Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 UEFA Under 17 Championship

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Replied to the news feed thingy, but I reckon it is better off that I reply here:

What are Spurs thinking? Somebody who turned 17 two months ago shouldn't be playing against Derby County U-23.

We need to stop sending our players to England where young careers are potentially ruined by overly physical football.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    Replied to the news feed thingy, but I reckon it is better off that I reply here:

What are Spurs thinking? Somebody who turned 17 two months ago shouldn't be playing against Derby County U-23.

We need to stop sending our players to England where young careers are potentially ruined by overly physical football.
    Furlong played for rovers against dundalk and McAvoy is a regular for ballinamallard so they are playing mens football at a much more competitive level than derbys 23s

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Wonder will it be odubeko who comes in for parrott? Carty is the only number 9 without parrott so odubeko would suit that role. Do we have any idea if oko flex was considered ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post

Parrott played against Crawleyq and Portsmouth in the FA Trophy this season, and emerged from both games unscathed. Injuries happen in football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Has anyone taken the last place in the panel yet? ... The game is on Friday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    It's possible they're waiting to see how severe Parrott's injury is, and if there's any possibility he'll be available for the later stages.

Personally, I think they should let him recover and focus on getting through the quarter finals, which would mean participation in the U17 World Cup later on the year and include him in the squad for that

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    It's possible they're waiting to see how severe Parrott's injury is, and if there's any possibility he'll be available for the later stages.

Personally, I think they should let him recover and focus on getting through the quarter finals, which would mean participation in the U17 World Cup later on the year and include him in the squad for that
    I disagree on this. You are always more likely to get injured again if trying to rush back from injury. Give him summer off he certainly will not be going to any under 17 world cup with this group next season as he will be involved in first team at spurs or championship somewhere. We have depth at this age bring in odubeko or okoflex or gaxha a young Kerry lad scoring goals at sheff utd and hopefully get out of that group

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I disagree on this. You are always more likely to get injured again if trying to rush back from injury. Give him summer off he certainly will not be going to any under 17 world cup with this group next season as he will be involved in first team at spurs or championship somewhere. We have depth at this age bring in odubeko or okoflex or gaxha a young Kerry lad scoring goals at sheff utd and hopefully get out of that group
    Gaxha has serious potential Liamoo, you're bang on the money there. has a brother who is younger and even better by all accounts.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    think you misunderstood my post, I don't want him to be added to the squad until he's recovered. The current squad, plus whoever is brought in, should focus on getting to the semi finals of the euros, and qualify automatically for the U17 World Cup. Should Parrott be recovered, he can be considered for the squad for that tournament
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 01/05/2019 at 4:08 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I wouldn’t rush him back either and especially for a u17 tournament I doubt the coaches are looking to rush him back, what they could be doing is seeing if he could actually come back in normal time, the fact he broke no bones would give me hope though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    RTE are showing the Greece game on Friday night, and the Czech Republic game on bank holiday Monday. Presumably they'll have the final group game against Belgium as well
    confirmed
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    has a brother who is younger and even better by all accounts.
    I remember people saying the same about Ryan & Ronan Manning in Galway. Ronan seems to be MIA now after being released by Athlone a few weeks into the season.

I always take the 'younger brother is even better' stories with a pinch of salt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Heard it about will flood's brother, and Greg Cunningham's

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Roland Idowu of Southampton called into the squadhttps://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0501/1046955-parrott-out-as-idowu-completes-u17-squad-ahead-of-euros/. I had to scramble to check his record - premierleague.com has an English flag beside his name so I didn't know he's Irish. He's mostly been coming on as a late sub recently for their U18s but when given more time, he seems to have an eye for goal, scoring twice against West Ham in January (https://www.premierleague.com/match/...ton-v-west-ham), once against Norwich recently (combined with and assist: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...-v-southampton) as well as getting assists against Reading in November( https://www.premierleague.com/match/...-v-southampton) and Swansea in October (https://www.premierleague.com/match/...-v-southampton). So definitely some potential there

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    This pretty much tells me that Troy was going to be used as CAM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    [COLOR=#333333]Think he came across from Joey's... Dunno why there'd be an English flag next to him. Southampton have quite a contingent there:

[/COLOR]Keogh (U17)
    Idowu (U17)
    Ferry (U18)
    Ledwidge (U18)
    Brennan (U18) *loaned out
    Obafemi (U19)
    Afolabi (U19)
    Smallbone (U19)
    O’Driscoll (U21)
    O’Connor (U21)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Parrott played against Crawleyq and Portsmouth in the FA Trophy this season, and emerged from both games unscathed. Injuries happen in football.
    they seem to happen more often in england. and, to be honest, the irish attitude towards protecting youngsters isn't much better.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Shame about the ending, but looks like the correct call in the end. Didn't play all that great really.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    Impossible to tell without seeing the flag on the replay, or without seeing the players from the actual free-kick. It looks like the scorer could have been offside from the original free-kick - he didn't get the ball, but he went for the header and could have been deemed by the linesman to be interfering.

Overall though, agree it wasn't a great game from the bits I was watching. Appreciate obviously there's going to be that bit less intensity about a 17s game.

Edit - manager confirms it's because the pass to the offside player was played by an Irish player (which it was), so the referee was correct to overrule the linesman.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Where is Everitt from? I have searched for an association between him and an Irish schoolboy side previously to no avail.

I've become very cynical about these young lads. Seeing Louie Barry move along and be linked with Barca in the same way McGuane did has enhanced this cynicism as much as Rice and Grealish.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast