Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Trouble Last night with Barca

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trouble Last night with Barca

Did any of you notice the trouble last night between the stewards Vs Rijkaard, Ronaldinho and Eto...

Eto is now saying he was racially abused

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o has claimed he was racially abused by a Chelsea steward after his side's UEFA Champions League exit at Stamford Bridge.
    Several Barca players, including Ronaldinho and manager Frank Rijkaard, became embroiled in a scuffle on the touchline after the final whistle.
    Eto'o insists he was on the end of a racially-motivated insult, and took a swipe at Blues boss Jose Mourinho who he felt helped create such a volatile atmosphere.
    "A security guard told me that I was a monkey, but the disgraced one is him," stormed Eto'o.
    "You only have to look at the face of the manager they have here."
    Chelsea have vehemently denied the claims made by the Barca star, and released a statement dismissing any wrongdoing.
    "Chelsea utterly refute any racist comments were made by any of its permanent or match-day staff," it read.
    "Chelsea has an excellent record of supporting anti-racism campaigns and condemns all forms of racism."
    Meanwhile, Eto'o went on to blast the performance of referee Pierluigi Collina who he claimed refused the visitors a clear second-half penalty, and did not spot a foul on goalkeeper Victor Valdes for Chelsea's fourth goal.
    The striker felt a spot-kick should have been awarded when he was tackled by Ricardo Carvalho in the box although replays suggest the Portuguese stopper took the ball cleanly.
    "Collina helped Chelsea," Eto'o continued. "Collina denied me a clear penalty and for the fourth goal they fouled Victor Valdes."
    Eto'o was also left unimpressed by Chelsea's style of play and insists it would be bad for football if the West Londoners went on to lift the trophy.
    "These things happen. Mourinho is a disgrace and in the end they stuck to their plan," he added.
    "We were the only ones who wanted to play football. That Chelsea have progressed is a disaster for football.
    "If that team wins the Champions League it would be a joke for this sport. With so much football and so many players, what they do is not football."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    At leat he's not bitter.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i hate when players like barca ones that think they have a right to win stuff .

over the 2 games chelsea deserved the win more than barca

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Looked to me as if the stewards were acting very heavy-handed at the end.
    There was hassle aswell even after Ronaldinhos sloppy second goal in the Barca dugout.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i think all the barca players were rattled by mourhinos comments. Porto players seem to know how to cheat a little, Deco diving, Carvalho blocking the keeper etc. Well I guess it just an example of competing over showmanship. I never thought Barca could win at stamford bridge.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Sour Grapes me thinks.
    Etoo was rubbish last night, should be more disappointed with himself.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did look like the officials were getting a bit rough with Rijkaard and Ronaldinho for some reason..

Mourinho was egging on the crowd just before the finish and I think they were shouting at him.. don't know for sure though??

No Doubt there will be a video clip of it released by Sky soon