Thanked in
    652 Posts
    I should know better at this stage

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Ezekials hard on for Rovers is as strong as ever.
    He needs a nurse with one of them cold spoons to sort it out.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The only difference between comenting on a Twitter poll and talking about people's views on Kenny on foot.ie is that youj like raising negatives about bradser but don't like people discussing Kenny. No one is having a go at kenny just recognising the new reality of working for a vc compared to two local lads
    I have no issue with a discussion on Stephen Kenny or Dundalk - the point I made about "pressure" was pretty clear.

However it is also clear that many of the most recent posters on this thread (including you) are really more exercised with Bradley and Rovers related comments I have made.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Wouldn't think he is old enough for that yet.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Is the league cup not one of the three major throphies anymore? Not being smart, but I'd still consider it worth winning
    I guess it depends on the club

It doesn't carry much kudos amongst Derry City fans, but that's because we got bored winning the thing all the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    Its a bit like the league cup in England , no one cares, the only way it makes any ripple is if the final is between two big teams...
    I'd say the sponsors probably spend the early rounds on their knees praying to Saint Jude that the reserve sides of the big teams get through a few rounds to the point where they start to care.
    I'd say the FAI cup would start to head that direction too if they took away the Europa league place...........just like English Premier now its all about qualifying for Europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    I see peak 6 have sold up in Bournemouth.
    Can't figure if that is good news (pulling out of europe) bad news (loads of money to spend in dundalk) or no news at all......probably the latter

Depends on your perspective of course
    Last edited by sbgawa; 28/01/2019 at 7:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I see peak 6 have sold up in Bournemouth.
    Can't figure if that is good news (pulling out of europe) bad news (loads of money to spend in dundalk) or no news at all......probably the latter

Depends on your perspective of course
    I’d say it’s no news in relation to Dundalk. They’ve probably made a profit on what they invested in Bournemouth and it looks like the Russian owner wanted full control. Though if it means they’ve more cash to splash on football we’ll happily help them out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    Bad news so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    P6 only recently spent 300K kitting out the YDC behind the shed in Oriel Park this winter, upgrading and increasing the gym size, building new dressing rooms, and I think the underground car park will be also upgraded soon for better use. They also did some work on the bar inside the YDC, it was open for the two home euro games last season, but I think it’s also due to be expanded. Therefore it wouldn't appear they are looking to move on in the short / medium term.

Spectator facility improvements for both home and away would be nice if its next on their list!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    And just a bit of an image revamp for the ground would do, as much as I hate to be so superficial. I don't really mind watching a game in **** conditions myself. But would prefer if the home of the team that's utterly dominated the last period in the league was a bit more presentable on telly. Genuinely think it damages the credibility of the league. It's not that Oriel looks bad, it looks terrible.

It's a pity because the Dundalk teams over the last few years have been admirable. Not intended as a dig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    ORIEL - Bournemouth fans are glad to see the back of the p6 stake ownership because until the current owners got 100% ownershgip the move to a new ground was being held up.
    P6 will be doing nothing in OP anytime.
    Bottom line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    A shade over 10,000 to see Bournemouth hammer Chelsea last night. Fair to say AFCB are being held back by the limitations of their ground.... sounds familiar!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    A shade over 10,000 to see Bournemouth hammer Chelsea last night. Fair to say AFCB are being held back by the limitations of their ground.... sounds familiar!
    Their ground isn't a ****hole though, just small.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    ORIEL - Bournemouth fans are glad to see the back of the p6 stake ownership because until the current owners got 100% ownershgip the move to a new ground was being held up.
    P6 will be doing nothing in OP anytime.
    Bottom line.
    It wouldn't appear P6 have interest in spectator improvements at the minute, I think that's fairly clear. How much would a damn roof cost for both sides of the stand, install lighting and build toilets? no one is asking for an overnight miracle but basic improvements wouldn't be too much to ask for.

When they leave, and they will at some point, it will be dreadful if no spectator improvements are made to show for the legacy of the successful period from 2013 onwards.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

When they leave, and they will at some point, it will be dreadful if no spectator improvements are made to show for the legacy of the successful period from 2013 onwards.
    Peak6 have nothing to do with the period prior to Jan 2018.

Even if they gave some mixed messages during the year, they were crystal clear on their intentions from the start. Its just that some fans did not want to hear.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    It wouldn't appear P6 have interest in spectator improvements at the minute, I think that's fairly clear. How much would a damn roof cost for both sides of the stand, install lighting and build toilets? no one is asking for an overnight miracle but basic improvements wouldn't be too much to ask for.

Investing in Dundalk was a business decision for them.

Their aim is clearly to make money via Europe. Putting money into the ground will do little or nothing to aid that, and be guaranteed to cost them money. So it's a mystery why anyone thinks they would want to do it ?

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    In a thread started by a shams fan about Dundalk. no double standards there now (or maybe shams like the cold spoon treatment ?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I think the issue people probably have is not that P6 have gone against their word.

Let's say if I was a Dundalk fan who was unhappy when P6 came on board with little or no interest in improving the ground, I'd still be unhappy about it in 2019. It wouldn't mean I've forgotten anything, it just means I still don't like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    It's obvious of course why P6 came onboard in the first place, to get a return on their investment and in Ireland, that's via Europe only.

Ezk point also correct, pre 2018, nothing to do with them, but DFC supporters are still entitled to be disappointed with the lack of almost any ground improvement in recent years.

I still think the basics could be done, and a lot of this won't cost massive money either. The appetite to even look at that is more disappointing really, they have only been there one full year, and that's fair enough, but there was still time for example during the winter to get things spectator related improvements in place, nothing happened as expected of course.
    Last edited by oriel; 31/01/2019 at 1:55 PM.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast