Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celtic or Rangers who'll win the title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    & not a Hearts season-book holder in sight!
    Sorry Dav, no idea what you mean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    also looks like Sutton is injured, thats a blow to Celtic

Celtic striker Chris Sutton is facing a three-match absence after picking up a hamstring injury during Sunday's Scottish League win over Hibernian.
    The player underwent a scan on the injury yesterday and manager Martin O'Neill said afterwards that he would most likely be unavailable for three games.

That would see Sutton missing the upcoming ties with Dunfermline, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Dundee United.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Saw the goals......were Hibees not playing in Green?& Sort that spell-checker!
    But Black (or Baaalllack) was last seasons away kit
    So I'm figuring that both our home strip and our away strip are to close to the Hibees so we dug out some of alst seasons ones or got some auld stock out of the merchandise

Back on topic-Celtic! Celtic! Celtic!
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu
    The battle for third is getting very interesting...for those of us who care anyway. Despite a miserable few months back to back wins have seen the Dons go to fourth above Hearts and just two behind Hibs.

The cup semis will have a big say in the league run-in. If Hibs beat Dundee Utd in their semi-final then they're almost certainly in Europe as it's unlikely that Hearts will beat Celtic in the other. That means it looks like it could be a straight fight between Hearts and the Dons for the final UEFA Cup spot.

Of course if Motherwell pull off a massive upset in the League Cup final then Rangers will take what would then be the only league place in the UEFA Cup. Runners-up in the LC don't get a Euro spot.
    From what I've seen of the teams I'd say Hibs stand the best chance of getting third. They matched Celtic in the league games at Easter Road (2-2) and at Parkhead (2-1 Celtic) whereas Aberdeen may have only lost 1-0 at home to Celtic but to tell the truth the game could have lasted another 90 minutes and the Dons would not have created a chance.
    Aberdeen did win at Parkhead ealier in the season but (from what I have seen and heard from other people who were at the match) Celtic should still have won despite being very flat.
    As for Hearts from what I have seen of them they have been fairly poor and Hibs and Aberdeen both look better sides.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liam88
    But Black (or Baaalllack) was last seasons away kit
    So I'm figuring that both our home strip and our away strip are to close to the Hibees so we dug out some of alst seasons ones or got some auld stock out of the merchandise
    Yeah the current away one is dark green.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat O' Banton
    Yeah the current away one is dark green.
    Yep the one before that was black with a yellowie gold crest.. anyway its being replaced soon

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, race for third place is interesting, looked like it was safe for hibs but they slipped up a bit lately and Aberdeen who were on bad run for a while, are back in winning ways and are putting pressure on the hibees. Hearts are still knocking on the door. Regarding the point on the standard, in my opinion anyway I wouldnt be that naive to think that rest of SPL is poorer than our own league, its not, its still better standard, although not by much, indeed in every other way, such as the proffesionalism of the league, attendances, coverage etc, the SPL is far ahead at the moment anyway, but lets hope eircom league with our new tv deal can get our act together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I think Hibs are the best of the three. Hearts really need to sort themselves out as they looked capable, despite all their off the field problems, of cementing themselves as 'best of the rest' and are now well off course despite the arrival of Romanov. Dons have really come on this season, Europe would be a bonus.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu
    Runners-up in the LC don't get a Euro spot.
    Neither do the winners. Two CL spots for the top two and for the UEFA (1 League spot and one for the SFA Cup unless the competing finalists qualify for Europe already).

Quote Originally Posted by joey b
    Hate to break it to you but the SPL is poor full stop.
    What is the point of this useless post? Because you deem a league poor I can't give an opinion on it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    Lots of rumours have Derek Riordan from Hibs going to Leeds for £1m at the end of the season with more money depending on appearances.

Is he any good?

Riordan is QUALITY. And worth a lot more than a million. But Hibs have to accept offers like this. It will be the same if Ian Murray decides to go

BIG game this week too, Hibs away to Dons

COME ON THE HIBEE'S

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Riordan is a quality player also linked with the Tic a few times, though I believe he is a Hibee thorugh and through.

Hibs have come on the most this past few seasons and play some decent football. Were the better team on their last visit to CP despite losing 2-1. Most deserviong of 3rd place and a spot in europe out of the rest of the teams in Scotland.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I do agree with the fact that hibs deserve third place judging on what ive seen so far, play very good football and have some excellent youngsters in the squad. But its up to them to hold on the third place at the moment. Riordan is quality but the problem facing the likes of hibs, hearts and aberdeen is holding on theyre best players. This hibs side could come very good but just like the last good hibs side in 2001 and hearts in 98 who both ran the old firm close in the title challenge they mite lost theyre best players to the old firm or england and its back to square one, its a shame really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12