Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Obafemi F Burnley b.2000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckydee View Post
    That doesn't sit well with me.
    He plays against the north and then he might decide he doesn't want to play against Denmark, so he can keep his options open. It's getting ridiculous now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    That doesn't sit well with me.
    He plays against the north and then he might decide he doesn't want to play against Denmark, so he can keep his options open. It's getting ridiculous now.
    Sorry Michael. It was nice knowing you.
    Contrast him with Dan Crowley. Danny boy, a far better prospect I would say, is begging to be picked and we can't get it done for whatever reason.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    I was on about this before in one of the other threads. it should be a zero tolerance policy. you are called up and if you say no your international career could well end that second.

Its not sustainable we have an 18 year old with 25 mins league experience holding us to ransom! he is now training with our squad, he might play against NI and then leg it

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    He is very small . Could he not just be thrown on the Pitch at some point !

Its beginning to get this ridiculous .

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Seriously this has to stop. If a guy is called up he should be busting with excitement and doing anything he can to play. This nonsence of "he still has a decision to make" coming from the manager is outrageous. That decision is over the second he gets a call up if the manager is doing his job properly. He calls the guy, tells him congratulations you have been picked for the National Team squad. If there and then the guys says no then fine, but when he turns up decision time is over.

Are we going to be in a position where he gets a goal against the North and then the manager having to talk in Fridays press conference about how hes not travelling to Denmark because he needs more time to think about the future?

Its making us a total laughing stock.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    It really isn't. The issue is the rules, which are affecting every country, but I will say they are disproportionally affecting lower ranked countries, such as ourselves. Any decent dual qualified player will be subject to the same speculation until they appear in a competitive senior international, if for no other reason than it's an easy story to write. The Independent were pushing the narrative that Matt Doherty could switch to the Netherlands recently
    There's a list of dual nationality players on wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...sts_(football)
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    I have no problem with speculation and I have no issue with guys actually having a difficult decision to make, but as I said we cannot be in a position where a guy will play a full international on thursday and we will still be wondering if he is commited

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    I can't see any blame on O'Neill here. He has included obafemi and will clearly play him in Denmark if obafemi gets on the plane to Copenhagen. What more can he do?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    I would love to know where they get the balls. 18 year old Michael O'B is walking the team hotel in Dublin without a care in the world! While we are pulling our hair out wondering if he will fu*k us!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Seriously this has to stop. If a guy is called up he should be busting with excitement and doing anything he can to play. This nonsence of "he still has a decision to make" coming from the manager is outrageous. That decision is over the second he gets a call up if the manager is doing his job properly. He calls the guy, tells him congratulations you have been picked for the National Team squad. If there and then the guys says no then fine, but when he turns up decision time is over.

Are we going to be in a position where he gets a goal against the North and then the manager having to talk in Fridays press conference about how hes not travelling to Denmark because he needs more time to think about the future?

Its making us a total laughing stock.
    Scores a hat trick and then says . See ya !

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Scores a hat trick and then says . See ya !
    Look at what you could have had ... diddies ....

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Probably as reliable as All Nigeria soccer

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Probably as reliable as All Nigeria soccer
    Less, I would say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I can't see any blame on O'Neill here. He has included obafemi and will clearly play him in Denmark if obafemi gets on the plane to Copenhagen. What more can he do?
    He could maybe not come out with this sh!te of "still has a decision to make" and simply say "we're happy to have him in and hope he has a big future with Ireland" and tells the lad that he's giving him his ten minutes against Denmark and that'd be all she wrote.

If you call someone into the squad, you should have every intention of using that player at some point.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    He could maybe not come out with this sh!te of "still has a decision to make" and simply say "we're happy to have him in and hope he has a big future with Ireland" and tells the lad that he's giving him his ten minutes against Denmark and that'd be all she wrote.

If you call someone into the squad, you should have every intention of using that player at some point.
    to be fair you cant get every player from a 24 (or whatever) squad game time. MON has a track record of picking lads in the squad to have a look at them and its que sera sera after that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts

This, all day bloody long.

O'Neill isn't to blame for the rules, but he's to blame for fuelling fires and giving the press ****e to talk about. He can call their bluff for as long as he wants. 'No chance the kid will feature against Denmark' having told the boy he's going to be picked. 'We're struggling up top son, I like what I see from you, I'm going to give you the start in Denmark. It's low-key, we're building for the future, and it's an opportunity for you to give your career the jump-start like those kiddies in Wales have done. If anyone askes me I'll play it down, sure I don't name the team until the ref knocks on the door just before kick-off, so nobody will believe it anyway. What's that? You're not interested? Meyler!!!!"
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Exactly. Martin O'Neill always has something arseways to say and always makes things more complicated than they are. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he doesn't give Obafemi any game time against Denmark because that is the sort Martin O'Neill is.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 14/11/2018 at 2:24 AM.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast