Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Presidents Cup- Season opener

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post

Not really contributing anything to the topic but that pic is class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Not really contributing anything to the topic but that pic is class.
    👍👍

Brilliant photo, and the scene.... captured forever by a fan in the shed.(not me,way to clumsy to be taking photos)
    The BIG lights went on at Oriel at about 1.30pm on Sunday.
    Four seasons in one day....and four 2nd half goals against us as well ffs!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Theres a couple of pictures from the away end showing the difference in conditions between the first and second half. Mental. Interesting that the camera men couldn't follow the ball for one of the Dundalk goals. I think you can see in the picture above how hard it was to see the action. I honestly didn't know what was going on for about 10 minutes. We didn't know who scored the first, or why Adorjan was "celebrating" with his shirt off or why he wasn't booked. We later found out he was adding some layers but it was very confusing from the far end of the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    And those of you with control of your leases & the funds to do so should improve your facilities.
    Up to now the excuse was Dundalk didn't have control of the lease. That was sorted but still nothing was done.
    You make it sound so easy!

What level of improvements are you talking? Fixing a puddle, broken seating, rodent crematorium are all small types of improvements I would agree with and should have been done long before our Europa run and lease handover.

Anything bigger that requires structural changes take time regardless of how much money we have (our Europa windfall wouldn't come close anyway). We have the lease a wet day in those terms, but yes it does look like there will be no major structural upgrades in the short term which is disappointing but predictable really.

I wasn't having a dig at clubs that rent, I actually think it is the only workable solution for the league to improve facilities. Ownership costs would likely cripple a club, for example how much is the new roof for the Derrynane? Or is it covered by insurance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Peak 6 said they would drain the puddle if they got control of Oriel, but things seem to getting worse.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post

What level of improvements are you talking? Fixing a puddle, broken seating, rodent crematorium are all small types of improvements I would agree with and should have been done long before our Europa run and lease handover.

Anything bigger that requires structural changes take time regardless of how much money we have (our Europa windfall wouldn't come close anyway). We have the lease a wet day in those terms, but yes it does look like there will be no major structural upgrades in the short term which is disappointing but predictable really.

I wasn't having a dig at clubs that rent, I actually think it is the only workable solution for the league to improve facilities. Ownership costs would likely cripple a club, for example how much is the new roof for the Derrynane? Or is it covered by insurance?
    Anything would be an improvement on what's there now. There's not much excuse for not using a power washer or a sweeping brush in fairness or even a few buckets of tarmac.
    It’s never easy as we know ourselves.
    For years now we've been on to the MFA to improve facilities, toilets, wheelchairs stands etc. for fans at Turners Cross.
    Its only now it’s being done eventually.

We've been on to them to improve the public address system for years as well. We even offered to buy them a new system but were told no.
    The MFA don't want anything permanent belonging to us there even though we've been tenants for 30 years.
    Nowadays we hire extra public address equipment for big games.
    It’s like dealing with a government department

The roof at Turners Cross would be an insurance claim I would say.
    The other work like new toilets etc. for away fans would come from a grant which the MFA have been sitting on for a few years now.
    There was some dispute on who exactly owned the sewer which the new toilet block was to feed into but that was eventually sorted.

I believe the only way forward for clubs is to play in community type stadiums. A lot of clubs in Europe do it that way.
    They have their own training complexes & play the games in the community stadium.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post

'Rodent crematorium'?? More details please!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    'Rodent crematorium'?? More details please!
    There was a dead mouse between the seats in the away end on Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Bit cold to be called a crematorium to be fair...The boor mouse that died was probably dreaming of being in one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    All these necessary renovations are sure to make a (ro) dent in Peak 6's coffers ... I'll get my coat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityBoy View Post
    Come on at least make it a Rat, when was the last time someone caught a small fish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityBoy View Post
    Good news- with our new investors we'll be able to afford live ones for our next home game

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Good news- with our new investors we'll be able to afford live ones for our next home game

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234