Rovers, Pats, UCD and Cabinteely on the southside. Anybody who wants to go to football is already going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12