Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New owners at dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    None.
    This looks like a big pressure cooker brewing up for Kenny.
    Pressure to win his 4th title in 5 years? All managers at the top are under pressure to deliver and the same will apply for Caulfield to retain the title that Cork just won.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Caulfield won't be sacked if cork don't retain but if Kenny doesn't deliver with the biggest budget venture capitalists don't do sentiment.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    You could be right, but I don't think they'll sack him if he doesn't win the league this season, as unless a collapse of epic proportions Dundalk will still qualify for Europe. The massive pressure will start if he doesn't win the 2019 league though, I'd totally agree he will be under huge pressure should then, but he is on a 3 year contract so he'll walk away with a nice package, but he wouldn't be happy with that career wise.

The squad is not yet complete, Dundalk need two more strikers, deadline is 22 Feb I think, that's probably the only area the new guys are clear on spending, player investment.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Your seading points will probably guarantee you two rounds in Europe even if you only qualify for the Europa league For the next few seasons......but I wouldn't rule out them deciding early to bring in their own man. Would be harsh but t hats the way these things normally go
    Last edited by sbgawa; 08/02/2018 at 9:03 AM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    With the resources available last year was pretty poor at Dundalk. No major trophy and did nothing in Europe. Would be surprised if Kenny survived another season of the same, that's just the way football is.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Kenny is under more pressure than Caulfield - FACT.

To be serious Dundalk have 2 rounds of being seeded in the EL this year - if they can get to the 3rd round and create an upset there it will create the type of momentum those vulture, I mean venture capitalists are looking for. Problem is are Dundalk as good as the last few years - there is a chance they are as good, but I didn't think SK did well in the Transfer market last year - the new signings have to improve the team.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Fans of rival clubs are hardly going to be able to create "pressure" by message board comments.

It is performance v expectations that creates it among supporters and owners. He has delivered against that yardstick in 4 of the last 5 years.

He is a driven personality who creates and makes strong demands of himself and those around him. He thrives in this type of pressure to achieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Fans of rival clubs are hardly going to be able to create "pressure" by message board comments.
    You have told me that before I had 3,184 sorry 3,185 posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

It is performance v expectations that creates it among supporters and owners. He has delivered against that yardstick in 4 of the last 5 years.

He is a driven personality who creates and makes strong demands of himself and those around him. He thrives in this type of pressure to achieve.

Yes the 3 or 4 comments on here are the pressure builders , not having a foreign VC fund sitting on his shoulder compared to the local boys.
    In fairness foreign owners and VC are known for their patience.
    Recognising Kenny is under more pressure with the new owners than the local boys is just common sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    With the resources available last year was pretty poor at Dundalk. No major trophy and did nothing in Europe. Would be surprised if Kenny survived another season of the same, that's just the way football is.
    Is the league cup not one of the three major throphies anymore? Not being smart, but I'd still consider it worth winning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Maybe he does, but we'd need to know Is he still careless with the oul Jumpers though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    League Cup is a nice addition to have to your season but I wouldn't consider it a major trophy, League and FAI Cup are the obvious ones. If a club is on the up or a mid table side, it can certainly offer a nice end to a season. When Dundalk started out with Kenny it was the first trophy won under his mgt in 2014 in his second year, and it definitely helped as the first league title was won 6 weeks later.

On last year for Dundalk, I would still rate it as a bit disappointing, even though beaten on pens in the cup final, and very close in Europe (hit the bar in last min of ET which would have put them through on away goals, still went out) but end of the day the league was over by mid season really, and that's your real measure of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Kenny is under contract until 2020 is he not? Surely if Dundalk finish in the top three he’ll be still be manager going into the following season. The club would surely be better off investing the money into the squad over as opposed to paying Kenny off for two years?

15. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,256 Posts
    Wasn't it only last month you were saying a twitter poll indicated Bradley was likely to be the first manager sacked this year?

But now fans on the internet don't affect things?

Which is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Wasn't it only last month you were saying a twitter poll indicated Bradley was likely to be the first manager sacked this year?

But now fans on the internet don't affect things?

Which is it?
    I should not bother (and won't beyond this one response to you) as you are clearly trolling and probably unwillingly or unable to understand.

The twitter poll indicated the opinions of those who voted.

Posters on foot.ie saying SK is or will be under pressure does not actually create pressure on him - he is most likely oblivious to them.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,256 Posts
    The twitter poll indicated the opinions of those who voted.
    Yup. But that's not what you said originally. You said it "suggested he was twice as likely to be sacked" than Liam Buckley - so it could have a tangible effect.

Maybe you're learning after all; it is of course correct, as you now say, that internet chat won't affect Kenny in the slightest. But I suspect it's more that you have one rule for talking about Dundalk and one rule for talking about other clubs (Rovers mostly)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yup. But that's not what you said originally. You said it "suggested he was twice as likely to be sacked" than Liam Buckley - so it could have a tangible effect.

Maybe you're learning after all; it is of course correct, as you now say, that internet chat won't affect Kenny in the slightest. But I suspect it's more that you have one rule for talking about Dundalk and one rule for talking about other clubs (Rovers mostly)
    Nope - I said nothing about " a tangible effect", just what the poll suggested. Pretty simply really.

Your condescending comment about "learning after all" certainly follows your usual arrogant attitude.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Great discussion guys.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Nope - I said nothing about " a tangible effect", just what the poll suggested. Pretty simply really.

Your condescending comment about "learning after all" certainly follows your usual arrogant attitude.
    The only difference between comenting on a Twitter poll and talking about people's views on Kenny on foot.ie is that youj like raising negatives about bradser but don't like people discussing Kenny. No one is having a go at kenny just recognising the new reality of working for a vc compared to two local lads
    Last edited by sbgawa; 09/02/2018 at 5:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,353 Posts
    This is like the foot.ie equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?".
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast