Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Don't think it's settled yet. Despite not liking the repetition would prefer 4 rounds to 3. Cut out some of the nonsense around having no league games on cup weekends (even quarters and semis) and play a few rounds on bank holidays and there should not be too many mid week games.
    I know First Division clubs are tight for cash and whatnot but the division would be stronger in the long-term with more regular games and a similar structure to the Premier Division

Judging by The Sun article I won't be shocked if this format decision rumbles into the new year as the FAI and the First Division clubs sound like they are miles apart on promotion and relegation. I definitely think if you want to avoid the First Division continuing as a graveyard then two automatic promotion spots are required. If it's 27 games I can't see how there can be play-offs with both divisions heavily out-of-sync in fixtures throughout the season unless the First Division season starts late March. I would like to see two up/two down no play-offs if they are going to go with a 27 game season and finish the season up early in October like the past few years.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...med-this-week/
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    We’ve already surpassed last seasons, season ticket numbers. Averaged 1500/600 too. With away fans to actually travel in numbers more then a dozen. Expect our attendances to general be around the 2500 mark. Higher end of the scale for games with Cork Rovers Dundalk Bohs of course
    Last edited by sulywaterfordfc; 30/11/2017 at 5:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    We’ve already surpassed last seasons, season ticket numbers. Averaged 1500/600 too. With away fans to actually travel in numbers more then a dozen. Expect our attendances to general be around the 2500 mark. Higher end of the scale for games with Cork Rovers Dundalk Bohs of course
    I know its early planning, but lots of Dundalk fans I spoke to already thinking of making Waterford one of the big stop over trips next season. A lot would never have been to the new ground and loads haven't been since the play off win in 2012. Will definitely be taking a big crowd down to either or both games.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I know its early planning, but lots of Dundalk fans I spoke to already thinking of making Waterford one of the big stop over trips next season. A lot would never have been to the new ground and loads haven't been since the play off win in 2012. Will definitely be taking a big crowd down to either or both games.
    For the first trip, would be expecting close to 500 traveling if I’m honest. Dundalk known for travelling in numbers, had two of the six blocks (essential five blocks, as the corner blocks half the size of the rest) of the new stand full in 2012, so I’d imagine it’ll be something similar. With 1/5th of 1700, 340 and then 170 on the corner block plus a few extras on the steps had it 600 traveling fans roughly, can imagine it’ll be something similar. Obviously Dundalk have a bigger fan base now then too. Likes of Dundalk have a bigger appeal to the casual fan down here, so probably bring a few extra home heads in the gates. I hope the club bring back the standing behind the goals which was around in the early 00’s. I can see the stands selling out possibly for the bigger games next year considering there’s 3100 seats (I think). Extra couple hundred fans behind the goals like the early 00’s would add to the atmosphere too. Very much exciting times, cleaning the slate and generating the interest from the locals and the local business is something that has been missed with a long time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    For the first trip, would be expecting close to 500 traveling if I’m honest.
    I'd be shocked if it was that much. Dundalk bring a big crowd once in a while, but rarely close to 500 to Cork. If they had a large crowd for a playoff game in 2012 you have to realise it was because it was such a big game. They might bring 2 or 300 the first time they travel down but no way will they bring down 500 or more, unless its a league decider or similar.

If your club is budgeting in the way you are here then you are in for a shock next season. Lose a few games and gates will drop off significantly, it happens to every club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    I would agree 300 / 350 tops might be closer to the mark for this away trip, novelty of first away game there since 2012 (even though it was a play off) will still be a factor though.

Anyway I`m going to the first away one..................looking forward too, nice stop over.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I'd be shocked if it was that much. Dundalk bring a big crowd once in a while, but rarely close to 500 to Cork. If they had a large crowd for a playoff game in 2012 you have to realise it was because it was such a big game. They might bring 2 or 300 the first time they travel down but no way will they bring down 500 or more, unless its a league decider or similar.

If your club is budgeting in the way you are here then you are in for a shock next season. Lose a few games and gates will drop off significantly, it happens to every club.
    Pretty sure the club have more cop on then to base the budget on a nonsense site like this. Personal opinion isn’t that what this site is for? Knew never it was a forum to tell the board of clubs how they should run themselves.....

Even if the club based the budget on last years season ticket numbers, the sales have already passed that number. Not to mention season tickets been sold at a higher price. Then the club are off to a great start.

I wasn’t basing it off a game 5 years ago either. I was just talking about the last time we played (?). I’m not making or guessing the clubs budget at all nor made any reference to it, so I don’t see where the budget comes from? All it is, is a fans view on how many away fans he thinks a club may bring. I’m sure the club will have a well documented and researched budget in place, if anything I’d guess the club are more likely to under exaggerate then over exaggerate potential numbers.

It is also normal in the LOI for away numbers to be higher then normal for clubs early in the season, especially if it’s the first or second away. That’s why I highlighted my opinion to be based on Dundalks first trip down here.

Just because you don’t agree with someone’s opinion doesn’t mean their opinion is wrong.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Any idea when the fixture lists are coming out guys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Pretty sure the club have more cop on then to base the budget on a nonsense site like this. Personal opinion isn’t that what this site is for? Knew never it was a forum to tell the board of clubs how they should run themselves.....

Even if the club based the budget on last years season ticket numbers, the sales have already passed that number. Not to mention season tickets been sold at a higher price. Then the club are off to a great start.

I wasn’t basing it off a game 5 years ago either. I was just talking about the last time we played (?). I’m not making or guessing the clubs budget at all nor made any reference to it, so I don’t see where the budget comes from? All it is, is a fans view on how many away fans he thinks a club may bring. I’m sure the club will have a well documented and researched budget in place, if anything I’d guess the club are more likely to under exaggerate then over exaggerate potential numbers.

It is also normal in the LOI for away numbers to be higher then normal for clubs early in the season, especially if it’s the first or second away. That’s why I highlighted my opinion to be based on Dundalks first trip down here.

Just because you don’t agree with someone’s opinion doesn’t mean their opinion is wrong.
    Your opinion is wildly speculative and based on extremes. Your home attendances last year were good because you were winning every week. That won't happen in the Premier (if it does fair play but its unlikely). Your opinion that Dundalk will bring over 500 because the last time you played them they did is foolish, because that was a massive game. Perhaps if you play them first you might get 300 or so, but they don't bring that sort of a crowd for run of the mill games. When they were winning leagues they brought a really big crowd ~500 once or twice in the last four years to Cork, usually its much lower. Same for us going to Dundalk. When leagues were on the line we bring a big crowd up there but for a mid season game it would be closer to 200 or so.
    I'm sure for their first trip to Waterford they will bring a decent crowd but you were using a starting point of 500 whereas I would say that would be extremely optimistic, even if its the first game of the season.
    The only clubs who will realistically bring close to 500 to Waterford are Cork City (cos its a close game for us) and Shamrock Rovers. I hope I'm wrong and every game is a sell out, but experience tells me I won't be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    2500 average plodding along in midtable at your edge of town athletics stadium??

Goodluck with that chief. :Good:

Still great news on the season tickets. Nice to see the people of waterford embrace their new striker. (Let's hope not too literally if any of those people are young girls eh)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Your opinion is wildly speculative and based on extremes. Your home attendances last year were good because you were winning every week. That won't happen in the Premier (if it does fair play but its unlikely). Your opinion that Dundalk will bring over 500 because the last time you played them they did is foolish, because that was a massive game. Perhaps if you play them first you might get 300 or so, but they don't bring that sort of a crowd for run of the mill games. When they were winning leagues they brought a really big crowd ~500 once or twice in the last four years to Cork, usually its much lower. Same for us going to Dundalk. When leagues were on the line we bring a big crowd up there but for a mid season game it would be closer to 200 or so.
    I'm sure for their first trip to Waterford they will bring a decent crowd but you were using a starting point of 500 whereas I would say that would be extremely optimistic, even if its the first game of the season.
    The only clubs who will realistically bring close to 500 to Waterford are Cork City (cos its a close game for us) and Shamrock Rovers. I hope I'm wrong and every game is a sell out, but experience tells me I won't be.
    When we were ??? Christ, last one was in October 2016, not like it was decades ago

Out of interest from the 3 league titles in a row period, what was the biggest Dlk away support? I'd be guessing the 2-1 win, when Towell scored twice in April 2015?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Any idea when the fixture lists are coming out guys?
    22nd December last year. Assume something similar this year.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Rant coming................its feckin ridiculous that we can't get the fixtures out sooner especially with the league starting earlier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    When we were ??? Christ, last one was in October 2016, not like it was decades ago

Out of interest from the 3 league titles in a row period, what was the biggest Dlk away support? I'd be guessing the 2-1 win, when Towell scored twice in April 2015?
    I paused on that line, but said I'd throw the dig in there! Its been AAAAAAGES since you won a league :P
    I think there was a massive crowd - ~600 for that game yeah. You had ~100 for the game a few weeks back, though it was a Monday and I probably wouldn't have traveled for the game if I was in your position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    To be fair well played EL P, I'd have been happy with that dig myself !

Yeah that was great game, April 2015, my first ever trip to TC, we had some craic in the Evergreen bar before and after.

Dundalk general stand, ST are €220 this year, up €20, 2 extra games, still very good value. Noticed Cork have same price for all adults, suppose all seater.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Nice to hear that about Dundalk fans doing an overnighter. Keep in touch with us about that and we'll see if we can sort you out (I mean that in a nightclub entry, advice, directions type way rather than a Green Street way). We'll probably benefit from a novelty factor for away fans that haven't been down here in years. But apart from Wexford, one Cobh game and one Shels game, we had pretty much zero away fans last year so any extras will add to the averages.

I know last year's budget was based on getting average attendances of 300. They ended up averaging over 1500 so that was a big bonus. I tend to err on the cautious/pessimistic side so I'd say we'll get less than 2000 for games against Bray and Sligo, but any of the others would be considered a big draw (well taking into account that Limerick should bring a good few fans). Cork fans will travel in numbers and draw a lot of fringe local fans too. We were getting four and five thousand for those games the last time we were up. So I'd expect an average by end of season of close to 2500, but we'll see.

Speaking of Limerick, it's gas to see one of their fans complaining about the RSC after 20 years of dragging us to The Worst Toilet in Scotland!

21. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemovie View Post
    I know last year's budget was based on getting average attendances of 300.
    Where was the rest of the money expected to come from? Investment from Power?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Nice to hear that about Dundalk fans doing an overnighter. Keep in touch with us about that and we'll see if we can sort you out (I mean that in a nightclub entry, advice, directions type way rather than a Green Street way). We'll probably benefit from a novelty factor for away fans that haven't been down here in years. But apart from Wexford, one Cobh game and one Shels game, we had pretty much zero away fans last year so any extras will add to the averages.

I know last year's budget was based on getting average attendances of 300. They ended up averaging over 1500 so that was a big bonus. I tend to err on the cautious/pessimistic side so I'd say we'll get less than 2000 for games against Bray and Sligo, but any of the others would be considered a big draw (well taking into account that Limerick should bring a good few fans). Cork fans will travel in numbers and draw a lot of fringe local fans too. We were getting four and five thousand for those games the last time we were up. So I'd expect an average by end of season of close to 2500, but we'll see.

Speaking of Limerick, it's gas to see one of their fans complaining about the RSC after 20 years of dragging us to The Worst Toilet in Scotland!

Thanks BM re the offer. I`d be cautious on the attendances overall though, regardless of getting better players in, its still a significant step up to the PD for most clubs, and especially in a ten team league a few defeats and fans could become frustrated. Nothing more fickle than the avg Irish football fan and this is what makes us so different to clubs in say League 2 in England, over there you can go on a month or more without a home win and the crowds still hoover around your avg of 4 or 5k.

I think if you ended with an avg of 2k, that would be a very good return first year back, as you have to think about the less attractive games, but one point is very valid, away support, virtually non existent in the FD, it will be a very welcome sight and will of course add to the atmosphere.

Edit: it's far too long a season and first year up, Waterford could easily lose 3 or 4 in a row and be back to 1k. I think an avg of 1,500 first year back would be a solid return. Build it up gradually after that.
    Last edited by oriel; 30/11/2017 at 9:18 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    So I'd expect an average by end of season of close to 2500, but we'll see.
    very ambitious... there's only 3 clubs in the premier who get those types of numbers.

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    What did ye average the last time in the Premier? 2500 sounds like pie in the sky stuff unless ye end up challenging for the league.

27. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast