Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: League of Ireland fixtures - Premier Division - 16th/17th Feb 2018

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    We were on top first 20 and last 20. Pat's dominated the rest and with a decent finished yed have scored 4. We were very lucky to come away with anything, let alone the win. But our lads showed great character to stick with it.

Ye're guys seemed to fade in the last 20,and Morrissey settled us. We looked fitter at that point despite being down to 10. Once we started pushing on and attacking again ye didn't offer much and looked tired.

Huge goal for us considering the other results last night. Can see Pat's doing well overall, but ye're defense was poor. We looked like scoring every time we got into ye're final third. Garvan was excellent.
    Yeah you definitely came back into it in the last 15/20 minutes we had dominated from the sending off until then. Two new bodies in the back 4 last night, so hopefully it was just teething problems and they'll settle in. Am reasonably optimistic after that performance overall. Hard to judge Cork on it, other than to say you showed great resilience to stay in the game with ten men, and then come away with the win. Agree with you on Garvan too. Looking like a super signing. What he lacks in mobility he makes up for in assurance on the ball and passing ability.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoScifo10 View Post
    Great start by Limerick who are currently 6th after tonight's results, not many thought we would be ahead of Sligo (L before S),Pats, Derry and Shams at this stage, could be the highlight of our season
    EnzoScifo10 has probably just exploded.

Sligo 0-1 Limerick.

The only way is up!

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Excellent result and performance from Limerick tonight, delighted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    So ... the league makes no sense right?! Limerick and Bray with solid results, Dundalk and Rovers with poor performances. Who knows whats going on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    So ... the league makes no sense right?! Limerick and Bray with solid results, Dundalk and Rovers with poor performances. Who knows whats going on
    #TheGreatestLeagueInTheWorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Great start for Waterford on our return to the top division. 2500 there despite the terrible weather which badly affected the pitch with the ball getting caught in water on the muddy pitch and players slipping. Derry weren't great and Waterford deserved the win with a super individual goal from Holohan and a great team goal finished by Dean O Halloran to win it. Hery was class in midfield. Kenny Shiels gave a typically sour interview after the game blaming the pitch, referee and Waterford's experience (even though it was our first Premier game for 10 years with a new squad) for the defeat.
    Shields done the same in Finn Park at the start of the season 2 years ago. Similar conditions and result.
    Derry will improve when the pitches improve.

On the Bohs/Rovers game. Thought it was a typical derby match, bit of nerves and few tasty tackles. Didn't mind watching it to be fair. Was delighted with the 11/4 odds PP had on Bohs to win too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Great start for Waterford on our return to the top division. 2500 there despite the terrible weather which badly affected the pitch with the ball getting caught in water on the muddy pitch and players slipping. Derry weren't great and Waterford deserved the win with a super individual goal from Holohan and a great team goal finished by Dean O Halloran to win it. Hery was class in midfield. Kenny Shiels gave a typically sour interview after the game blaming the pitch, referee and Waterford's experience (even though it was our first Premier game for 10 years with a new squad) for the defeat.
    Hard disagree with him on that point, may have been the club's first Premier game for a while but you have plenty of experienced players in your ranks- Kenny Browne, Dave Webster, Paul Keegan, Gavan Holohan, Izzy Akinade, Hery, Aborah. Looks more experienced than Derry's starting XI. Not taking away from what was a great start to the campaign for Waterford.

What can the RSC accomodate spectators wise now if full to capacity?

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I think it’s 3200 seats.

Probably scope to create pens for standing capacity behind goals but i don’t think we’ll need that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    I think it’s 3200 seats.

Probably scope to create pens for standing capacity behind goals but i don’t think we’ll need that.
    Just as well that a fans boycott is in place, otherwise you just couldn't accommodate the crowd.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Rovers got sucked into playing like bohs.
    ha ha , yeah it was Bohs fault. Bravo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    ha ha , yeah it was Bohs fault. Bravo
    Thanks for the reasoned debate, you've found your level
    Ha Ha lost to 10 men , see the way I got sucked into playing like you there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rovers got sucked into playing like bohs. Bad start but long league ahead. Great results for bray and cofk
    Well if you get sucked into how we play and we play like we did Friday, we can all stay at home this week

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I'm hoping for a game of football at least.
    Already feels like a big game for both sides which is ridiculous to be thinking like that after 1 match but last Friday was a shocker after a good preseason.
    You guys on 1 point or us on zero after two games will feel like a crises.......football its the hope that kills you.

I'd almost take a draw and build from there against Bray and Limerick.......he says not very confidently

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Already feels like a big game for both sides

Relegation 6 pointer
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Relegation 6 pointer

its a three way battle to avoid the drop , your goal difference could save you yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Shields done the same in Finn Park at the start of the season 2 years ago. Similar conditions and result.
    Derry will improve when the pitches improve.
    True, we will, but Friday still was still brutal.

The pitch was rubbish, patches of water all over it, but at least Waterford has the common sense to get the ball in the air a bit more. We seemed insistant on playing it out from back, which clearly wasn't the best idea in the conditions.
    I'll try not to read a lot into the game, but we were poor, with a shocking lack of creativity. That will need to change.

Waterford looked decent enough, I'd said they'll be more than confident of staying up this season. They deserved the win, no complaints from Derry fans after. As per Shiels's comments, they've plenty of experience in that squad. Maybe a bit too much experience, judging the amount of diving they were at, mind. Only one booking for it too, IIRC.

A side note, Paddy McClean wasn't on the pitch but was in the stand with us Derry fans, is he gone? Possibly to Sligo?
    Have you ever won the treble?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Thanks for the reasoned debate, you've found your level
    Ha Ha lost to 10 men , see the way I got sucked into playing like you there.
    I wasn't trying to debate it, I was laughing at it.

21. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Very poor from us on the opening night and sickening to lose a derby in that manner yet again. No nonsense about us being dragged into Bohs way of playing - there were two of us in it and nobody forced us not to use all the space on the pitch. The only time we really looked any use was the five minutes after the goal, although to be fair we looked comfortable until the equaliser went in (terrific header by the way). Horgan was dirt but I suspect having backed him for the opener Bradley will have to give him a few games. Really disappointing and means we've heaped all the pressure on ourselves with Dundalk up next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I agree we were equally culpable what I can't understand having watched us in pre season we can play good stuff how come we didn't put a foot on the ball and play......Would have loved to see Aaron Bolger come on , I don't think I've ever seen him hoof it. Anyway move on but like you day it's a big game on Friday now. I'm going to try to keep a bit of perspective the season won't be over if we or dundalk lose but it's going to feel like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    That didn't look to be a red card offence for Cummins v Pats, but I thought Bennett was very lucky not to get the same, I hit rewind twice last night on Soccer Rep, and I`m sure it shows him raising his hand and possibly pushing the ref slightly.

Pats keeper was dreadful for the 3rd goal from Cork, slipping, and on the same topic, Rovers new keeper didn't cover himself in glory either with his positioning for Bohs 3rd.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234