Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: St. Patricks Athletic 2-0 Limerick FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

St. Patricks Athletic 2-0 Limerick FC

Friendly Fixture: St Pats Athletic v Limerick FC.
    Venue: Richmond Park, Inchicore
    Date: March 8th @ 7.45pm.
    Result: 2-0 defeat.

A very positive performance, particularly in the first hour, against Premier opposition. Poor crowd, but given the circumstances (champions league on tv), it was to be expected.

Team: Healy: O'Mahoney, Woulfe, Finnucane, Aherne: Kearns, Hughes, Barrett, Donnellan: Kelliher, O'Brien.

Subs: Colin Falvey for Kearns; McCarthy for Kelliher, Browne for Donnellan, Stokes for O'Brien.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This report taken from a Pats fan on a St Pats Forum.

"Limerick were awful. No-one could remember the last time we played them but it wasn't hard to see why they're in the First Division.

First goal was a 20/25-yard screamer from Doyler. Second was a cross from Aido that sailed over the keeper into the back corner. No Gaz, it WASN'T a lob. It could've been three from one of the daftest own goals ever but the keeper castrated himself keeping it out.

Back four was solid, Collie probably has a lump on his forehead from all the headers he was winning."

"It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    For a team so awful, they still only managed to put two past us, so they don't have much to crow about either.

Pre-Season Friendlies are there for a reason...to give guys a run-out, and to experiment in different areas. I don't think the results have much consequence....ask Kildare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    For a team so awful, they still only managed to put two past us, so they don't have much to crow about either.

Pre-Season Friendlies are there for a reason...to give guys a run-out, and to experiment in different areas. I don't think the results have much consequence....ask Kildare.
    Sorry lads,
    But Limerick were not up to much at all. Neither of our 'keepers had to make a safe, and don't forget, we were experimenting too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap

In fairness, I don't think the guy was crowing. It was posted on a Pats forum -not directed at Limerick fans at all.

I understand what friendlies are about. No need to be defensive - I posted the quote because I thought Limerick fans might be interested in what was said. Not every negative thing said about Limerick has to be defended. So what if they beat us. So what if we had a bad game. Its good the players are getting game time together. Its hard to lift your game on a Tuesday night in Dublin in a friendly in front of a tiny crowd. Fair play to the club for organising friendlies against Premier opposition mostly - it would be easy to play the likes of Mary I every week and learn nothing. I think we will learn from playing teams in a higher division. And hopefully might even take Rovers on Friday night.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I wasn't really being defensive. We weren't half as bad as they make out, particularly for the first hour, although we didn't get a sniff thereafter. I thought it was a good workout, against superior opposition, that will stand to us in the weeks ahead. Thats all..........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ... and from all reports I got Can't Pass O'Brien was up to his old antics again on Tuesday. When this happened under Mike Kerley certain posters on this forum said he was "mis-managed" by Kerley. Does this mean that NOC is mis-managing him as well?
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deise deserter
    ... and from all reports I got Can't Pass O'Brien was up to his old antics again on Tuesday. When this happened under Mike Kerley certain posters on this forum said he was "mis-managed" by Kerley. Does this mean that NOC is mis-managing him as well?
    And these were unbiased reports were they? I'll wait and see with my own eyes. From what I saw in Cork last week he seemed to be fitting in fine and I did actually see him pass the ball to Derek McCarthy once.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    I did actually see him pass the ball to Derek McCarthy once.
    Once you say?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    SLK:
    Stop making fun!!! It his first step!!!
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    From what I saw in Cork last week he seemed to be fitting in fine and I did actually see him pass the ball to Derek McCarthy once. [/QUOTE]