2 Posts

Rovers Vs Harps

Rovers 0-0 Harps

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very disappointed with Harps, they never tried to play football throughout the 90 minutes. Typical first division side. If I were a fan I'd be very disappointed. Very disappointing with the crowd also at todays game. I suppose with it being Mother's day people had better things to be doing.
    Rovers were by far the better side, our only problem was not having anyone that looked capable of scoring. Very disappointed with Alverez. Todays game was a typical first division encounter, slow defender etc and our forward line of Flannery and Alverez made no impact.

We need McTiernan and we need him badly.

Anyone out there know him??
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    Very disappointing with the crowd
    The Celtic game on TV didn't help either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "why is every1 singing mctiernan's praises he's been rubbish for years. he doesn't have his pace anymore so he's no good to us anyway. i'd prefer flannery"..

Eh probably because when he's at his best he scores goals! Injuries haven't helped,but when he's sharp he scores goals...

What did he get a couple of seasons ago ? 14 goals or something ?

I'm disappointed that Sean hasn't sorted out a decent goal scorer. I know that there not easy to get,but as i said at the start of last season--the manager's signings are crucial.

That's what let Don O'Riordan down...His signings ( with a few exceptions) simply weren't good enough.

So when Sean goes out and signs the likes of Alvarez he has to be sure that he's adding something to the squad.

Judging from the postings so far-he hasn't looked the business...So then you'd have to question the decision to release Keith Carty.

Carth didn't do enough for Rovers but he scored a plethora of goals for Dundalk...Maybe with a bit of work Carty could have done the biz for Rovers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redrov2005
    "why is every1 singing mctiernan's praises he's been rubbish for years. he doesn't have his pace anymore so he's no good to us anyway. i'd prefer flannery"..

Eh probably because when he's at his best he scores goals! Injuries haven't helped,but when he's sharp he scores goals...

What did he get a couple of seasons ago ? 14 goals or something ?

I'm disappointed that Sean hasn't sorted out a decent goal scorer. I know that there not easy to get,but as i said at the start of last season--the manager's signings are crucial.

That's what let Don O'Riordan down...His signings ( with a few exceptions) simply weren't good enough.

So when Sean goes out and signs the likes of Alvarez he has to be sure that he's adding something to the squad.

Judging from the postings so far-he hasn't looked the business...So then you'd have to question the decision to release Keith Carty.

Carth didn't do enough for Rovers but he scored a plethora of goals for Dundalk...Maybe with a bit of work Carty could have done the biz for Rovers.
    A lot in what you say, most I agree with!
    I'm far from praising McTiernan when I make my opinion known that I'd like to see him back. For too long our club has been dogged with begrudgers and people that fail to forgive (I'll not go into all that). We're heading into a new season and I see a problem where we'll find it very difficult to score goals. Paul McTiernan at his best can score at will. For that reason alone we need him.
    The way I see it is that Alverez is a work horse but he'll need someone to feed off his workrate. The obvious choice to me is McTiernan, wgat other option do we have?

I said it when Keith Carty was released that he should not have been let go. Keith was never given a decent chance by Sean Connor. I felt that then and still do.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree,keith should have stayed,flannery is supposed to be half blind too,one bang to the head and hes out!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I'm surprised none of ye made reference to Harps jersey's,(correct me if I'm wrong), did ye see the cut of them, they'd ****ing blind you , God help all the teams that have to play them this season
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    I'm surprised none of ye made reference to Harps jersey's,(correct me if I'm wrong), did ye see the cut of them, they'd ****ing blind you , God help all the teams that have to play them this season
    Isn't there a team from Glasgow with a blue home jersey and an away orange jersey as well?

Finn Huns
    Misfits

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    they only have that shirt coz the groundsman usually forgets to put the money in the light meter,they wear orange so they can see each other!!!!!