Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So about those wacky off seasons we have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I’d give the club time because we are only a few weeks after the season has ended. If this was a few weeks into December then I’d be asking serious questions. The negotiations have only just begun, give it time.

Usually when rumours start the truth is somewhere in the middle. The club will say we offered great wages, a player will say he is offered crap wages. All that talk is fluff really. If a deal can’t be made with a player, that’s life, you move on and try sign someone else. I’d rather the club know where they stand in the next week or so we last years players and start making progress elsewhere. From what we have been hearing that’s what the club are trying to do. Find out where they stand with current players. None of us know the exact ins and outs. Some players might be getting more wages, some might be getting offered less, some might be getting more but not enough more.

Cameron should just be released because he has failed to make the starting team in 4 months of being at the club and it’s as simple as that

Who have we signed so far:

Chiedozie Ogbene
    Brendan Clarke
    Freddy Hall
    Killian Brouder
    Henry Cameron
    Barry Cotter
    Cian Coleman

We are probably have more signed on than normal at this stage. The club are still talking to players and talking to potential signings so we need to relax for a few weeks yet. If no progress is made in the next two weeks then questions will have to be asked.
    Except that I do know that all of those not re-signed yet have been offered the same as last year no less no more. I agree if a deal can't be made with a player we move on and thats fine but if a deal is there to be made and we just won't budge that is different. How many of the list of re-signed players are actually good enough for a team in the premier division trying to progress above where we were last season, I make it 3 including 2 goalkeepers and one maybe.

As weird as it will sound from what I am saying I'm not even panicking yet for next season I just think the club need to know they better get it right this time. My big concern is some of the stories coming out of negotiations are just plain embarrassing for the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Open your eyes. Even the manager thinks Lee J isn't worth keeping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Open your eyes. Even the manager thinks Lee J isn't worth keeping.
    You literally just said he is the best we can get to sign for us, as in you yourself said that. So are you now disagreeing with yourself? The fact you even tried to use him being the best we can get to sign for us to try and insult him is brilliant tbh.

Still waiting for you to name someone we have right now better than him.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    You literally just said he is the best we can get to sign for us, as in you yourself said that. So are you now disagreeing with yourself? The fact you even tried to use him being the best we can get to sign for us to try and insult him is brilliant tbh.

In terms of negotiations with players, if Cameron is contracted for next year, I'd be negotiating a settlement of 2/3 months and good luck to him as he is dire. The real worry is the lack of confirmed signings when in discussion with targets .. Hardly inspiring stuff from the most lacklustre inefficient board in the country.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

He's the best we can get right now doesn't make him Maradona. He's not going to win you any games, doesn't score enough, doesn't assist enough. He's the definition of a flattering to deceive midfielder that runs around a lot. And he's the best we can get, it doesn't make him anywhere near the top table of midfielders.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    We are a week on from a deadline given to our own players to sign without a single one of em signed never mind making a top signing like that would have been.
    What was this deadline? 'You have to sign with us by Wednesday or else'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    He's the best we can get right now doesn't make him Maradona. He's not going to win you any games, doesn't score enough, doesn't assist enough. He's the definition of a flattering to deceive midfielder that runs around a lot. And he's the best we can get, it doesn't make him anywhere near the top table of midfielders.
    Literally nobody said he was I have said he is our best which he is so you agree with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    You'd rather have an average midfielder who moans about other players' wages and doesn't win us enough games? I prefer not to, thanks.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    We are a week on from a deadline given to our own players to sign without a single one of em signed never mind making a top signing like that would have been.
    So what's not being done, out of interest, in your opinion, that should be being done ? The players we want to keep are under offer within a week of the season ending, unwanted players cleared out, a decent signing has been announced and other signings being worked on according to the statement announcing that signing. Is that not, at this stage, improvement on this time last year and significant improvement on the relegation year at this stage ? From memory, I think it is.

What also improved was our league position, we have just finished 7th, a position clubs like St Pats & Sligo would readily swap with us, clubs who have been champions of Ireland as recently as we were homeless. St Pats toyed with us a year ago in the final remember, and we just collected more league points than they did a season later. That's improvement.

So your entire base for this ranting about how anything and everything is wrong, is based upon four players, two of whom are mercenary journeymen taking their time over their offer, hardly a big surprise now is it, and two other lads. I would like to see all sign on too but you seem to be taking something outside of the clubs control, exaggerating the negative within it to a ridiculous extent and banging on about only that. One of those mercenary journeymen only started to show any form come contract time too remember.

As I have previously said, the jury comes in, in a big way, on NMcD and indeed how the club is run after this window, but not until then and because things were poorly done before is not reason to confirm things are being badly done again, after all didn't the manager get the door who didn't secure the signings last year, so there is demonstrable proof of awareness this needs fixing and I assume NMcD is picking up good money in order to do just that, which he needs to. Agreed.

But you on here bawling your hole off cos it's not all done inside ten days is ridiculous in my opinion.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You'd rather have an average midfielder who moans about other players' wages and doesn't win us enough games? I prefer not to, thanks.
    As opposed to a **** poor left sided gutless One cap wonder midfielder, who won't run around all day and can't get a sniff of the first team .. YEP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    You said he was the best we can sign back now you don't wanna sign him the lengths you are going to just to disagree with me are getting sad now. Like literally about a comment or two ago you said he was the best we could sign haha

I've a few questions

Rather have him than what you didn't make that clear? I'd rather have him than not have him? I'd say 99% would rather have him than not same with Hery same with Duggy.

When and where did he complain about other peoples wages?

He didn't win us enough games? Is that not a team thing no? Just his fault is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    What was this deadline? 'You have to sign with us by Wednesday or else'?
    Exactly.

And your man is on about Lee J this & Lee J that like the guy invented the step over I would keep him if we can because that's where we are at, but the likes of BWA & Co on here won't be happy till we are challenging the top three clubs, and I'll tell you one thing if we are building a side to do that, it won't be built around midfielders like him IMO so its all nonsense anyway. Criticism for criticisms sake. There is a way more on here about lads who haven't signed or might not sign than the lad we have signed and that's the proof of it, only interested in f*kcin whinging.

As someone who watched us first in 1987, these are not bad times like think of this clubs journey over the last twenty years, we are complaining we only finished seventh in the Prem. Take an overview, or a few valium, but chill out a touch and maybe enjoy it a bit ?
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 09/11/2017 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    He didn't win us enough games? Is that not a team thing no? Just his fault is it?
    Think his point was he's in the assists / creative role or goal scoring midfielder one and you need that guy to open sides up and he hasn't, not enough. And in that I agree with him. He is nice to watch but not enough end product, no, not to warrant all this noise anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Just a few things.

The lads listed as signed is not a positive. Hall and Clarke - one of them is a massive waste of money. You decide!

Cotter and Brouder - Nowhere near the required standard.

Coleman - I don't think any of us have him pegged as a starter.

Whitehead - in an ideal world a mediocre premier teams third choice centre half.

The talk that the players who were offered the same deals as last year must have been on good money because we had a good budget is disingenuous at best considering what happened the squad throughout last season. Offering Hery and Tosi the same as last year would be utterly bizarre aswell.

Lee Lynch shold have been signed... No I don't think he's fantabulous. But he had a decent year in a terrible side. And optics people. OPTICS. The optics with Limerick are all wrong all off season every off season. Players around the league all talk to one another. Lee Jay has been around the league. If you're gowling him around a bit it's not great. For the record I think he'll end up signing because I don't think he has any better offers. But if his demands weren't outlandish they should have been met.

People are throwing cork and shamrock and dundalk around aswell. Nobody expects us to go down and poach Conor McCormack. What I would expect from us is to be doing our business like a bohs or a sligo both of whom off the top of my head are much further along the line to next season than we are. We had the fifth highest attendance in the country last season despite being absolutely desperate. Just how small do you want us to be?

There seems to be this daft game we play every year where we try to outsmart everyone, scoff at the fools spending the big bucks. The end result? You gaze in horror at Aidan Prices corpse siezing up in front of the clown you have in goals. Just once, I'd like to see Limerick do their business right.

My mind boggles at the thought of a management team on the guts of 200k between them being hamstrung by penny pinching on the playing side. I reckon for half it you could, for example, get Keith long and his entire backroom team to crawl backwards through barbed wire from dalymount park.

My mind boggles at the fact we have 3(THREE) people dealing with signing players.

The Off Season - Better than the season season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Exactly.

And your man is on about Lee J this & Lee J that like the guy invented the step over I would keep him if we can because that's where we are at, but the likes of BWA & Co on here won't be happy till we are challenging the top three clubs, and I'll tell you one thing if we are building a side to do that, it won't be built around midfielders like him IMO so its all nonsense anyway. Criticism for criticisms sake. There is a way more on here about lads who haven't signed or might not sign than the lad we have signed and that's the proof of it, only interested in f*kcin whinging.

As someone who watched us first in 1987, these are not bad times like think of this clubs journey over the last twenty years, we are complaining we only finished seventh in the Prem. Take an overview, or a few valium, but chill out a touch and maybe enjoy it a bit ?
    You say this every single time someone says something not nice about the club oh the negative people oh they just wanna whinge. You were definitely one of the people talking about the negative people just looking for bad things to say before we went 21 games without a win and got releagted. The fact that 7th is progress this year mainly because we went and got ourselves relegated through our own stupidity is lost on you isn't it? As for the the challenging for the top 3 nonsense the usual over-exaggeration bull I could say jesus Duggy has had a bad few weeks and you and others would be on what do you mean Duggy never played a good game in his life. I'm one of the first on here as soon as the club do something good to praise them too but ignore that cos it doesn't suit you.

And the Lee J I mentioned him as an example because I think he is the best player we have yet to re-sign as pointed out the reason I am talking "Lee J this and Lee J that" with another poster could possibly have something to do with the fact me and that poster are having a discussion about Lee J is that really that hard for you o figure out? And ya you are right he definitely isn't the type of midfielder you have in a team looking to finish top 3 I mean look at his times at Pats and Sligo all he ever won there was a league and two FAI cups definitely not fit to be in a team doing well.

The we were worse before argument is just a lazy lazy argument. Am I being a bit over the top maybe with some of the criticism more than likely yes I'm probably taking some of my annoyance over last season out is it for no reason not at all I know some of what is going on and it will come out in time.

Now please fill us in on the details of our new signing so we can discuss him at lenght.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 09/11/2017 at 1:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    My mind boggles at the thought of a management team on the guts of 200k between them being hamstrung by penny pinching on the playing side.
    Maybe they won't come back no more, they might be in Benidorm with a Union Jack on their balcony and a big bag of pills & a fridge of cans laughing like mad at their own stories of their time in Limerick in the Eire.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 09/11/2017 at 1:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Think his point was he's in the assists / creative role or goal scoring midfielder one and you need that guy to open sides up and he hasn't, not enough. And in that I agree with him. He is nice to watch but not enough end product, no, not to warrant all this noise anyway.
    I may be wrong but someone that does all this stuff told me he has in double figures for assists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    So what's not being done, out of interest, in your opinion, that should be being done ? The players we want to keep are under offer within a week of the season ending, unwanted players cleared out, a decent signing has been announced and other signings being worked on according to the statement announcing that signing. Is that not, at this stage, improvement on this time last year and significant improvement on the relegation year at this stage ? From memory, I think it is.

What also improved was our league position, we have just finished 7th, a position clubs like St Pats & Sligo would readily swap with us, clubs who have been champions of Ireland as recently as we were homeless. St Pats toyed with us a year ago in the final remember, and we just collected more league points than they did a season later. That's improvement.

So your entire base for this ranting about how anything and everything is wrong, is based upon four players, two of whom are mercenary journeymen taking their time over their offer, hardly a big surprise now is it, and two other lads. I would like to see all sign on too but you seem to be taking something outside of the clubs control, exaggerating the negative within it to a ridiculous extent and banging on about only that. One of those mercenary journeymen only started to show any form come contract time too remember.

As I have previously said, the jury comes in, in a big way, on NMcD and indeed how the club is run after this window, but not until then and because things were poorly done before is not reason to confirm things are being badly done again, after all didn't the manager get the door who didn't secure the signings last year, so there is demonstrable proof of awareness this needs fixing and I assume NMcD is picking up good money in order to do just that, which he needs to. Agreed.

But you on here bawling your hole off cos it's not all done inside ten days is ridiculous in my opinion.

Look at what you have to use as comparisons to justify it a season when we were relegated and one where we were in a relegation battle hardly a high bar to rise above. Why not have it better or even the same as the season we were going into the first divison when we had everyone signed up within no time at all no fussing no waiting just done quickly and efficiently.

If we had finished last it would have been an improvement on last season considering it was a division higher, really wanna use getting ourselves relegated as a marker to say sher thats progress.

My base for ranting is about knowing the details of some of the dealings with our current crop and some of our attempts at signing players so far this off season. if it works out and the club manages to pull off getting all the lads they want cheaper than fine but I don't see it working like that as it hasn't in the past. It isn't outside the clubs control at all either how is the club re-signing someone outside of the clubs control,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Maybe they won't come back no more, they might be in Benidorm with a Union Jack on their balcony and a big bag of pills & a fridge of cans laughing like mad at their own stories of their time in Limerick in the Eire.
    I hope they are coming back.

And they're sitting down to their fried bread this morning laughing about the team of league one and two ankle shatterers they've put together to romp the Paddy Premier Division (I would support this team a million percent)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I think I enjoy the offseason more than the season.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast