Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Fixtures

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Drogheda beat Bohs 2-1 last night. Sean Brennan and Lloyd Buckley with Drogs goals, Manley with a penalty for Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    So Drogheda @12/1 for FD might not be a bad price after all

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    So Drogheda @12/1 for FD might not be a bad price after all
    Talking to a few involved with the club they are approaching this as a building year with a long term plan in place. Wel have to see who they’d do indeed sign up but having the likes of Dillon amen Duffy on trial wouldn’t inspire much confidence

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I don't think it'll be a blessing in disguise. I don't think any LOI game has an ambulance on standby and many grounds aren't very accessible for ambulances. Tallaght is an exception but it's not due to anything Rovers have done, just that it's an accessible stadium 300 yards from a major hospital. I think United Park is right beside Lourdes too?
    yep correct our lady of Lourdes hospital is directly across rd from Utd Park.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    An ambulance is a requirement at every LoI game?
    Not fully-equipped ambulances as far as I know. For a serious injury you'd need to get an ambulance and a paramedic crew in.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    From the 2016-2017 licencing manual.

AMBULANCE

The licence applicant must make arrangements in agreement with the Health Board (E.g. HSE) for the provision of at least one fully equipped Ambulance and crew to be in attendance at all games. The ambulance should be in attendance at least 1 hour prior to kick off and remain at the ground until the game is complete.

Where voluntary organisation services such as the Order of Malta, St. John’s Ambulance etc. are utilised, these organisations should liaise with the Health Authorities in order to ensure that their activities are fully integrated with the Health Authorities plans.

See Section 23.6 of The Code

7. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Shaw mentions that he had to wait for a "proper" ambulance before he got gas. Having been in St John Ambulance for years, I have to bristle a little bit at that - albeit that they're not equipped to paramedic level - but St John do carry entonox. So the level of cover was grand. (Whether it was given is another matter)

Also, well done the FAI for misspelling "St John Ambulance" in the licencing manual...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Charlie, if a player had to wait an hour with a serious arm injury and a hospital 300m away and an ambulance on site absolutely it raises questions and could be a blessing in disguise as the system was tested in real terms and failed!! There are doctors at games too so the admin of N20 (laughing gas) minimum, should not be a problem at all with damn all reasons not go give it (why its is freely carrie on volunteer ambulances). Now if it were player or supporter in a state of collapse and it took an hour to transfer!!??? I doubt the same delay would happen i hope, but leaving a guy with a particularly nasty arm injury, cold and in shock in his wet kit, for an hour before any pain relief or move to hospital nearby, so much so that rigors/shivvering had the break moving enough to be felt..........

United Park and OLOL - it would be quicker to carry a stretcher to the ED than it would to use an ambulance if that were allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Not fully-equipped ambulances as far as I know. For a serious injury you'd need to get an ambulance and a paramedic crew in.
    'fully equiped' is a relative term even with HSE appliances. The skills and equipment found at LoI games on voluntary service ambulances are or should be sufficient for all bar the most extreme cases of what you would most encounter at such events- aed, fracsplints, O2/N20, suction, basic airway adjuncts (nalaxone imo too), basic monitoring - probably most important of all some common sense.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    what about a fire extinguisher? you know, just in case....
    ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Fire extinguishers required for DoE - so yes, ambulances be carrying one, if not two.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Both Shamrock Rovers pre-season matches vs Swedish opposition in Portugal will be aired/streamed on Swedish cable-TV. (C More)
    PPV for 99 Kr = 8,88 GBP. (Although I'm not 100% sure if it will work abroad?)
    But otherwise there will most likely be streams of both matches "at the usual places"

Dalkurd 30/1
    Hammarby 3/2

Dalkurd newcomers in the top division and Hammarby a middle of the pack team. 9 of 16 last year.

Fixtures on C More (in Swedish and times in CET - Chrome preferred)

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Two hundred hoops going out to support the team for this........some irish bar is going to make a lot of money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    There's no hospital 300m away from the Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Charlie, if a player had to wait an hour with a serious arm injury and a hospital 300m away and an ambulance on site absolutely it raises questions and could be a blessing in disguise as the system was tested in real terms and failed!! There are doctors at games too so the admin of N20 (laughing gas) minimum, should not be a problem at all with damn all reasons not go give it (why its is freely carrie on volunteer ambulances). Now if it were player or supporter in a state of collapse and it took an hour to transfer!!??? I doubt the same delay would happen i hope, but leaving a guy with a particularly nasty arm injury, cold and in shock in his wet kit, for an hour before any pain relief or move to hospital nearby, so much so that rigors/shivvering had the break moving enough to be felt..........

United Park and OLOL - it would be quicker to carry a stretcher to the ED than it would to use an ambulance if that were allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I don't think it'll be a blessing in disguise. I don't think any LOI game has an ambulance on standby and many grounds aren't very accessible for ambulances. Tallaght is an exception but it's not due to anything Rovers have done, just that it's an accessible stadium 300 yards from a major hospital. I think United Park is right beside Lourdes too?
    I was basing things on this quote from CD. If the injury happened in the Carlisle Grounds than thats an explination, I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt have an ambulance on duty there.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I was talking about Tallaght.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Dundalk 3 Drogs 1

Entertaining game. Drogs took the lead with a stunning strike from Lee Duffy and Rossiter hit the crossbar following a terrific attempted lob over Sava. Drogheda were very well organised and could be worth a bet for promotion. Dundalk struggled to capitalise on their possession and needed a late penalty to go in front. Dylan Connolly made it look more emphatic that it was with a lovely late solo goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Dundalk 3 Drogs 1

Entertaining game. Drogs took the lead with a stunning strike from Lee Duffy and Rossiter hit the crossbar following a terrific attempted lob over Sava. Drogheda were very well organised and could be worth a bet for promotion. Dundalk struggled to capitalise on their possession and needed a late penalty to go in front. Dylan Connolly made it look more emphatic that it was with a lovely late solo goal.
    Yep decent game(1st half anyway) played in front of a decent crowd.
    Drogs were shooting on sight 1st half and the Lee Duffy goal was top class.We also rattled a bar and a post in that half.(Mountney picked up a fairly serious injury i believe)
    The second half was a dull affair though.
    Folan looks a serious recruit for us,Murray also.Cant see any evidence for signing Mcgowan(prob worth another look or two though)
    Dylan Connolly showed some pace for his goal but had hardly featured until then.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Friendly Friday night: Waterford 1 Cabinteely 2

Munster Senior Cup Saturday afternoon: Cork 3 Waterford 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Surely the MSC deserves its own thread. We had about 70% possession against Waterfords U19s. Worrying that we only scored from set pieces, though as the game went on we created a bit more. Waterford kids were very well organised to be fair to them. Cummins movement and his interplay with our other forwards was really impressive.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast