Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 podcasts

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts

2018 podcasts

Have to say it’s brilliant to see such a selection of top quality LOI podcasts this year.

Monday: SSE Airtricity League Podcast entitled the Greatest League in the World podcast hosted by Con Murphy and Conan Byrne.

Wed: Between the Stripes LOI podcast, Extratime sportscast, LOI weekly, 98fm/off the ball podcast

Not sure what night the likes of Pundit arena do theirs but great choice for fans there.

Might as well get My shameless plug in and say Between the Stripes LOI podcast returned with Season 2 last night and featured a guest from each Premier club, including the likes of Ger Lyttle; Dinny Corcoran, Rhys Gorman, Dessie Baker, Shaun Kelly and Gavan Holohan among others. It really was a fantastic show and you can catch it here - LISTEN - https://audioboom.com/posts/6675001-...vision-special
    SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES - https://goo.gl/8CweqF

Have I missed any? Add them below.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    LOI weekly with Dan McDonnell and Johnny Ward is fairly good, also extratime.ie have one but haven't listened to it so far.
    Newstalk used to have one with Stuey Byrne but it was only 20 minutes long and not the best as the hosts clearly had no interest in LOI

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Have to say it’s brilliant to see such a selection of top quality LOI podcasts this year.

Monday: SSE Airtricity League Podcast entitled the Greatest League in the World podcast hosted by Con Murphy and Conan Byrne.

Wed: Between the Stripes LOI podcast, Extratime sportscast, LOI weekly, 98fm/off the ball podcast

Not sure what night the likes of Pundit arena do theirs but great choice for fans there.

Might as well get My shameless plug in and say Between the Stripes LOI podcast returned with Season 2 last night and featured a guest from each Premier club, including the likes of Ger Lyttle; Dinny Corcoran, Rhys Gorman, Dessie Baker, Shaun Kelly and Gavan Holohan among others. It really was a fantastic show and you can catch it here - LISTEN - https://audioboom.com/posts/6675001-...vision-special
    SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES - https://goo.gl/8CweqF

Have I missed any? Add them below.
    Haven’t finished your podcast yet but at last count you had three “first guest”s! Otherwise so far so good.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I listened to the Longford podcast. Surprisingly good production quality and decent interviews for the most part. Don't see any reason to listen to it throughout the season but I might check it out from time to time.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    buzz have a sports podcast with Roddy Collins on it every week. its on soundcloud and iTunes. Mark McCadden sometimes presents it. I didn't know SSE Airtricity league website have a podcast. any link to it as I couldn't see it on their website?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Haven’t finished your podcast yet but at last count you had three “first guest”s! Otherwise so far so good.
    Haha yeah that was our only mistake, few guests didn’t answer when they were suppose to so had to shuffle the running order last minute. If that’s my only complaint each week I’ll be happy.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    buzz have a sports podcast with Roddy Collins on it every week. its on soundcloud and iTunes. Mark McCadden sometimes presents it. I didn't know SSE Airtricity league website have a podcast. any link to it as I couldn't see it on their website?
    Doesn’t start till Feb 18th.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    ah right makes sense. oh by the way 98 fm and off the ball have merged their league of Ireland podcasts now with Jamie moore as presenter and oisin langan as reporter! theres a small piece on Newstalks one tonight heard it last night on off the ball!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I listened to the Longford podcast. Surprisingly good production quality and decent interviews for the most part. Don't see any reason to listen to it throughout the season but I might check it out from time to time.
    Cheers El-Pietro, sound quality is something we struggled with when we first started out but some new equipment here and there has absolutely nailed it for the most part, you’re always in the hands of the Gods when it comes to internet connection for over the phone interviews but last night was spot on. Think the vast majority have got the message we are a LOI podcast and not a Longford podcast, although we do naturally focus on De Town from time to time and go into a little bit more detail on them. Thanks for listening tho

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Haha yeah that was our only mistake, few guests didn’t answer when they were suppose to so had to shuffle the running order last minute. If that’s my only complaint each week I’ll be happy.
    Ah yeah I can understand how it happens with so many people to speak to. Been listening to the podcast for the last while it’s been improving all the time and it passes the time on the journey into work.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    LOI Weekly is the only one I listened to regularly last season. Never got into the other ones.
    I'll try out the new Con Murphy podcast when it starts up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Cheers El-Pietro, sound quality is something we struggled with when we first started out but some new equipment here and there has absolutely nailed it for the most part, you’re always in the hands of the Gods when it comes to internet connection for over the phone interviews but last night was spot on. Think the vast majority have got the message we are a LOI podcast and not a Longford podcast, although we do naturally focus on De Town from time to time and go into a little bit more detail on them. Thanks for listening tho
    Do ye cover the LOI as a whole each week? I just assumed it was a Longford podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    This will be my first season listening to any of the LoI podcasts. Been meaning to listen to LoI Weekly for a while and enjoyed listening to it earlier today. I've been listening to The Guardian from across the pond for a good few years and one other one from across the water as well. I'll try and check out the Extra Time one and the Con Murphy one during the season. It's good to be spoilt for choice. The Monday one should fit in nicely as a review of the weekend just gone.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Tales from the east stand. Well worth a listen....mostly rovers but general as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Do ye cover the LOI as a whole each week? I just assumed it was a Longford podcast.
    We cover the LOI 100% top to bottom, in fact most people seem to agree we give the most balanced coverage in terms of time given to Premier/First Division. Hence why we entitled the podcast Between the Stripes LOI podcast and not just Between the Stripes Podcast. As Longfordian said above (and thanks for that Longfordian) it really has improved episode by episode, I thought last night was our best yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Tales from the east stand. Well worth a listen....mostly rovers but general as well
    They’d a wonderful episode last season where Pat Flynn was in studio sipping cans with the lads. Absolutely hilarious. Nice guys too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I really enjoy the Between The Stripes podcast. It's definitely improving constantly and got some great content across the league. Less farting about than some other podcasts.

Must try the new Con Murphy one too, I enjoyed his presenting style on MNS.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The lads from Rebel Radio are doing a podcast this year too called Rebel Yell

They covered the whole of the LoI last week although the sound was poor in places. I presume it will be mostly City with LoI thrown in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Gets the thumbs up from me. A good listen. This as a review and LoI Weekly as a preview are great.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Personally thought the GLITW one was a little strange, it was good like but I found it strange listening to them talk about clubs going bust down the years etc on the official League podcast. Not a complaint at all, it’s good they aren’t being overly PC or anything but just a thought that was in my head listening to it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast