Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    McNamee signs for Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I am absolutely shocked that the club made a balls of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    We are a week on from a deadline given to our own players to sign without a single one of em signed never mind making a top signing like that would have been.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Some weeks ago McNamee was mentioned as a potential signing for the Markets Field side, but unfortunately, it seems that Limerick cannot compete in the transfer market once Cork City are shopping ....

We can't do nothing right .. It's the perennial Limerick problem .. But, what are we sending out to bat for us.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Another imminent announcement that turned out to be a puff of smoke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I'd love for us just once to show a bit of ambition and go out and make something happen the only time we have ever done that is while in the first division on two occasions.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    McNamee was a terrible miss so he`s going to stay in Limerick but he will travel rather than play for Limerick.
    Penalty Kick not converted. If that one can`t be tied up what can????
    Lots of players offered quite a bit less than they were on last year by all accounts.
    Tosi & Hery leaving would be the nail in the coffin.
    Can`t see Dozie staying either.
    Also Chris Coleman isn`t a player for next year. maybe 1-2 years time
    (will prob make a good 1st division player the year after next)
    At least Henry Cameron will remain onwards and upwards

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I don't think McNamee signing for the league champions an hour down the road constitutes a failure to be honest.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Nah me either it was a fantastic success for Cork City that is.
    he`d rather travel 3 hours minimum a day 5 days a week from UL to Curraheen.
    why bother trying to sign any top quality players when the league champions are so close.
    In the meantime lose half of your current players also.
    Fantastic Masterplan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Players were offered same as last year. None of them were offered any less. Considering they just managed to keep us up I don't see why they should be paid more.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas3Formation View Post
    In the meantime lose half of your current players also.
    No one we want to keep, and have offered deals to have been announced by another club as signed as yet, they haven't signed up for us either I accept but lets see a fuller picture of the squad we start next season with before declaring failure and sky fall.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I don't think McNamee signing for the league champions an hour down the road constitutes a failure to be honest.
    Or me, would have been nice if it happened but if I was McNamee I wouldn't sign for us either, the double champions wanted him & we took a shot but he chose Cork. It happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    He isn't going to UL either as far as I know. Its not the missing out on McNamee that bothers me its the fact they had all their excuses made before they ever did speak to him.

As for the players didn't do well so didn't deserve more money talk,nonsense. Does Dean Clarke deserve more money no does Dave O'Connor deserve more money no but do Rodrigo Tosi who took a cheap "prove yourself" deal deserve more? Does Bastien who proved he could become one of the league's best midfielder deserve a bit more? Does Lee J Lynch who has performed since he came here but now earns less a week than Henry Cameron deserve more? Nobody deserves mental money extra but lets not fall for the nonsense put out every year that anyone that wants a bit more is just being greedy.

They killed any argument they had for not giving some people more money by making Henry Cameron one of the highest paid at the club I've heard all the he is the highest paid and amounts going around that are nonsense but he is one of the highest and club haven't a leg to stand on with someone like Lee J over that. It's far from time to really start panicking for next season but to not have a single one of those players named above plus Shane Duggan not re-signed and having 2 of 3 of them actively looking for ways out of the club sure isn't a good start to the off season and benefit of the doubt is not something the lads running the club have earned. I'll believe things are good when I can see they are not the other way around based on our recent history.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 08/11/2017 at 4:59 PM.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Players were offered the same or similar deals as last year. Considering we were spending a lot of money then surely the vast majority are on good wages. Players are keeping their options open and looking elsewhere to get a better deal here or move on. There is nothing wrong with it and nearly every player in the league is doing it. Bar the top few clubs no one is signing up lots of players. The top teams are offering players extremely good wages and two year deals and it’s a simple choice for them. We are a less attractive club so players will keep their options open.

At the end of the day there are plenty of players out there. Proof of this was Hery and Tosi. Nobody would have had a clue who they were but they ended up being great signings. I’d rather pick up another Hery on decent wages than an average LOI player on high wages.

Give the club time. If players aren’t signing the deals I’d rather it be known now so the club can look elsewhere rather than waiting weeks/months to find out if players are signing back. It’s a balancing act.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 08/11/2017 at 5:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Players were offered the same or similar deals as last year. Considering we were spending a lot of money then surely the vast majority are on good wages. Players are keeping their options open and looking elsewhere to get a better deal here or move on. There is nothing wrong with it and nearly every player in the league is doing it. Bar the top few clubs no one is signing up lots of players. The top teams are offering players extremely good wages and two year deals and it’s a simple choice for them. We are a less attractive club so players will keep their options open.

At the end of the day there are plenty of players out there. Proof of this was Hery and Tosi. Nobody would have had a clue who they were but they ended up being great signings. I’d rather pick up another Hery on decent wages than an average LOI player on high wages.

Give the club time. If players aren’t signing the deals I’d rather it be known now so the club can look elsewhere rather than waiting weeks/months to find out if players are signing back. It’s a balancing act.
    Yes we did have a very good budget last year but instead of looking at it the way of well that means the players were on decent money so lets not give em any more why not say we had a very good budget with players on good money we have now lost Robbie Williams, Ian Turner, Paul O'Conor, Stephen Kenny, John O'Flynn, Shaun Kelly and I might even be forgetting someone who were all on decent money so surely we have enough there to give one or two players small increases to ensure we have our best players from last season going forward. For example why in the name of god would Lee J Lynch accept a cent less than Henry Cameron? There is a hell of a difference between players keeping their options open and openly telling people they would rather be anywhere but here we will of course still keep one or two of the lads that feel like that but its not exactly a great way to lead to success is it having people that stay because they have no choice rather than actually being happy here. An example of how that can affect someone is Shane Duggan last year. As your rightly say its a balancing act but surely the balance would be to give one or two slight increases to keep them and not give others more, not exactly a balance to not offer anyone any more.

There are plenty of players out there and there have been plenty of players out there for years and years and all the while our greatest achievements have been 2 promotions. We gonna hang our hopes on Joe Gamble having another pal willing to come over and getting very lucky with a desperation signing that was signed without anyone at the club ever seeing him play having not played a single game with Accrington? The plenty of players out there also brought us Peter Berki, Joe Crowe and a Henry Cameron on bigger wages than a lot of LOI players.

Give the club time... Why? What have they ever done to earn the benefit of the doubt I'd love an answer to that. Lets have a look at the last two times the club was given time while in the premier division.

1. We put together one of the worst squads in recent premier division history I dunno if you were one but we had loads on here giving it the wait and see don't be negative everything is fine talk we went 21 games without a win and got relegated.

2. We waited and waited and waited to see and ended up with the board having to come in and throw the squad together right before the start of the season and found ourselves by seasons end back in a relegation battle that we should never have been anywhere near with the budget we started the season with.

All the evidence over the years points to the fact that no we shouldn't be burying our heads in the sand and just giving the club time and just praying things will finally be different. We should be putting pressure on them from the start to make sure things are different this time and not just accepting the same old nonsense. If we had the exact same type of season next season as we had last season we would still have people on here next off season saying give em time it will be fine. They need to know for once that people won't be happy to just plod along anymore. I'll head praise on em like there is no tomorrow if they get it right but given all I know of recent history and of how things are being handled at present I'll give them time when they earn it.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Here we go with the Lee J love hour. Cameron has an international cap or two, maybe that's why his mate, the gaffer, gave him more money. I haven't seen Cameron kick a ball so I can't judge how good or bad he is. I don't know why he's on more money but Lynch is not as good as even he thinks he is, not to mind how good you think he is. Goals and assists from attacking midfielders tell the story and what are his? He's the best we can realistically get to play for us, that's about it.
    Last edited by Treaty Gooner; 08/11/2017 at 6:26 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I know for a fact a few players at least we're offered less money. I also have it from a player that Hery and tosi are on the way out. Lots of players trying their best to find an alternative. Also people are convinced limerick can just find another few quality unknown players lol let's see how that pans out. Keeping the quality unknown players lims found last season would have been a much easier and cheaper excersise I can assure you.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I’d give the club time because we are only a few weeks after the season has ended. If this was a few weeks into December then I’d be asking serious questions. The negotiations have only just begun, give it time.

Usually when rumours start the truth is somewhere in the middle. The club will say we offered great wages, a player will say he is offered crap wages. All that talk is fluff really. If a deal can’t be made with a player, that’s life, you move on and try sign someone else. I’d rather the club know where they stand in the next week or so we last years players and start making progress elsewhere. From what we have been hearing that’s what the club are trying to do. Find out where they stand with current players. None of us know the exact ins and outs. Some players might be getting more wages, some might be getting offered less, some might be getting more but not enough more.

Cameron should just be released because he has failed to make the starting team in 4 months of being at the club and it’s as simple as that

Who have we signed so far:

Chiedozie Ogbene
    Brendan Clarke
    Freddy Hall
    Killian Brouder
    Henry Cameron
    Barry Cotter
    Cian Coleman

We are probably have more signed on than normal at this stage. The club are still talking to players and talking to potential signings so we need to relax for a few weeks yet. If no progress is made in the next two weeks then questions will have to be asked.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lee J > 11 henry Camerons btw
    Squad has been decimated in last 6 months with no sign of quality coming in only more going out. Mcdonalds wage must be paid somehow I spose. All he must do now is justify it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Here we go with the Lee J love hour. Cameron has an international cap or two, maybe that's why his mate, the gaffer, gave him more money. I haven't seen Cameron kick a ball so I can't judge how good or bad he is. I don't know why he's on more money but Lynch is not as good as even he thinks he is, not to mind how good you think he is. Goals and assists from attacking midfielders tell the story and what are his? He's the best we can realistically get to play for us, that's about it.
    As good as I think he is? I think he is the best player we have at the club at the minute ya which is why I use him as an example, who is better than him here right now that we have? Can throw Hery in there too why would he take a cent less than Henry Cameron? And how good does Lee J himself think he is? Have you spoken to him?

Does the fact he hasn't gotten anywhere near the team for anyone to see him kick a ball much not prove the point exactly that fellas who have done well should feel within their rights to ask for more money than him? The best we can get to play for us and thats it, am is the best we can get to play for us not enough no? In your rush to just disagree with me for the sake of it you have ended up just backing up what I am saying really thanks for that.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast