Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Obafemi F Burnley b.2000

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Obafemi joins Long, Smallbone and Will Ferry on the bench tonight.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    If Ferry, Long, Smallbone were brought on as there simultaneous substitutes in that Order, a Chinese Commentator could be quite entertaining ! ! !

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Last minute equaliser against man u

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Scored a late equalizer at Old Trafford. A deft flick from the closest of ranges. 2-2. He was interviewed by Sky post match and he could barely keep the smile in. Seems a great lad n

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Scored a late equalizer at Old Trafford. A deft flick from the closest of ranges. 2-2. He was interviewed by Sky post match and he could barely keep the smile in. Seems a great lad n
    As a United fan its the one time I wasnt delighted a young Irish lad scored

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Any link for his goal welcome

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Any link for his goal welcome
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 13/07/2020 at 10:47 PM.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Interview -
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 13/07/2020 at 10:47 PM.

11. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Thanks

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Terrific stuff after McGoldrick's Brace and Egan's goals! I thought initially he had just got a touch on a ball that was already going in but the replay showed that is was a really well-taken goal after using his body well to get in front of the defender

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I'm not sure I saw it correctly but it looked a bit martial arts like in the way he back kicked it. Good on him.

In youngirish's (excellent) thread on "out with the old..." Obafemi was commented on. YI reckoned he's worth a call up. Eirambler thinks U21s. I gotta admit I was more with Eirambler as I have tried to see what's so good about him in the few times I've seen him, and Lords knows how naturally disposed I am to seeing the good in our young players. But their manager knows way more than me and I'd trust his judgment. He is holding his own at an increasingly impressive club and that's a big thing for a lad of his age.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'm not sure I saw it correctly but it looked a bit martial arts like in the way he back kicked it. Good on him.

In youngirish's (excellent) thread on "out with the old..." Obafemi was commented on. YI reckoned he's worth a call up. Eirambler thinks U21s. I gotta admit I was more with Eirambler as I have tried to see what's so good about him in the few times I've seen him, and Lords knows how naturally disposed I am to seeing the good in our young players. But their manager knows way more than me and I'd trust his judgment. He is holding his own at an increasingly impressive club and that's a big thing for a lad of his age.
    My attitude is more so if he gets a few more games and a goal or 2 between now and the Nation League games then he surely warrants a place in the squad more than Robinson, Maguire, Collins and possibly Long (providing their form continues along the current trajectory).

I look at it this way, Obafemi may be capable of making the step up to International level. Collins and Maguire look increasingly like it is a step beyond their abilities. Robinson, whilst talented is going backwards at club level and Long, once a decent option from the bench is in the twilight of his career. What have we got to lose?
    Last edited by youngirish; 14/07/2020 at 3:27 PM.

16. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I'd probably agree with that but I'm really looking forward to seeing Long back in the frame. I think we missed him in the last campaign. I also think everyone you mention above deserves another look at some stage, even Collins, as I just had no confidence any of our recent managers really knew what they were trying to do with these players.

I am trying to second guess Kenny here but I'd say Connolly, Long and McGoldrick will be in his first starting XI.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Poor defending from lindelof on the replays he's too weak but obafemi did well to get in front originally

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Poor defending from lindelof on the replays he's too weak but obafemi did well to get in front originally
    That might have been the few extra Mars Bars ! He is a chunky lad, Big boned for a small fella. Joking aside he might be a fella that has to watch the weight like myself ! !

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    damned with faint praise.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    That might have been the few extra Mars Bars ! He is a chunky lad, Big boned for a small fella. Joking aside he might be a fella that has to watch the weight like myself ! !
    My understand is that's actually the issue his manager has with his professionalism, its his diet ..... A devil for the burgers

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'd probably agree with that but I'm really looking forward to seeing Long back in the frame. I think we missed him in the last campaign. I also think everyone you mention above deserves another look at some stage, even Collins, as I just had no confidence any of our recent managers really knew what they were trying to do with these players.

I am trying to second guess Kenny here but I'd say Connolly, Long and McGoldrick will be in his first starting XI.
    I think there are players ahead of Obafemi and experience has currency.
    It's not worth a bun fight just yet, but could you see Kenny playing those 3 together (Connolly, Long and McGoldrick) in the away play off?
    That would be in a 433?
    I'd say Connolly on the inside left and McGoldrick or Long up front.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I think that line up could work well together. I think McClean will still be in the mix and Callum Robinson as well depending on where and how he starts next season. Unless Obafemi becomes more consistent in the next couple of months I think he'll be in the under 21s.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    He is inconsistent. Too inconsistent for international football. He's showing plenty glimpses so we definitely have a prospect on our hands and I have no doubt he will be very good for many years.

This short off-season might actually be great for him. His commitment had been questioned by both him and his manager. He won't have time to erode his fitness levels before he's back into pre-season.

Maybe he will be on a prolonged roll come September!

It is funny when you think about how much can and will happen between now and Kenny's first game. Will Molumby and Cullen, for example, have a handful of impressive Premier League to catapult them into the starting line up? Does Idah rip up the Championship for a few weeks?

It feels like forever away but the pubs opening in Ireland will mark the half way point between now and the Bulgaria game!

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast