Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Collins looking for new challenge

Neil

Collins looking for new challenge

Former Bohemians manager, Roddy Collins, has declared his interest in returning to soccer management as soon as possible. He also called for the creation of a managers' union in Irish football.

After leading Bohemians to the league and cup double, Collins was replaced by his former assistant manager, Pete Mahon.

Bohemians officials said they parted company with the Cabra-man after he refused to meet with the board to discuss a new contract. Collins said that he had a verbal contract with the Gypsies, which was to run until the end of next season.

Instead of dwelling on the situation at Dalymount Park, Collins has declared himself available, an announcement that might interest managerless Galway United.

"Absolutely, I'm available for a new job," he said. "Football management is what my trade is now. It has been for the last two-and-a-half years.

"I'd like to remain in football. I haven't sent any CVs out yet, but I want to get back into the game as soon as possible."

Collins revealed that he was invited to a meeting about the setting up of a managers union, but he did not attend because he was on holidays.

"Before I went to Florida, Aaron O'Callaghan called me to say he was trying to set up a managers union. I could have done with that after recent events," he quipped. "I think a managers union would be a good idea though."

Collins refused to speak about events surrounding his exit from Bohemians, saying the matter is now in the hands of his solicitors.

"No-one in Bohemians has spoken to me since, but my solicitors are going to look for financial compensation."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I guess this shows all the vitriol against Roddy was wrong. Bohs
    like my team Cork have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot.
    What a waste! 22 years wait for a championship and they sack the guy who brings it home to them. Santa better watch out at
    Xmas as he 'll be shot at Dalyers for being an intruder.