Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiedozie Ogbene M Luton b.1997

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Got his 7th goal of the season tonight against Swansea. That's a decent return from 25 starts this season.

If would be a great time for him to hit form and increase his numbers before contract negotiations with potential clubs this summer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    Got his 7th goal of the season tonight against Swansea. That's a decent return from 25 starts this season.

If would be a great time for him to hit form and increase his numbers before contract negotiations with potential clubs this summer.
    saw a bit of the 2nd half last night and Ogbene was very lively. Awarded MOTM and the commentary team were full of praise for him.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    It looked like he might have been fouled but showed quick thinking with the finish.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...rovised-finish

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Hasn't been great lately but turned it on in front of the Sky cameras - probably not a coincidence given he's a player that wants out of Rotherham and will be moving on at the end of the season.

Will be interesting to see what kind of club he can get as a free agent.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Hasn't been great lately but turned it on in front of the Sky cameras - probably not a coincidence given he's a player that wants out of Rotherham and will be moving on at the end of the season.
    i think thats a bit harsh to be honest. Always comes across as a player who gives his all.
    to suggest he was turning it on for the cameras is unfair.
    its not as if scouts / agents only watch these players from the comfort of their sofa.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I didn't actually mean it as a criticism, I think he's right to run down his contract and move on to hopefully better things. But usually when players turn it on in front of the live TV cameras it's not a coincidence. He was everywhere last night, back defending, getting on the end of chances up front. It's always going to get noticed more by other clubs when it's a live TV game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Belgian sports journalist Sacha Tavolieri, quoted by 'The 72' today, claims that Standard Liege are monitoring Ogbene, and that some discussions have already taken place. Ogbene becomes a free agent this summer.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    He needs to be aiming higher than a mid table Belgian team surely. He'd be as well staying at Rotherham as going there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    A while in the Belgian league did Josh Cullen no harm. Think it would be a very positive move for him at a big club.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    a top 6 championship move should be his aim or a "better" top flight team outside the usual top 5 leagues , netherlands belgium etc.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    A while in the Belgian league did Josh Cullen no harm. Think it would be a very positive move for him at a big club.
    Ogbene would be older than Cullen going over though, and Standard Liege are not Anderlecht. He's 26 in a couple of months, as a late developer he needs a good move in England now - probably to a Championship team with genuine promotion prospects.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see interest from Germany in him and Knight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I think a newly promoted Premier League side would be smart to go for Ogbene. If you're in a situation where you're not going to have as much of the ball and will need to counter, he's the perfect outlet as he demonstrated yesterday. Perhaps hasn't done enough at club level to justify a move like that to be fair but on a free transfer it would give clubs a different option.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Ogbene would be older than Cullen going over though, and Standard Liege are not Anderlecht. He's 26 in a couple of months, as a late developer he needs a good move in England now - probably to a Championship team with genuine promotion prospects.
    Standard Liege are, arguably, the biggest side in Belgium. They're four points ahead of Anderlecht in the league with four regular season games left. They still have an outside chance to get into the top four and with that, a guarantee of some European football. Failing that, they get a Europa League league playoff by finishing in the next four. I don't think it would be a bad move at all for him.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    That has more to do with Anderlecht having a down season post Kompany though. Liege are a mid table Belgian team these days, they finished 14th last season. Not a move I'd want Ogbene to make at his age. I don't think he should be going to any club in Belgium to be honest.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Liege are a mid table Belgian team these days, they finished 14th last season.
    That was hugely anomalous though. They're generally 5th-7th over the past few years and have been regulars in the group stages of Europe.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I think a newly promoted Premier League side would be smart to go for Ogbene. If you're in a situation where you're not going to have as much of the ball and will need to counter, he's the perfect outlet as he demonstrated yesterday. Perhaps hasn't done enough at club level to justify a move like that to be fair but on a free transfer it would give clubs a different option.
    For right or wrong, I don’t think many PL clubs sign free agents from the championship. Particularly relegated or relegation threatened level Championship. I remember Mick McCarthy singing Nyron Nosworthy for Sunderland years ago in a similar move. Just sticks in my mind as a case. He wasn’t a bad workhorse man marker type in the end. But it didn’t bode well overall for the club.

I just think with the path now better worn between the UK and Germany recently, Plus the audience he had on Monday given proliferation of French starters in Germany, that there’s potential that a reasonable level BL club could see it as a shrewd investment.

I’d love to see it. The only thing is, the finances even in the Championship compete with most top flights in Europe. So a reasonable level BL team might still not offer the remuneration of the Championship for a free Agent.
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    That was hugely anomalous though. They're generally 5th-7th over the past few years and have been regulars in the group stages of Europe.
    Ok well I definitely don't think Ogbene should be going to the fifth to seventh best team in Belgium at his age.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Ok well I definitely don't think Ogbene should be going to the fifth to seventh best team in Belgium at his age.
    Surely at this age its all about how long a contract he can get and the best salary. If he tears it up in Belgium or Turkey or the Premier league he will get another move

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    A top half Championship team will almost certainly pay more than a Belgian team though.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast