Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 189

Thread: 2018 Televised Games

  1. #21
    First Team
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    35
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    140
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Rovers dundalk probably

  2. #22
    Reserves ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    624
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

  3. #23
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    384
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    166
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Good to see the Dublin-based media venturing far from the Pale for their coverage as usual.

    Bohemians on TV for 2 out of the first 3 games ? Really ?!

  4. #24
    Not Entirely Sure nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    9,995
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,780
    Thanked in
    1,640 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Good to see the Dublin-based media venturing far from the Pale for their coverage as usual.

    Bohemians on TV for 2 out of the first 3 games ? Really ?!
    Would you rather see Limerick v Bray on TV? I'm sure that would attract a huge viewership to make it worthwhile for Eir Sport.

    The same tired arguments every year around TV coverage. I'm just glad to see a game on this Friday night.

    There are many worse things to complain about with the TV coverage than what teams are shown.

  5. #25
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    28,684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,141
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,202
    Thanked in
    1,359 Posts
    Bray on telly sounds great craic.

    Imagine Tony O'Donoghue doing his pitch-side interviews.

    "So Dave, 2-0 down coming up to the break, but can I ask you to comment on this press release your chairman has just sent out?"

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #26
    First Team WoodquayBoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    159
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    243
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Between RTÉ and eir, Bohs will feature in 4 of the first 6 games to be televised:
    Full SSE Airtricity League TV schedule:-

    16/02/2018 - Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers, 7.30pm, RTE
    02/03/2018 - Cork City v Bohemians, 7.30pm, RTE
    09/03/2018 - Dundalk v Cork City, 8pm, eirSport
    23/03/2018 - Waterford v Shamrock Rovers, 7.30pm, RTE
    13/04/2018 - Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians, 8pm, eirSport
    20/04/2018 - Bohemians v Cork City, 8pm, eirSport

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #27
    First Team
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    35
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    140
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    I think you mean rovers and cork are on 2 and 3 times each against a random opposition club.

  10. #28
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,783
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    745
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,110
    Thanked in
    533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Bray on telly sounds great craic.
    Especially if those North Korean cheerleaders turn up!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #29
    International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Limerick for now.
    Posts
    6,907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,057
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,421
    Thanked in
    765 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Good to see the Dublin-based media venturing far from the Pale for their coverage as usual.

    Bohemians on TV for 2 out of the first 3 games ? Really ?!
    First game is the biggest derby in LOI football.

    Second game features last year's champions.

    Third game is between the two teams expected to finish in the top 2.

    No problem with any of that tbh.

  13. #30
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    559
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    138
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Good to see the Dublin-based media venturing far from the Pale for their coverage as usual.

    Bohemians on TV for 2 out of the first 3 games ? Really ?!
    In fairness to the TV networks, Dalymount is one of the few grounds that looks half decent on TV, by LOI standards. For a big game (like the derby or Cork, Dundalk) the Jodi would be at capacity or thereabouts and the Des Kelly carpets end will also be quite full, so on TV at least it will look like a good crowd. Also I think it's worth noting that it's one of the few grounds in the league where the camera position is at a good height and distance from the pitch, which makes it easier to watch on TV.

    Good to see a match being tevelised from Waterford also, they've a fine ground down there and I think it will look well on tv, even if the running track takes away from it.

  14. #31
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    384
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    166
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Would you rather see Limerick v Bray on TV? I'm sure that would attract a huge viewership to make it worthwhile for Eir Sport.

    The same tired arguments every year around TV coverage. I'm just glad to see a game on this Friday night.

    There are many worse things to complain about with the TV coverage than what teams are shown.
    I'd rather see Dundalk v Derry on the 20th April, for example, which is undoubtedly the stand out game that day. But instead we're getting Bohs (again).

    Anyone who tries to pretend that broadcasters in Ireland don't try their damnedest to stay as close to Dublin as they can when it comes to LOI live fixtures is in denial.

  15. #32
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    384
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    166
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    First game is the biggest derby in LOI football.

    Second game features last year's champions.

    Third game is between the two teams expected to finish in the top 2.

    No problem with any of that tbh.
    You expect Bohs to finish in the Top 2 ?! Only in the TV appearances league

  16. #33
    First Team WeAreRovers's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,812
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post

    Anyone who tries to pretend that broadcasters in Ireland don't try their damnedest to stay as close to Dublin as they can when it comes to LOI live fixtures is in denial.
    Boll*x mate.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

  17. #34
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    28,684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,141
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,202
    Thanked in
    1,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Third game is between the two teams expected to finish in the top 2.
    You expect Bohs to finish in the Top 2 ?! Only in the TV appearances league
    He said the third game, not the fifth game.

    Last edited by pineapple stu; 13/02/2018 at 1:42 PM.

  18. #35
    International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Limerick for now.
    Posts
    6,907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,057
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,421
    Thanked in
    765 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    You expect Bohs to finish in the Top 2 ?! Only in the TV appearances league
    We must be looking at different lists. I'm looking at the list in post 26, which is for both RTE and Eir.

    Or maybe you are making some joke that I don't get.

  19. #36
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,180
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    364
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    309
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    I think Blues v Rovers is only the third league game ever shown live from Waterford. One in 98 v Shels and 03 v Derry. A few cup games and a play-off but never league games.

  20. #37
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    384
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    166
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    We must be looking at different lists. I'm looking at the list in post 26, which is for both RTE and Eir.

    Or maybe you are making some joke that I don't get.
    Your response was to my reply on the list shown in Post #22

  21. #38
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    384
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    166
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Boll*x mate.
    A well-argued response there "mate" Corr blimey guvnor, innit.
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 13/02/2018 at 3:22 PM.

  22. #39
    Seasoned Pro legendz's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    2,594
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    239
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    200
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Between RTÉ and eir, Bohs will feature in 4 of the first 6 games to be televised:
    Full SSE Airtricity League TV schedule:-

    16/02/2018 - Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers, 7.30pm, RTE
    02/03/2018 - Cork City v Bohemians, 7.30pm, RTE
    09/03/2018 - Dundalk v Cork City, 8pm, eirSport
    23/03/2018 - Waterford v Shamrock Rovers, 7.30pm, RTE
    13/04/2018 - Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians, 8pm, eirSport
    20/04/2018 - Bohemians v Cork City, 8pm, eirSport
    Bohemians must have the biggest appeal outside of the regular top 4.

  23. #40
    Seasoned Pro legendz's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    2,594
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    239
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    200
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    I'd rather see Dundalk v Derry on the 20th April, for example, which is undoubtedly the stand out game that day. But instead we're getting Bohs (again).
    I'd agree with that alright. Would've thought all games involving the consistent top 4 of recent seasons would be the best for promoting the league and attracting more viewers etc.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Televised games 2014
    By adamd164 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 30/09/2014, 4:31 PM
  2. Televised games 2013
    By adamd164 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 06/10/2013, 11:02 AM
  3. Televised Games 2012
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03/03/2012, 6:26 PM
  4. TG4 Televised Games
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23/07/2009, 5:07 PM
  5. Televised games
    By Arsene About in forum World League Football
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14/07/2005, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •