Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic or Rangers who'll win the title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Celtic or Rangers who'll win the title

Please Please Please do not turn this into a political thread

Anyway Celtic 4 points behind but with 2 matches on hand will the win the SPL this year??

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Celtic, only just...........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The matches left are

Celtic
    Dunfermline H
    Inverness A
    Dundee UTD A
    Hearts H
    Livingstone A
    Aberdeen H

Rangers
    Dundee A
    Mothervell A
    Dundee UTD H
    Dunfermline A

I don't know I'm a bit weary they have havn't a easy run of things ahead of them.. Just hope it doesn't go down to goal difference crap.. would love a team to do a 'Chelsea' on the SPL just to spice things up Even though I'm a celtic supporter.. At the start of every season you know it'll be Celtic or Rangers that will win..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Celtic by 4...... No doubt about it. Rangers are just not strong enough.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire06
    The matches left are

Celtic
    Dunfermline H
    Inverness A
    Dundee UTD A
    Hearts H
    Livingstone A
    Aberdeen H

Rangers
    Dundee A
    Mothervell A
    Dundee UTD H
    Dunfermline A
    Note these are only the fixtures till the split. Another 5 games to be played after that one of which is against Rangers.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I think Celtic will have to win that last Old Firm if theyre to win the SPL. Aberdeen and Inverness wont be very easy fixtures, and they need to get a few big wins to give them the edge should it come down to goal difference (it is still done on goal difference if the teams are level isnt it?).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rangers were lucky to win last Wednesday and only drew at the weekend, so possibly they are having a blip. Celtic seem to have come out of theirs. At least it leaves it interesting

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Celtic-be a close run but not as clsoe as 2002/03......painfukl memories
    By the way does anyone know why Celtic were wearing the baclk away kit yesterday?
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Keep this ON TOPIC please lads. The question is simple. Give your reasons why, and leave it at that. No conspiracies, no politics.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I reckon Rangers have a very poor team this year (as they have had for the last half a decade). When either Prso or Novo are missing they are very blunt. Ferguson has not done a lot since rejoining. They are a very average team with some very average players. Djordjic has been a poor signing so far like so many of McLeish's signings. The spine of the team are the only players of any real use. Andrews has been surprisingly good and consistent, Ricksen has been playing well and seems to have calmed his mental streak and Novo has hit a rich vein of goalscoring form. But their squad lacks real depth.

Celtic have also been pretty poor this season with a lot of defensive lapses and goalkeeping problems. Still evident in Hibs' goal last week. Alan Thompson has been having a stinker of a season also. However McNamara has had a decent season and has been playing very well as of late and Petrov has been immense as always. Bellamy looked very sharp and settled in his last game against Hibs. He has added a new dimension to Celtic's attack which has been lacking since the departure of Larsson. If he can latch onto Thompsons long wide balls down the left than he can drag defenders out and cause real problems. Something Sutton and particularly Hartson don't do. I think Petrov and Bellamy could be the real dividing force between the two teams this season.

A lot of things will hinge on the game at Ibrox. I think Celtic will shade the title, but it will take a hell of a lot of hard work and consistency. Those games in hand are away and one is against a stubborn in form ICT (incidentally Celtic's bogey team in a sense). I wouldn't be shocked if Rangers edged it due to Celtic being inconsistent but I am going with Celtic by 1 to 4 points. Also it is worth noting that Celtic should be stepping up in scoring goals to bridge the goal difference gap, it cost them 3 years ago.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    anywhere have odds on this?

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Celtic -125

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Celtic...............just have a feeling they will get a result (a draw at least) at Huncentral in the last OF game that will tip it in Celtics favour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Rangers

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Even as a Celtic fan I have to disagree with alot of whats been said, I think Rangers are bit better than they have been given credit for. Prso and Novo are undoubtedly huge players for them, but they have got some good signings in, vignal, buffell and Andrews have all been very impressive and return of Ferguson is huge boost for them. Think it will go down to the wire again, which is a good thing. Also destiny of title doesnt just go down to the old firm games, both sides have and will drop more points against other sides and those games will prove very crucial. Think Celts mite prove to be too strong havin said all that. Rangers were very fortunate with that peno at hearts and Inverness fully deserved that draw at ibrox on Saturday from what I saw on the highlights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rover's Fellow and Poor Student, this is a thread that involves Celtic and Rangers and you appear to be giving intelligent football analyisis stop it its not what these threads are here for

As a matter of point I think Celtic (well I would say that!), Sunday shows what they are capable of when they decide not to shut up shop as soon as they go one up and I simply don't think that Rangers are capable of consistantly prducing performances like that.
    They have improved, that much is evident and Ferguon now means that Celtic can no longer boss them about so easily in midfield during OF games. But when it comes down to the crunch Celts will drop fewer points then Rangers. For those who think about the run in 2002/03 remember it was Rangers who dropped more points this time of year.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    I reckon Rangers have a very poor team this year (as they have had for the last half a decade). When either Prso or Novo are missing they are very blunt. Ferguson has not done a lot since rejoining. They are a very average team with some very average players. Djordjic has been a poor signing so far like so many of McLeish's signings. The spine of the team are the only players of any real use. Andrews has been surprisingly good and consistent, Ricksen has been playing well and seems to have calmed his mental streak and Novo has hit a rich vein of goalscoring form. But their squad lacks real depth.

Celtic have also been pretty poor this season with a lot of defensive lapses and goalkeeping problems. Still evident in Hibs' goal last week. Alan Thompson has been having a stinker of a season also. However McNamara has had a decent season and has been playing very well as of late and Petrov has been immense as always. Bellamy looked very sharp and settled in his last game against Hibs. He has added a new dimension to Celtic's attack which has been lacking since the departure of Larsson. If he can latch onto Thompsons long wide balls down the left than he can drag defenders out and cause real problems. Something Sutton and particularly Hartson don't do. I think Petrov and Bellamy could be the real dividing force between the two teams this season.

A lot of things will hinge on the game at Ibrox. I think Celtic will shade the title, but it will take a hell of a lot of hard work and consistency. Those games in hand are away and one is against a stubborn in form ICT (incidentally Celtic's bogey team in a sense). I wouldn't be shocked if Rangers edged it due to Celtic being inconsistent but I am going with Celtic by 1 to 4 points. Also it is worth noting that Celtic should be stepping up in scoring goals to bridge the goal difference gap, it cost them 3 years ago.

Hate to break it to you but the SPL is poor full stop.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It seems people find it impossible to stay ON TOPIC when it concerns Celtic and Rangers

The title is simple enough...."who will win the league?" but already we've got posts about the standard etc

Might as well just close the thread now mods

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think Celtic will just about do it, but they need to get at least a point out of the last game against Rangers. The Tw@t Bellamy will have a big say in things too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    The battle for third is getting very interesting...for those of us who care anyway. Despite a miserable few months back to back wins have seen the Dons go to fourth above Hearts and just two behind Hibs.

The cup semis will have a big say in the league run-in. If Hibs beat Dundee Utd in their semi-final then they're almost certainly in Europe as it's unlikely that Hearts will beat Celtic in the other. That means it looks like it could be a straight fight between Hearts and the Dons for the final UEFA Cup spot.

Of course if Motherwell pull off a massive upset in the League Cup final then Rangers will take what would then be the only league place in the UEFA Cup. Runners-up in the LC don't get a Euro spot.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast