Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So about those wacky off seasons we have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I enjoyed the actual season there the season before last in the first that was good craic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Looking like one of the lads that have been holding out is about to commit club got that one right if it happens need the rest now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    I think I enjoy the offseason more than the season.
    In the 25 years or so I'm following it Limerick have had a total of maybe three and a half good seasons and at least 20 brilliantly entertaining off seasons.

You'd want to be off your game to prefer the ****e we watch every week to the rumour mill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    You're off YOUR case, chief

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    The way some on here are volunteering info on the club and especially the squad i am now waiting with bated breath to hear what time the likes of Duggan and Lynch[plenty wouldnt lose any sleep if he did go but he wont anyway as there are no clubs breaking the door down to get him] take a sh-te in the morning.The very least the squad needed to do was stay in the division,so how this would constitute a pay rise in any form for players on good wages already is beyond me.I would wager the club didnt even talk to McNamee as Cork had their work done early doors,we are not in a position to compete at that level for players anyway.The apathy attitude that does desend on Limerick followers preseason can certainly be attributed to certain club business but its also greatly hepled by the ...phantom insiders..on all forms of social media sprouting rubbish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Let's all sit on our hands til February

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I hope they are coming back.

And they're sitting down to their fried bread this morning laughing about the team of league one and two ankle shatterers they've put together to romp the Paddy Premier Division (I would support this team a million percent)
    Me too, I'd love it, half a dozen six foot five muscle and bone merchants with nothing behind the eyes but venom and f*ck all in their heads only their contract who give the badge the odd kiss and off we go. A new dawn, a new day, a happier brighter day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    No problem people disagree with me and I may be being a bit harsh about how things are going so far. But tell me what do people consider a successful season next season? Is mid-table fine again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    The way some on here are volunteering info on the club and especially the squad i am now waiting with bated breath to hear what time the likes of Duggan and Lynch[plenty wouldnt lose any sleep if he did go but he wont anyway as there are no clubs breaking the door down to get him] take a sh-te in the morning.The very least the squad needed to do was stay in the division,so how this would constitute a pay rise in any form for players on good wages already is beyond me.I would wager the club didnt even talk to McNamee as Cork had their work done early doors,we are not in a position to compete at that level for players anyway.The apathy attitude that does desend on Limerick followers preseason can certainly be attributed to certain club business but its also greatly hepled by the ...phantom insiders..on all forms of social media sprouting rubbish.
    The club lost any right they ever had to do their business privately when club employees fed your pal Alan to info to try a hatchet job on the 3 lads released.

Also any apathy towards the club is the clubs own doing the voices of anyone on social media wouldn't matter an inch of they were ever proven wrong.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    The club lost any right they ever had to do their business privately when club employees fed your pal Alan to info to try a hatchet job on the 3 lads released.

Also any apathy towards the club is the clubs own doing the voices of anyone on social media wouldn't matter an inch of they were ever proven wrong.
    The hatchet job didn't stop at the three released, it continues to this day, and has nothing to do with football. The apathy toward the club is based on a well established pattern of making a complete ****** of anything they touch... Unqualified, Unprofessional, Unethical and drowning in mediocrity. You got to ask why the business community in Limerick have not shown a blind bit of interest in the revival of "senior soccer" in the Markets Field. Could it be, some have had a look at the bottom feeders and gave it a miss ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlepook View Post
    The hatchet job didn't stop at the three released, it continues to this day, and has nothing to do with football. The apathy toward the club is based on a well established pattern of making a complete ****** of anything they touch... Unqualified, Unprofessional, Unethical and drowning in mediocrity. You got to ask why the business community in Limerick have not shown a blind bit of interest in the revival of "senior soccer" in the Markets Field. Could it be, some have had a look at the bottom feeders and gave it a miss ....
    I'm sure as with everything else in some peoples eyes the business community won't get involved because some fans of the club have the cheek to question what is being done. The fact that there are some that continue to blindly believe the nonsense trotted out baffles me.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Who would you chose to run the club instead?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I'll do it.

But I want paying.

Lot of crap to put up with from people like me.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Who would you chose to run the club instead?

The past tense of choose is chose ... Probably someone with a grasp of English would help. Not that I'd wait in the long grass to ridicule an opinion, but who would you choose ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts

The past tense of choose is chose ... Probably someone with a grasp of English would help. Not that I'd wait in the long grass to ridicule an opinion, but who would you choose ?
    What’s me writing chose instead of choose got to do with anything? It’s a straight forward question.

I asked who would you choose and you have deflected.

I don’t know who could run the club at the moment bar the people involved so I wouldn’t have an opinion on someone different.

It’s a thankless job. Easiest thing for you to do is sit and ridicule the club online but unless you have some constructive alternative, you are talking out your arse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Kieran Judge is one of the best in the country at what he does but who else actually runs the club? Obviously Pat puts the money in but I doubt he does much to run the thing day other than that I can think of nobody other than Judge. There isn't a single actual football man running the football club other than Kieran anyway.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    "I don’t know who could run the club at the moment bar the people involved so I wouldn’t have an opinion on someone different"
    Would you not give Michael O Leary some consideration, seems to have done a cracking job at Ryanair. A little unpopular with pilots at the moment and his scratchcards are suspect, but that's just my opinion - I note you don't do opinions

It’s a thankless job ..
    So is mine, but that's the capitalist cycle called work.So no one currently involved in the administration of the club gets paid?
    Easiest thing for you to do is sit and ridicule the club online.
    And the hardest is watching a hatchet job being done on players and bought aspirational journalists - I don't confine my criticism to online."
    "constructive alternative"
    Our horrified investor who discovered half way through the season that he had a Mongolian adventure turkey on his hands."
    "talking out your arse"
    Subjective .. Try Objective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    "I don’t know who could run the club at the moment bar the people involved so I wouldn’t have an opinion on someone different"
    Would you not give Michael O Leary some consideration, seems to have done a cracking job at Ryanair. A little unpopular with pilots at the moment and his scratchcards are suspect, but that's just my opinion - I note you don't do opinions

It’s a thankless job ..
    So is mine, but that's the capitalist cycle called work.So no one currently involved in the administration of the club gets paid?
    Easiest thing for you to do is sit and ridicule the club online.
    And the hardest is watching a hatchet job being done on players and bought aspirational journalists - I don't confine my criticism to online."
    "constructive alternative"
    Our horrified investor who discovered half way through the season that he had a Mongolian adventure turkey on his hands."
    "talking out your arse"
    Subjective .. Try Objective

At the rate Michael O’Leary is losing pilots due to contract issues, I wouldn’t let him near the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Kieran Judge is one of the best in the country at what he does but who else actually runs the club? Obviously Pat puts the money in but I doubt he does much to run the thing day other than that I can think of nobody other than Judge. There isn't a single actual football man running the football club other than Kieran anyway.
    Kieran is the only one ”running” the club and Pat owns it so all decisions are ultimately down to him. Neil McDonald would onbviously have a say on the playing side of things but that’s it as far as I know. That’s outside of the volunteers and the ones that help match day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Kieran is the only one ”running” the club and Pat owns it so all decisions are ultimately down to him. Neil McDonald would onbviously have a say on the playing side of things but that’s it as far as I know. That’s outside of the volunteers and the ones that help match day.
    Ya I am not having a go there but we most definitely need more people involved and here has 100% been people thinking about getting involved which isn't great. A 3 man board of a football club where only one really knows anything about the game is not a good mix have to appreciate Pat but he isn't a football man like.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast