Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Republic 18/2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Joanne Cantwell with a rotation of Kerr, Cawley, Sadlier, Duff and Devine and I'd be happy enough to watch it. Watched about ten minutes of it on Monday, the commentary on Dundalk was just beyond terrible.

I'd prefer to see live commentators actually there watching the matches, with commentary being broadcast over the league website and recorded for use on Soccer Republic.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Cummins hearing was today. No additional ban on top of the automatic ban on Friday. Such an utterly ridiculous system. He missed most of last Friday, and will now miss his first home game, for an officials mistake, which no avenue to overturn it. Stupid.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Cummins hearing was today. No additional ban on top of the automatic ban on Friday. Such an utterly ridiculous system. He missed most of last Friday, and will now miss his first home game, for an officials mistake, which no avenue to overturn it. Stupid.
    The fact that there is no further suspension speaks volumes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    The fact that there is no further suspension speaks volumes.
    For me, that says if shouldn't have been a red, hands down. If it was a deserved red, then it's a red for violent conduct and an additional suspension is a must.

In this case, obviously they felt there was no violent conduct and so it shouldn't have been a red. But they allow no avenue to actually rescind the red, and allow him to play Friday. I'm sure they're happy sending out the fine for the red card too. Ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Richie Sadlier & Paul Corry doing the punditry on next weeks show according to a few on twotter.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Richie Sadlier
    I have less and less patience for Sadlier. He seems to have realised the Dunphy model of saying stuff just to be controversial can get you a career in broadcasting.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    I have less and less patience for Sadlier. He seems to have realised the Dunphy model of saying stuff just to be controversial can get you a career in broadcasting.
    gone very morose , doesn't seem bothered about the league anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    He seems to have realised the Dunphy model of saying stuff just to be controversial can get you a career in broadcasting.
    He has always been that way inclined as a pundit and seemed like he was grooming himself as a contrary type or as Dunphy would claim that its calling a spade a spade. I think Sadlier is a good pundit in general and he doesnt shirk challinging the likes of Dunphy himself; but when doing his league of Ireland stuff on SR he can come across as quite patronising at times as he must see himself as the senior panelist (Kerr does it too so maybe its a St Pats thing)

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    For me, that says if shouldn't have been a red, hands down.
    Given that the one-game suspension stands regardless I don't think you can read that into it. Could just as easily have decided it was reckless and a red but a one-game ban will suffice. We don't have an automatic three-game ban for violent conduct like they do in England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Its daft that there isnt a UEFA wide standardisation of this part of the rule book. It would make the FAI make some sensible changes to the disciplinary system at least. Considering that a domestic league allows access to UEFA competition you'd think that rules governing suspensions, rescinding cards, appeals etc would be a set part of UEFA regulations. That said it shouldnt take UEFA or anyone else to ensure some common sense on some things. If a player is red carded and say its mistaken identity can that card be appealed or rescinded here?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Its daft that there isnt a UEFA wide standardisation of this part of the rule book. It would make the FAI make some sensible changes to the disciplinary system at least. Considering that a domestic league allows access to UEFA competition you'd think that rules governing suspensions, rescinding cards, appeals etc would be a set part of UEFA regulations. That said it shouldnt take UEFA or anyone else to ensure some common sense on some things. If a player is red carded and say its mistaken identity can that card be appealed or rescinded here?
    Mistaken identity is the only defence I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Given that the one-game suspension stands regardless I don't think you can read that into it. Could just as easily have decided it was reckless and a red but a one-game ban will suffice. We don't have an automatic three-game ban for violent conduct like they do in England.
    Theres no option to appeal the original red. I'd be pretty confident if we could appeal it we would have been successful. You never see a straight red not get an additional game ban unless it wasn't actually a red in the first place. Similar to Alan Bennetts red in the League Cup semi last year that was so bad that Dave Webster had to get plastic surgery to repair the damage. Hes going to be in Cork tonight, I suspect he'll get an interesting welcome.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Possibly, but I doubt it. I've never seen a deserved straight red not get at least 1 game additional. There's usually only no additional when it's 2 yellows.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Yeah, that fake 'live commentary' is woeful. Tonight it was a woman, doing both the Sligo game and...was it the Bray game.

Commentators should never be asked to do that stuff, always sounds awful. I actually feel sorry for them, they must know it sounds awful.
    Last edited by osarusan; 26/02/2018 at 8:28 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    It's been woeful at least since the days of Statto on Eurosport, 20 years or so ago. You'd think they'd have learnt by now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Enjoyable show tonight, extra camera at Cork game added to the viewing experience. Good interaction between host and the pundits and the floodlight issue was handled really well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Is anyone watching the show on the RTÉ Player finding it very patchy or is just me

Download speed i'm getting here currently 760 kbps.

Had it casting on tv, but brought it back to the laptop screen to see if it would improve - it didn't.
    Also reloaded it,no improvement.

Is it me or them?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Is anyone watching the show on the RTÉ Player finding it very patchy or is just me

Had it casting on tv, but brought it back to the laptop screen to see if it would improve - it didn't.

Is it me or them?
    I'm watching it and it seems fine. I do sometimes get the problem you're describing with new stuff to the player so it might still be their end where the problem is.

On another note episode 1 seems to be down already? Thought shows were normally put up for a month or thereabouts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

Is it me or them?
    Had the same here, but that download speed could be your problem. That's less than a Megabit per second. On a 100Mb fibre line here and I found it near impossible to watch.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Credit where it's due, fair play to rte for uploading last nights goals to their socials.

On a down note though that faux live commentary is absolutely shocking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast