Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Ticket Prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Ticket Prices

So for a "Category A" game if you don't buy your ticket online it will cost you €18 to watch Limerick and kids 7 are they absolutely mental or what.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Don't see any need for the categoy A/B stuff, will just piss people off at the ticket booths.

Maybe it's just a way to get people to buy online I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    The explanation of its great value if you buy a season ticket or buy all your tickets online is a nonsense too. The vast majority of LOI fans are walk ups on the day. Say a family decide oh Limerick are playing Cork we'll head down they get there and its $50 for tickets alone for 2 adults two kids what do people actually think is gonna happen there? Will they go home and have a look to see when the next Category B is or will they just never bother again. Some PR for ticket prices to be going up for any game while we have what we have signed.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya I can see where frustration may be caused if you arrive on the day.

In saying that there were a lot of people complaining at the start of the season that they couldn’t buy tickets online and that it would be way more convenient if they could so that they didn’t have to stand and queue up before a game. They have until 4pm on the day of a match to buy online which is fair enough and will get the tickets at a better price. Potentially you could save money.

For me last year I didn’t have a season ticket but paid €15 into every home game. Now I could pick the same ticket up for €12 to some games, so even if I don’t buy a season ticket I will save on a good lot of games.

If it works out it means the club won’t need people as much for selling tickets at the booth, which would save them time and money I’m sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Ya I can see where frustration may be caused if you arrive on the day.

In saying that there were a lot of people complaining at the start of the season that they couldn’t buy tickets online and that it would be way more convenient if they could so that they didn’t have to stand and queue up before a game. They have until 4pm on the day of a match to buy online which is fair enough and will get the tickets at a better price. Potentially you could save money.

For me last year I didn’t have a season ticket but paid €15 into every home game. Now I could pick the same ticket up for €12 to some games, so even if I don’t buy a season ticket I will save on a good lot of games.

If it works out it means the club won’t need people as much for selling tickets at the booth, which would save them time and money I’m sure.
    Letting people buy tickets online does not equal charging nearly 20 quid for some LOI games. People wanted online ticket sales for sure and they got them last season for the same prices as everyone else one does not equal the other at all like. If you don't have a printer at home and don't have or don't know how to properly use a smartphone you pay more that seems fair.

Why in the name of god would they be paying anyone to take tickets at the gate? Its a collection of volunteers that do it mainly people involved with the clubs kids and their friends.

The vast majority of people going to games do not have season tickets and the vast majority of people going to games do not buy online that is just a simple fact so the argument of its grand for people that do those things is nonsense to me we are going to completely needlessly upset a lot of people by trying to be the clever lads as usual. They would seriously want to have a good side.

As for Waterford being included as a category A is laughable there is no way a game against them is any more appealing than Bohs,Pats or Derry.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I see where you're coming from but equally I think what they're trying is worth a shot. So much will depend on the way the fixtures fall particularly if we end up with a load of midweek fixtures.

i'll probably go with the season ticket again just for convenience. If there's a flaw in our marketing it's how we promote it to kids - Rovers are doing 3 free kids season tickets with every adult which is a brilliant initiative.

We we should definitely have a couple of fixtures next season where it's free in for kids with adults etc. The GAA are brilliant at this kind of stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centenary View Post
    I see where you're coming from but equally I think what they're trying is worth a shot. So much will depend on the way the fixtures fall particularly if we end up with a load of midweek fixtures.

i'll probably go with the season ticket again just for convenience. If there's a flaw in our marketing it's how we promote it to kids - Rovers are doing 3 free kids season tickets with every adult which is a brilliant initiative.

We we should definitely have a couple of fixtures next season where it's free in for kids with adults etc. The GAA are brilliant at this kind of stuff.
    That is actually one of my biggest problems with this new thing I think it is ridiculous to charge 18 euro into any Limerick league game regardless of how or why that is happened to push up the kids prices too is just moronic to me they should have 100% remained as they were. Does nothing for the we are trying to attract families line the club trot out all the time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    €18 to see limerick get relegated no thanks

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Letting people buy tickets online does not equal charging nearly 20 quid for some LOI games. People wanted online ticket sales for sure and they got them last season for the same prices as everyone else one does not equal the other at all like. If you don't have a printer at home and don't have or don't know how to properly use a smartphone you pay more that seems fair.

Why in the name of god would they be paying anyone to take tickets at the gate? Its a collection of volunteers that do it mainly people involved with the clubs kids and their friends.

The vast majority of people going to games do not have season tickets and the vast majority of people going to games do not buy online that is just a simple fact so the argument of its grand for people that do those things is nonsense to me we are going to completely needlessly upset a lot of people by trying to be the clever lads as usual. They would seriously want to have a good side.

As for Waterford being included as a category A is laughable there is no way a game against them is any more appealing than Bohs,Pats or Derry.
    Some clown attending probably his first championship game in the UK discovered this radical way to boost sales .. Categorising LOI games is bizarre.Again very little rational and no discussion with Supporters clubs and organisations that actually follow the team up and down the country.Have we recruited a marketing guru from the Mongolian FA that they forgot to announce ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Was trying to figure this one out, I assume given the regional nature and being a top side - (we) Cork City will bring a crowd up the road, Dundalk again more down to being in the top 2 year after year and Rovers always bring a large (I almost wrote nice) away contingent and all in these 3 sides are good for 500-1000 on the gate. That's only €1500-€3000/game which is worth around €6000-€12.000/season even if the gates are substantially increased to that level.

Waterford have what? A mediocre side and are from Munster, I can't see there being much more than a 100 or so extra, if even that versus say Derry or Sligo.

The €3 on the ticket is a real turn off, it's nearly €20 and that's really not on. For this to work the crowds need to jump and even then when you factor in the clubs operating costs, it seems desperately counter intuitive.
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    All plays into my theory (hope?!) that Neil McDonald is quietly putting a team together in the UK.

Cos if he isn't at 18 quid a pop I can promise you that by the time our second game with Waterford rolls around we won't hit four figures.

The real bad pricing there is 15 quid for the popular side. But I'm almost afraid to give out in case it's fenced off again and there's no elevation in the ground.

15 quid for a slippery muddy bank with no cover. I paid the same into tallaght stadium a few weeks ago. Come off it like.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    All plays into my theory (hope?!) that Neil McDonald is quietly putting a team together in the UK.
    This is the dream and while it remains possible I'm holding onto it.

Surely the club wouldn't hike the door tax prior to putting out a lesser team than the one that just avoided relegation etc

Surely not, surely not Limerick

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If you buy online it's not too bad , same as last year. I presume that's a deterrent for the costs of producing the hard copy ones but Kennedy produces the tickets in his business.

Which makes me wonder why are we paying Donkey McDonald 120k a year while trying to help the club secretary save a few grand at most for his business.