Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Marco to Cork would be interesting.

I think he is John Caulfield's type of player
    He'd have something to prove alright.
    Last edited by White Horse; 09/07/2018 at 12:06 PM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Park_Lane View Post
    We have 4 clean sheets in a row in the league!
    If the limit of Rovers ambitions is to be the perennial 4th place team, then the defense is adequate for that. The 4 consecutive clean sheets and being the team with the 3rd best defensive record in the league is ok.

If you look at the current league table you will see a big gulf in results: the clean sheet and goals conceded record between Rovers to Cork and Dundalk is substantial. The 24 points gap to the top of the table and the goal difference of +17 to + 51 (is that a 300% difference?) illustrates the enormous ground to make up.

Watts, Greene & Mannus will help to bridge this gap for 2019, but a defence that is picking form these guys will continue to suffer
    Ethan Boyle
    Roberto Lopes
    Sam Bone
    Joey O’Brien
    Ally Gilchrist
    Luke Byrne
    Lee Grace

The other major obstacle for a 2019 title challenge is obvious and requires no further comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Dreaming not a chance, I've reliably heard , and i've never heard a figure even remotely like that for Finn.
    Fair enough, watt joined shams because he could get more playing time than at Dundalk (and it was his dream) and took a pay cut from the massive amount he was on at Bohs. Finn is actually playing for his 'love' of shams and has no contract with any company sponsoring a LOI club

.....if thats what you want to believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    If the limit of Rovers ambitions is to be the perennial 4th place team, then the defense is adequate for that. The 4 consecutive clean sheets and being the team with the 3rd best defensive record in the league is ok.

If you look at the current league table you will see a big gulf in results: the clean sheet and goals conceded record between Rovers to Cork and Dundalk is substantial. The 24 points gap to the top of the table and the goal difference of +17 to + 51 (is that a 300% difference?) illustrates the enormous ground to make up.

Watts, Greene & Mannus will help to bridge this gap for 2019, but a defence that is picking form these guys will continue to suffer
    Ethan Boyle
    Roberto Lopes
    Sam Bone
    Joey O’Brien
    Ally Gilchrist
    Luke Byrne
    Lee Grace

The other major obstacle for a 2019 title challenge is obvious and requires no further comment
    Obsessed Much?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Fair enough, watt joined shams because he could get more playing time than at Dundalk (and it was his dream) and took a pay cut from the massive amount he was on at Bohs. Finn is actually playing for his 'love' of shams and has no contract with any company sponsoring a LOI club

Well Watts is not being paid 156K per year if thats what you believe!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Obsessed Much?!
    Just replying to your comment.

If you disagree, by all means offer an alternative opinion, instead of that hackneyed old line

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Very few earning more than that, it just isn't sustainable in the long run for any team, plus you can't have 1 guy on 3k and everyone else ****ed off
    Rumours from opposition fans when finn signed was that he was geting 3k a week, a car, a helicopter and a job at pepper. Although I've never seen that helicopter and he has never worked for pepper.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,272 Posts
    Would that that were so...

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

If you disagree, by all means offer an alternative opinion, instead of that hackneyed old line
    We've conceded ten more goals than Dundalk and that with two **** keepers that conceded a lot of ridiculous goals. Defence really isn't much of a problem, iv'e been more impressed with Boyle that I was with Madden he offers a lot more. Grace is one of the best center backs in the league and we will have Clarke at left back again next season.
    Main problem was the keepers and thats now fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Would that that were so...
    That's hardly a brilliant addition to the discussion

With nearly 29,000 posts on here you are not exactly adverse to making a comment or two yourself
    (even if you are irritated about being called out on some of the bizarre claims you make)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

O'Brien has been great for us apart from the sending off at pats. Grace has not been in the best of form but is still a very decent CD. Ally G will be released come end of season. Not convinced on Boyle either but has had a fair few decent games of late. A decent right back is a priority.
    A back line of
    Manus - Kavanagh - O'Brien - Grace - AN other looks fairly decent for next season.

Rovers like all the other clubs in the league are miles behind the Dundalk and Cork Squads, but its not insurmountable as you are led to believe by your stats.
    We have been inconsistent but so have Derry/Pats etc.
    I honestly take more joy with seeing the likes of Bazunu, Bolger and Brandon Kavanagh coming through than worrying how far we are off from the top 2, we will eventually rise to the top again. Its just a matter of time.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

eh that's not what I said at all , just that they weren't on 3k a week which I doubt anyone on the league is on but don't let what I actually said interfere with what you want to say I said
    How's them lemons ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    That's hardly a brilliant addition to the discussion

With nearly 29,000 posts on here you are not exactly adverse to making a comment or two yourself
    (even if you are irritated about being called out on some of the bizarre claims you make)
    In fairness to him I doubt his percentage on the one topic is as high as yours

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

We probably offered Eoghan Stokes 3k a week as well, but he went to bohs. Wonder what you lot must be paying him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    O'Brien has been great for us apart from the sending off at pats. Grace has not been in the best of form but is still a very decent CD. Ally G will be released come end of season. Not convinced on Boyle either but has had a fair few decent games of late. A decent right back is a priority.
    A back line of
    Manus - Kavanagh - O'Brien - Grace - AN other looks fairly decent for next season.

Rovers like all the other clubs in the league are miles behind the Dundalk and Cork Squads, but its not insurmountable as you are led to believe by your stats.
    We have been inconsistent but so have Derry/Pats etc.
    I honestly take more joy with seeing the likes of Bazunu, Bolger and Brandon Kavanagh coming through than worrying how far we are off from the top 2, we will eventually rise to the top again. Its just a matter of time.
    So you have doubts about Grace, Gilchirst and Boyle?

Throw in reservations about Pico Lopes and Luke Byrne and we are almost in complete agreement - Rovers remain defensively vulnerable despite two excellent signing in Watts and Greene

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Rovers back line next season

Manus
    Boyle.....Grace.....O Brien........Clarke

Clarke coming back will be huge for us. B
    oyle had a bad few games at the start and everyone has taken the lazy view that he was bad at the start he is still bad but for those of us going to all the games Boyle has become huge for us.
    I genuinely think if he leaves us it will be to England.
    Cue lots of disagreement but I think over time people will see this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    So you have doubts about Grace, Gilchirst and Boyle?

Throw in reservations about Pico Lopes and Luke Byrne and we are almost in complete agreement - Rovers remain defensively vulnerable despite two excellent signing in Watts and Greene
    No doubts about Grace, just needs experience beside him. Byrne is a squad player, Pico also a squad player at best.

Our issues this year were goalkeeper related mainly, that has been addressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Agree RE Boyle, not sure he is UK material but has vastly improved since start of season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rovers back line next season

Manus
    Boyle.....Grace.....O Brien........Clarke

Clarke coming back will be huge for us. B
    oyle had a bad few games at the start and everyone has taken the lazy view that he was bad at the start he is still bad but for those of us going to all the games Boyle has become huge for us.
    I genuinely think if he leaves us it will be to England.
    Cue lots of disagreement but I think over time people will see this.
    I respect our view as you have obviously seen much more of these guys than I have, but I can really only go on what I have seen.

I sincerely hope that the Rovers Head Coach and Sporting Director (and whoever else makes up the transfer delegations) agree with your assessment and make no defensive signings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Sam Byrne has joined Dundalk on an 18 month contract following his release by Everton.

Fans haven't seen much of him in his six month loan spell, but Kenny must see enough in training to offer him a deal.

https://www.dundalkfc.com/byrne-sign...nent-contract/

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast