Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Attendances depend on results. For every club. Always have, always will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Any idea when the fixture lists are coming out guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    22nd December last year. Assume something similar this year.
    19 December, the FAI tells us.

Announced yesterday, see here

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Your opinion is wildly speculative and based on extremes. ............ Your opinion ............ is foolish,.

............... I hope I'm wrong..., but experience tells me I won't be.
    You really have a gift with words

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemovie View Post
    Nice to hear that about Dundalk fans doing an overnighter. Keep in touch with us about that and we'll see if we can sort you out (I mean that in a nightclub entry, advice, directions type way rather than a Green Street way).
    A poster called bluemovie makes an offer like that......I don't know if it will detract from or add to the number travelling!

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Where was the rest of the money expected to come from? Investment from Power?
    Yes. He didn't have to put in as much as he thought to get us up. I know if we weren't top by midseason, he said there was money available to go get the players we needed to get up.

Just responding to a few comments in one go. Last time we were up, attendances would've averaged over 2000 the first couple of seasons. We were dreadful the next three, but still got 3000-5000 for Cork games which partly made up for lows of about 1000. It's true my estimates are based on us winning games, but I do see us winning games. There's massive interest in the club right now so just for next season anyway I'd expect very big crowds. Remember we averaged over 1500 in the First Division last year with no away fans so I'd expect a lot more casual fans from Waterford too. Not if we're bottom of the table obviously, but I don't see that happening. We had 3000 the last home game when we lifted the trophy (announced as 2500 but let's just say I hope the taxman doesn't investigate that) and you'd expect most to want to return. If we get a Sligo style bandwagon that dies away in years to come, that's another matter to be dealt with down the line but I'd expect comfortably more than 2000 on average in 2018.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    A poster called bluemovie makes an offer like that......I don't know if it will detract from or add to the number travelling!
    Anything you want that would be at all possible for us to get you, just ask for it. And I mean anything. Except the English papers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Yes. He didn't have to put in as much as he thought to get us up. I know if we weren't top by midseason, he said there was money available to go get the players we needed to get up.

Just responding to a few comments in one go. Last time we were up, attendances would've averaged over 2000 the first couple of seasons. We were dreadful the next three, but still got 3000-5000 for Cork games which partly made up for lows of about 1000. It's true my estimates are based on us winning games, but I do see us winning games. There's massive interest in the club right now so just for next season anyway I'd expect very big crowds. Remember we averaged over 1500 in the First Division last year with no away fans so I'd expect a lot more casual fans from Waterford too. Not if we're bottom of the table obviously, but I don't see that happening. We had 3000 the last home game when we lifted the trophy (announced as 2500 but let's just say I hope the taxman doesn't investigate that) and you'd expect most to want to return. If we get a Sligo style bandwagon that dies away in years to come, that's another matter to be dealt with down the line but I'd expect comfortably more than 2000 on average in 2018.
    There is no tax on gate receipts in Ireland. There is absolutely no reason (bar safety and over crowding) to under report attendances in this league (except maybe Derry). Fans consistently overestimate crowds.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    You could keep cash off the books to give players a tax free bonus by understating crowds.

But agree that people overestimate crowds alright

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Even if you got 5000 at both Cork city games, which seems unlikely, you'd still have to average over 2100 on all the rest of the games to come out at a 2500 average. Sure, if ye're challenging for the league I could see it, but if ye're midtable? I think you're setting some unrealistic expectations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Limerick fans said an awful lot of similar stuff last year.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Have to agree with Nigel, we started the season with serious intent and after a couple of terrible results we lost a huge slice of our initial attendance. Attendance is purely based on results.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    If we get a Sligo style bandwagon that dies away in years to come, that's another matter to be dealt with down the line but I'd expect comfortably more than 2000 on average in 2018.
    Nevermind us.
    In fairness all clubs get their fair share of the bandwagon brigade. We get about 1800 for home attendances in relegation battling seasons, so not too shabby.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    Have to agree with Nigel, we started the season with serious intent and after a couple of terrible results we lost a huge slice of our initial attendance. Attendance is purely based on results.
    While results definitely play a large part, i think the "attendance is purely based on results" line is an excuse used by a lot of clubs to do no community work whatsoever. Rovers attendances increased 40% this year, but their results weren't much better than last year. They're community endeavours, and promoting their own youngsters through the academy seem to have made the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I'd agree with you there 're the comunity work and the promotion of youth but a big part of it was the terrible football played under Fenlon drove people away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    I was going to use Limerick as an example as well. I think Waterford's attendance might have a similar decline over the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    While results definitely play a large part, i think the "attendance is purely based on results" line is an excuse used by a lot of clubs to do no community work whatsoever. Rovers attendances increased 40% this year, but their results weren't much better than last year. They're community endeavours, and promoting their own youngsters through the academy seem to have made the difference.
    You make a good point as well in fairness. I think Limerick to be fair have been aware of the importance of working in the community.

I know Limerick supporters who prefer the Saturday 6.30pm kickoffs and were not happy about the changing of many fixtures last year. I know season ticket holders who missed many games as a result of that last season and won't be renewing their season ticket due to the uncertainty of many games being moved from their original date and time.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=5505

Harps season tickets out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=5505

Harps season tickets out.
    How much will Harps be charging on the gate next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    How much will Harps be charging on the gate next season?
    Same prices as last year. 12 euro terrace, 15 seats. Tenner student ticket.

Bit steep for First Division in arguably the worst ground in the league in my opinion but suppose the money needs to come from somewhere for the promotion push.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Bit steep for First Division in arguably the worst ground in the league in my opinion but suppose the money needs to come from somewhere for the promotion push.
    Money has to come from somewhere yes.

Dropping your prices too far is just screwing yourself. You'll just have the same people paying less. The number of people who will buy because it has been dropped further is tiny compared to the losses you would incur.

Same as when a club does any sort of ticket promotion. You have to be careful who you target, so that you're not just cannibalising your revenue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Money has to come from somewhere yes.

Dropping your prices too far is just screwing yourself. You'll just have the same people paying less. The number of people who will buy because it has been dropped further is tiny compared to the losses you would incur.

Same as when a club does any sort of ticket promotion. You have to be careful who you target, so that you're not just cannibalising your revenue.
    Agree with that , the hardcore will show up anyway and the floating guy probably won't show up unless you are winning matches and won't be put off if the ticket is 3 or 4 euro more either way.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast