Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Michael Obafemi F Burnley b.2000

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Millwall likely managing his minutes I'd say. After coming back from illness has played 45mins, 72mins midweek, and came on at half time tonight.
    Correct: 'I'm delighted for him and I'm delighted for me' - Millwall boss on Michael Obafemi opening his Lions account as he reveals why striker did not start against Blackburn - Southwark News

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    First goal for him since his last goal! Home to Cardiff... good to see him get the start and an early goal.

The home side take the lead inside 10 minutes with a strike from Michael O'Bafemi.

Zian Flemming plays the Irishman through behind the Bluebirds backline before he smashes it in at the near post for 1-0.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Basically saying that Obafemi was not fit enough ~ Certainly not fit enough to play the way Harris wants him to play ~ Have we heard that before ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Basically saying that Obafemi was not fit enough ~ Certainly not fit enough to play the way Harris wants him to play ~ Have we heard that before ?
    Typical new manager talk, lads aren't fit enough because last manager was crap I've made them fitter. Class player who is in a sprinters body. Sprinters do not train to run all day so very difficult if not impossible for obafemi to play like that without creating injuries for himself by doing far too much mileage weekly.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Typical new manager talk, lads aren't fit enough because last manager was crap I've made them fitter. Class player who is in a sprinters body. Sprinters do not train to run all day so very difficult if not impossible for obafemi to play like that without creating injuries for himself by doing far too much mileage weekly.
    I think that Obafemi has a body type that requires more effort to keep it in shape than other lads and perhaps, and maybe he sometimes doesn't have the drive to do that and needs a particular push. Whatever the reason, I hope he can build on this, because at his best he is a terrific weapon to have in our line-up
    Last edited by samhaydenjr; 14/04/2024 at 1:47 AM.

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    Hahahaaaaa, fantastic. Show me a sprint start line up with an array of adorable chubby cheeks, love handles and slight guts there liamoo. Show us all.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Like a doctor that say the patient is, very very sick / probably going to die ~ ~ When / if the doctor saves the patient = = Great Doctor !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    743 Posts
    I've always struggled to work out where Obafemi's level will eventually be. Premier League pace, Premier League ability to take a chance in front of goal, but constant fitness and injury issues and questionable attitude reports from multiple managers. I'm thinking probably Championship stalwart (injuries permitting) at this point, we may see him at the top level again but probably not consistently throughout his career.

He just doesn't quite seem to have the drive to make it at a higher level. If he falls below Championship with his natural ability then he'll have really underachieved.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041