Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Chelsea fans (slight reprise)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chelsea fans (slight reprise)

So you now equate yerself with say,the Great Wall? You told me you've only been there once in the last decade.....as regular as a Chel-ski pre-Roman title bid!

Dav: you've seen one, you've seen them all. As best I can remember, my recent visits to Glasgow have included January 2004 (visiting friends), May 2003 (to watch football), 1998 and 1996. Names ending in -ski are generally not Russian but Polish btw...

4TTF Yer bang on...... C74/DG should "change the record"...............................'Self-Righteous Indignation;The Greatest Hits',is even less credible .........when there's such a ltd.grasp of the subject matter!

Contributions to internet message boards tend, by their nature, to be self-righteous. Yours (basically making the same point, thousands of times) more than anyone else's here that I can find. I certainly don't see grasp of any subject matter. Essentially anything referencing Britain, Rangers or Ulster unionists bad; mirror Ireland, Celtic or republican nationalists good, unless of course so outrageous that even you have to qualify: then, it's all because of "800 years of history".

Right, I'll spell it out for you

Four: good man. You obviously realised that relying on yer buddy Davros- whose argument is basically that you can't comment on the Old Firm if you haven't watched it from the Jungle- was a bit limited. As you know, Dav hasn't lived in the Republic since he was three, or the island at all since 1973: yet he continues to entertain us with his widely claimed knowledge of all things Irish. Something of a self-contradiction there, eh? He also thinks that Chelsea are institutionally linked with Rangers, btw. Indeed he'd say it was self-evident.

who said anything about Chelsea being linked to Rangers? I certainly didn't. Similar yes, linked no

You said (on 2 March 2005 at 3.02 pm, barely a week ago), "I couldn't understand why any Irish fans would support Chelsea, as they are basically the Glasgow Rangers of the premiership. They are a horrible club, not only their fans, but also their manager and their general attitude. They continue to prove it at all levels, most recently in Barcelona and in Cardiff. I hate seeing Duffer playing for them". That's explicit, surely? To you, Chelsea are horrible because they're like Rangers, they both show a prejudice against Irish people. And it's implicit that you think there is a unique link between the two clubs, formed by the common presence of far-right, paramilitary and other anti-Irish elements. Well, not so: such elements are common across the English game- 'No Surrender' banners, as mentioned above, barely rate a mention for most over here.

Part (c) is where things get retarded. Part (c) makes no sense, because part (a) is not correct in the first place

But, since part a) is supported by both your directly quoted comments, and their very clear implication, it's "correct". It's not illogical (which doesn't , of course, mean the same as "retarded").

Lopez v Conor

Basically, Milan v ManU. I'm sure there's a lot of technical ability there, just that the alternative on other channels is more exciting...
    Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 10/03/2005 at 9:09 AM.
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Funniest thing about Chelsea "fans" in Ireland is how they all emerging in last year.

Manchester United fans could claim they lifelong although more likely bandwagon merchants.
    Liverpool fans probably lifelong as no bandwagon to jump on.
    Arsenal could claim lifeloing status too as have had success since late 80's.

Chelsea have no pedigree & no irish person would have supported in the 80's with their hooligan & anti-irish links. Only reason to support Chelsea is cos you've jumped on Russian money chain...

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Manchester United fans could claim they lifelong although more likely bandwagon merchants.
    Liverpool fans probably lifelong as no bandwagon to jump on.
    Arsenal could claim lifeloing status too as have had success since late 80's.
    eh? United were shít in the 80's but probably bandwagons, whereas liverpool were successfull in the 80's so no bandwagon to jump on? Surely the other way round for anyone 20 and over at least?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    at one stage over the last 20 years Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers (One year wonders remember seeing loads of BB jerseys around none I see none) , Everton and now Chelsea (to name a few) were doing very well, won things so they all got their fair share of 'bandwagoners'...

To be ohnest with you what child wants to support a loosing team, they are going to go for a team thats wining, thus jumpin on its the ones that stay on that matter

Who will it be next year??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    is there a reason why you started this thread. It was locked because it had gone woefully off topic, with people spouting crap whivch has nothing to do with football. This is going to the bin.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.