Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures - 23rd to 27th February 2018

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    8-0 is obviously atrocious, but I wouldn't think a single Limerick fan or anybody associated with the club expected anything other than a defeat. Even if we get easily beaten by Rovers, which is likely, I don't think he'd be sacked so soon.

Very different from Russell in that Russell had the spine of his team from the season before, had the whole pre-season to prepare, and more money at his disposal too, by all accounts.

I think the perception was that Russell wasn't getting (and wouldn't ever get) the best out of his squad, but in this case, the squad simply isn't good enough at all, and has no depth whatsoever.
    Thats the impression I got as well. It puts our result against you in context and not in a good way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    I’d say it’s close to being Dundalk’s biggest home win in the PD (since 85/86). In Kennys time we beat Drogs 7-0 and Bray 8-1 both at home in league games and Finn Harps 7-0 away.

Limerick seemed to play with a very odd formation of absolutely no one in the centre of midfield and almost waiting for Dundalk to attack at every opportunity.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Calamity of a result and there will be more nights like it. But if they keep getting points against Bohs or Sligo, or Bray down the line, it won't matter.

Barrett is there for the season. Who would they replace him with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Limerick were woeful tonight and 8 nil flattered them, it could easily have been double figures with the amount of shots we had on target.
    It was great to get a win and an emphatic one at that. There’s still a lot of gelling together for the team but I thought Cleary at the back was very good again. Brian Gartland will struggle to get back in the team. I’m looking forward to seeing Chvedukas more when he gets fully match fit. I think he is going to be crucial in our midfield this season.
    The only sour point was Kenny and Hoban having a row on the bench after Hoban was substituted.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    8-0 is clearly awful but as soon as I saw the line up I wasn’t too bothered. There was a big difference in the team that lined out against Sligo/Bohs and Dundalk. No comparison can really be made.

We rested our starting centre back and starting centre forward. We were missing one of our starting midfielders in Cian Coleman (think he got man if the match in the first two games) as well as Kearns who has been playing very well for us. We don’t have the depth to handle losing or changing that many players but I wouldn’t jump from we will be safe to we are goosed.

We picked up 4 points in two games against the teams that will be around us and will most likely focus a lot of our attention on our home games and the games against the teams near us in the league.

We didn’t sign Hery because we couldn’t afford to keep him and we didn’t sign Tosi because he has left the country. Mark O Sullivan was excellent in our first two games also so not too bothered there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There is losing and there is losing 8-0! I expected no points from last night but that performance and scoreline is embarrassing. Even the team that went 21 games before a win never lost 8-0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Kenny Shiels with a bitter interview about last nights match in Dalymount.Eh Kenny, it was a smash and grab win, enjoy the moment?

Bohs dominated but Derry had three good chances on the break and scored from a set piece..
    Bohs had a stack of chances and a missed penalty,played some decent football at times, particularly from the young left back Leahy.
    Badly missed Corcoran.
    Derry a shadow of last years side, won't be challenging Cork or Dundalk , they look more streetwise/ resilient than Rovers though, but early days.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Good manager, awful human being.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Kenny Shiels with a bitter interview about last nights match in Dalymount.Eh Kenny, it was a smash and grab win, enjoy the moment?

Bohs dominated but Derry had three good chances on the break and scored from a set piece..
    Bohs had a stack of chances and a missed penalty,played some decent football at times, particularly from the young left back Leahy.
    Badly missed Corcoran.
    Derry a shadow of last years side, won't be challenging Cork or Dundalk , they look more streetwise/ resilient than Rovers though, but early days.
    Phibsboros donkey pi$$ artisinal unhipster ale don't do irony, but if they did...
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I think we'll see the postponement of most matches in the LOI this Friday and Saturday.
    As bad as it today,warnings are that Thursday will be the worst.I cant see any games going ahead.
    Summer football etc....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Market's Field View Post
    There is losing and there is losing 8-0! I expected no points from last night but that performance and scoreline is embarrassing. Even the team that went 21 games before a win never lost 8-0
    They also had 6 points after 21 games, we now have 4 points after 3 games. The scoreline is embarrassing but 1 0 or 8 0 makes no difference to us. Even Saturday's home fixture against Rovers is one where we are going to struggle. It's the Bray game on Friday week that is important.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Market's Field View Post
    Any more defeats like that could see Limerick plummet.
    It's not the defeat it's the manner of it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Phibsboros donkey pi$$ artisinal unhipster ale don't do irony, but if they did...
    Nearly choked on my avocado toast reading that.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoScifo10 View Post
    They also had 6 points after 21 games, we now have 4 points after 3 games. The scoreline is embarrassing but 1 0 or 8 0 makes no difference to us. Even Saturday's home fixture against Rovers is one where we are going to struggle. It's the Bray game on Friday week that is important.
    We have to be mindful of perception though. If they lost 3-0 and played badly no one would bat an eyelid. A thumping like that shines a negative light on the team - from the press, from potential support, sponsorship, what have you. And the humiliation can sink into the squad at large in a bad way.

I'm noticing this narrative popping in a few places of "Neil McDonald ditched all of Limerick's best players, then left". That man is not who I would put front and centre in the parade of people responsible for Limerick's problems.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Nearly choked on my avocado toast reading that.
    Sourdough toast I hope.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I think we'll see the postponement of most matches in the LOI this Friday and Saturday.
    As bad as it today,warnings are that Thursday will be the worst.I cant see any games going ahead.
    Summer football etc....
    Friday is going to bad too, I'll be shocked if any go ahead on Friday, the two matches on Saturday may be ok

They kicked the season off earlier mid-February instead of finishing the season later in Mid-November exactly because of weather events like this. Early season games are very easy to re-schedule with alot less headaches in terms of title/relegation/play-off implications.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    8-0 is clearly awful but as soon as I saw the line up I wasn’t too bothered. There was a big difference in the team that lined out against Sligo/Bohs and Dundalk. No comparison can really be made.

We rested our starting centre back and starting centre forward. We were missing one of our starting midfielders in Cian Coleman (think he got man if the match in the first two games) as well as Kearns who has been playing very well for us. We don’t have the depth to handle losing or changing that many players but I wouldn’t jump from we will be safe to we are goosed.

We picked up 4 points in two games against the teams that will be around us and will most likely focus a lot of our attention on our home games and the games against the teams near us in the league.

We didn’t sign Hery because we couldn’t afford to keep him and we didn’t sign Tosi because he has left the country. Mark O Sullivan was excellent in our first two games also so not too bothered there.
    Ye couldn`t afford Hery? Can ye afford to go back to the first division???? these players aren`t on crazy money ffs.
    Didn`t sign Tosi cos he left the country? He left the country cos ye didn`t tie him down or convince him enough to stay. Simple.

Ye don`t mind losing 8-0 after you saw the lineups that says enough really. i`ve never seen a fan say that even league 2 team vs premier team in FA cup
    There are serious issues at limerick & the 2 wins to kick off the season won`t save ye unfortunately (i say unfortunately as i actually like your club and the fans have been beyond outstanding on numerous occasions, not only last night but i recall them singing non stop to 90 mins in the home cup final 2 years ago despite wilting very badly in the 2nd half and being hammered in the last 25 mins when it would be easy to turn )

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

19. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    that limerick battering reminds me so much of the battering we got from Cork the night I was in Turners Cross two long years ago now!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    that limerick battering reminds me so much of the battering we got from Cork the night I was in Turners Cross two long years ago now!
    6-0 was it? Beattie got a hat trick if I remember correctly

22. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast