Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zachary Elbouzedi (M AIK b.1998)

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Hopefully he kicks on next season but from what I've seen of him he's not overly skillful or quick for a winger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Hopefully he kicks on next season but from what I've seen of him he's not overly skillful or quick for a winger
    Vilka kvaliteter tänker du på då?
    - Jag skulle säga att det är hans fart när han driver bollen. Jag tror att det är få spelare i allsvenskan som har den farten. Han är väldigt snabb utan boll också, men det är många spelare i allsvenskan. Just med bollen är han oerhört snabb och han utnyttjar den väl. Det är det första jag tänker på.
    https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsv...ar-den-farten/
    You can google translate the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidetherock View Post
    Looking at Swedens national squad, theres loads of Swedish league players making their international team, and they're probably half a step higher than ourselves atm.. so if Elbazoudi is able to play and excel there, theres no reason he shouldn't at least get a look in here.
    Sweden usually plays internationals in January with a domestic/ summer league based squad (cancelled for this January), and hence the high number of players in the league with caps. Few would have competitive caps - typically established international players finishing out their careers in Sweden.
    Last edited by ifk101; 30/12/2021 at 12:54 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    There was a viral video a few years ago, I think when he was playing for Waterford, where he showed insane pace running the pitch, think he finished it but he could have laid it to another player for an open goal.

As for skill, he’s got a bit about him. For the 21s group under Kenny - Connolly was clearly the most dangerous player used out wide, followed by Farrugia and Elbouzedi who both looked impressive at that level. The rest of Scully, Barrett, Mallon, Power etc etc didn’t really impress. Obviously Scully seems to have come on significantly since then.

For Elbouzedi, he’s maybe a little lightweight but you’ve always got to be cautious about bulking up as a winger and losing pace. He has that winger thing of, when it doesn’t click, looking a little brain dead and frustrating a lot but overall I rate him, I think he’s a guy where the more you see, the more he grows on you. he’ll need luck to have an international career but in some respects he’s not a million miles behind Ogbene, O’Dowda etc etc

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Don’t think this is the one I was talking about but 4 mins in (pace)

https://youtu.be/Zhf9Jt38YVE

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    As I say this I'm not sure if it sounds silly but giving him a run would be a good example to other lads as to the benefit of getting out and playing outside of England. There's an opportunity to find a league or a style that suits you better than League One. Would Ogbene fare better elsewhere?

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I think he’s got something about him that warrants a serious look in 2022.

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    As I say this I'm not sure if it sounds silly but giving him a run would be a good example to other lads as to the benefit of getting out and playing outside of England. There's an opportunity to find a league or a style that suits you better than League One. Would Ogbene fare better elsewhere?
    I don't see the point of that surely you get picked if your most suited to the role required regardless of who you play for.

Ogbene is fast strong and direct English league football would seem to me to suit him well, it certainly is not his technical ability that's going to bring him to a higher level in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    First goal of the season for Elbouzedi on Sunday in a 4-0 win for AIK in the Swedish Cup, see 1:05 below
    Takes a massive deflection
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Fwiw, I'd have Elbouzedi in any finalised Ireland squad now. I think he's a class act and is only going to get better. I think he's one of those players who will perform better with better players around him. He's quick, his touch is excellent, and he whips in beautiful crosses. He just needs to add goals. Hopefully the one above is a portent for the season to come.

He's absolutely worth giving the full game against Lithuania at the end of the month.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Fwiw, I'd have Elbouzedi in any finalised Ireland squad now. I think he's a class act and is only going to get better. I think he's one of those players who will perform better with better players around him. He's quick, his touch is excellent, and he whips in beautiful crosses. He just needs to add goals. Hopefully the one above is a portent for the season to come.

He's absolutely worth giving the full game against Lithuania at the end of the month.
    Id still like to see more of him this season before going that far. He only had a couple of assists last season and is not that far removed from hardly being able to get a game in L2. No harm in calling him up to squad to have a look at him in training but Im not sure Id have him near the team yet

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Agree, I wouldn’t quite be as hyperbolic. Playing in a pretty average league and appears to be doing ok, hardly tearing it up. Deserves a earnest chance this year for sure, but wouldn’t hang my hat on him being a future senior irish stalwart. But may make a telling contribution here and there, who knows

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Id still like to see more of him this season before going that far. He only had a couple of assists last season and is not that far removed from hardly being able to get a game in L2. No harm in calling him up to squad to have a look at him in training but Im not sure Id have him near the team yet
    Yeah he couldn't make the Bolton team a lot of the time in L2. Swedish league may not be great but its better preparation for the style of football you'll have to deal with at international level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    To be fair, style of football sometimes outperforms standard of football. Some players simply aren't suited to the rough and tumble of League One/League Two football and are better suited to a more technical league. Elbouzedi proving to be one of them.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    To be fair, style of football sometimes outperforms standard of football. Some players simply aren't suited to the rough and tumble of League One/League Two football and are better suited to a more technical league. Elbouzedi proving to be one of them.
    Maybe..... he still only had 2 assists last season. I'm not saying I dont think hes any good, I just think he needs to more to get a call up

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I've been to a few games in Sweden. It's fairly poor fare. To compare to what I've seen in English league football Barnet maybe 15 years ago.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    I've been to a few games in Sweden. It's fairly poor fare. To compare to what I've seen in English league football Barnet maybe 15 years ago.
    True - the standard is not great, the top division is beefed out with some tiny clubs, but he is with one of the traditional top clubs in Swedish football with an established professional infrastructure. I think where he is currently at is comparable to League One and we are currently picking players at that level ...

But he keeps doing well, he probably has a better chance of advancing to a higher ranked European league playing with AIK than in League One.
    Last edited by ifk101; 09/03/2022 at 7:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    We're picking Daryl Horgan, who isn't starting for Wigan, and who will never be anything more than a fringe player at best for us.
    For me the argument ends there. He's worthy of a call-up now, because let's be honest, we're not going to be doing too much experimenting in June.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    We're picking Daryl Horgan, who isn't starting for Wigan, and who will never be anything more than a fringe player at best for us.
    For me the argument ends there. He's worthy of a call-up now, because let's be honest, we're not going to be doing too much experimenting in June.
    Except I think we'll be replacing Horgan with Ebosele whos done more to justify a call up. As I said Im not against calling him up to have a look at him in training etc, but I think hes behind others in picking him in team

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Well you can't really criticise Horgan for not getting minutes at Wigan...

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Well you can't really criticise Horgan for not getting minutes at Wigan...
    I said Wycome in my head (so no idea why I wrote Wigan!), but in saying that I nearly caused a diplomatic incident here on Monday by misprouncing Czechia as Check-ia, to which everyone thought I was saying Checnia.

25. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast