Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1348

Thread: 2018 Transfers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Apparently turned down a full time contract offer from shams (according to several shams).Currently doing an apprenticeship and happy enough to give it another season at Bohs.Technically good left full but needs to work on physical side to fulfill his potential. has the ability to move back to England, very neat and tidy and improved dramatically as the season went on. Thought Dundalk would have been a god fit, and it was rumoured they were interested, but would be more likely to get first team opportunities at Bohs than Oriel.
    Apparently not offered a contract by Rovers (according to several Rovers) due to the fact we are covered completely at left full by two better fullbacks.........Dundalk for same reason.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Apparently turned down a full time contract offer from shams (according to several shams).Currently doing an apprenticeship and happy enough to give it another season at Bohs.Technically good left full but needs to work on physical side to fulfill his potential. has the ability to move back to England, very neat and tidy and improved dramatically as the season went on. Thought Dundalk would have been a god fit, and it was rumoured they were interested, but would be more likely to get first team opportunities at Bohs than Oriel.
    Currently 3 of the best left backs in the league in Tallaght, but you keep telling yourself he was offered a contract by rovers if it makes you feel better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Currently 3 of the best left backs in the league in Tallaght, but you keep telling yourself he was offered a contract by rovers if it makes you feel better.
    Only stating what several shams told me over the last couple of weeks. Personally I don't care either way, just glad he is staying with us, but obviously it upsets you that someone might actually have turned shams down so that's OK.

Wow, only 3 of the best left backs in the league at tallaght ? You lot must be romping away with the League. Maybe Leahy just didn't want to lose all those cup finals Bradser keeps telling us about
    Last edited by marinobohs; 22/10/2018 at 12:07 PM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Currently 3 of the best left backs in the league in Tallaght
    Ally Gilchrist and Luke Byrne are easy calls for the first two. Is Trevor Clarke your third pick?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Ally Gilchrist and Luke Byrne are easy calls for the first two. Is Trevor Clarke your third pick?
    If you can genuinely say that Sean Kavanagh, Luke Byrne and Trevor Clarke aren't 3 of the best in the league you're either thick or deluded.

Now I know certain people here will need this spelling out for them so I think I'll get out in front of it. 3 of the best not the 3 best, there's a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    If you can genuinely say that Sean Kavanagh, Luke Byrne and Trevor Clarke aren't 3 of the best in the league you're either thick or deluded.

Now I know certain people here will need this spelling out for them so I think I'll get out in front of it. 3 of the best not the 3 best, there's a difference.
    With the 'thick or deluded' comment ringing in my ears, I would be interested to hear who else you would consider might among the best left backs in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    With the 'thick or deluded' comment ringing in my ears, I would be interested to hear who else you would consider might among the best left backs in the league.
    I'd put Massey , Jarvis, Kavanagh, Clarke all well ahead of Leahy.
    Joey O Brien is also capable of playing there for us as is Luke Byrne, there is also a kid in the 19's who has featured in the first team squad a few times (name escapes me...very fast kid) who I know is rated highly. We would be verging on Corks appetite for full backs if we were in for Leahy (although I think it was right backs Cork were collecting )

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Only stating what several shams told me over the last couple of weeks. Personally I don't care either way, just glad he is staying with us, but obviously it upsets you that someone might actually have turned shams down so that's OK.

Wow, only 3 of the best left backs in the league at tallaght ? You lot must be romping away with the League. Maybe Leahy just didn't want to lose all those cup finals Bradser keeps telling us about
    You should know by now that there is a large number of Rovers fans who act like they know everything that's going on in the club but actually haven't a clue. I've no idea if Leahy was offered a deal but would be surprised with Clarke and Kavanagh already at the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    You should know by now that there is a large number of Rovers fans who act like they know everything that's going on in the club but actually haven't a clue.
    Thankfully we only get the real 'in the knows' on here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    What do you mean? Are you saying that by the end of the season the majority of Cork fans were happy about the players recruited for 2018?

What caused them to change their mind?

Does the jeering and booing of John Caulfield by some fans and the significant drop in attendances at Turners Cross not indicate a dissatisfaction with the manager and/or the players?
    Sorry, that wasn't clear. At the end of the 2017/2018 pre season, most people were happy with the signings we'd made. Many didn't work out at all, but it wasn't an obviously bad recruitment window at the time.

Did many fans grow very frustrated with Caulfield and the players this season? Yes, of course. I would say the majority did. We just went off a cliff from summer onwards. The cup semi win against Bohs kind of stemmed the tide a bit, and performances aicne then have been significantly more confident, even with weaker teams out. But the parts in between were horrendous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts

I think the real question is why Rovers are paying for the services of 3 (of the best) left backs (in the league)? And not spread the budget across other areas of the pitch where quality is visibly lacking.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I think the real question is why Rovers are paying for the services of 3 (of the best) left backs (in the league)? And not spread the budget across other areas of the pitch where quality is visibly lacking.
    Kavanagh was signed as a winger but given Clarke's injury it made sense to move him back to where he's played much of his senior football but he'll likely return there when Clarke is fit again. On Luke Byrne, I'm not sure. He's seemingly chronically injured but he's involved in coaching underage so maybe it works out better than paying another coach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    There must have been batch of kitchen sinks left over from Roadstone that needed homes and were offered to them, Aaron McEneff has been offered 10 of them I was told by a couple of Rovers fans during the week!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    At the end of the 2017/2018 pre season, most people were happy with the signings we'd made. Many didn't work out at all, but it wasn't an obviously bad recruitment window at the time.
    I can understand that as we were worried about how early Cork seemed to be wrapping up transfer business, days after the cup final and the signings kept on happening for a spell. We on the otherhand looked to be hamstrung by the change of ownership with few of the new signings getting a full preseason including Hoban due to injury. Some of the signings had a couple of weeks and may not have been registered in time for the start of the season. So Cork fans were quite confident while we were already dropping points like early 2017 and playing catchup Wasnt there the great Hoban v Cummins debate and Cork fans adamant that Cummins was the preferred signing! It could and probably should have been better for Cork over the season or at least kept the league alive beyond the last week in September. The draw to St Pats in Turners Cross seemed to turn sections of the crowd and kicked off the great Cork divide on Caulfield. Timely recovery for the cup semi replay and forthcoming cup final slog! Its in the second season that we see the best of our signings Michael Duffy being the best current example so maybe things could come good yet for the lads that joined Cork this season!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    There must have been batch of kitchen sinks left over from Roadstone that needed homes and were offered to them, Aaron McEneff has been offered 10 of them I was told by a couple of Rovers fans during the week!
    I'd be surprised at mceneff we need to save our pennies for a striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Wasnt there the great Hoban v Cummins debate and Cork fans adamant that Cummins was the preferred signing!
    I don't remember that. I wasn't convinced Cummins would be great, I thought 15 goals would be a good return for him. And to be fair he's done that. But we wouldn't afford Hoban last year. And he's blown past everyone's expectations to be fair to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    But we wouldn't afford Hoban last year. And he's blown past everyone's expectations to be fair to him.
    Fair comment.

To be truthful, I didn't expect him to go past 25 league goals

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Clarke and Kavanagh were both signed as wingers. It'll be interesting to see who's kept on next year, my preference would be to keep all 3 and play Kavanagh or Clarke as a winger ank keep luke as a backup left back/left sided centre back of a back 3.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

If we want one of you're players, we'll fu**in get one of your'e players, and theres nothing boez can do about it, as you well know
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    If we want one of you're players, we'll fu**in get one of your'e players, and theres nothing boez can do about it, as you well know
    WOW....

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast