Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 season

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    mcglade deserved his sending off. he completely lost the head. so much for sully being reserved in his celebrating. we played too much into shels hands imo.. mulhall was very poor for us tonight. tbh I think its going to be a long season..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Bit of an OTT reaction. Stupid defensive mistakes need to be eliminated but we were the better side for long spells in the game. We’ll be there or thereabouts for the play offs. McGlade’s sending off was stupid and unnecessary.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I am disgusted with that.

Fenn clearly changed something at half time because we were pathetic after the break. Play it a bit around the back and then hoof. Zambra saps us of any good play and often takes the pace out of it. I like Verdon, but his head seems to be somewhere else alot.
    O'Connor caught again for the first penalty. Both full backs rinsed all night, but Elworthy was good going forward.
    Mulhall could do nothing with what was being played behind him. Hadn't a prayer at all.
    It's going to be a very up and down season, with no consistency. We'll probably make the playoffs but go out in the first round.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Jaysus lads I’m usually the one going lakes on here, I agree with longfordian its a bit OTT. Throwing away 2-0 against Cobh was awful and we shluldve learned from that, that annoys me. We knew we were up against nothing last week so played Gung Ho and yes we were nearly caught out a few times, we carried that into last night. We basically played 424, way way too open and as LTFC said zambra isn’t good enough, that’s where we need a Salmon or rice. McGlade totally lost the rag but Fenn can see the problems and I’m certain he will solve them. I’ve never enjoyed watching Longford more than under him, we are playing the right way after years of tripe under cousins and Mathews. Yes we need to find the balance but if we do this is a hell of a team. Lack of options on bench worry me tho. Mulhall was fairly cat last night and no experienced striker to bring on. That’s my 2 cents on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    You're a media man now, so more on-the-fence than outspoken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    You're a media man now, so more on-the-fence than outspoken
    Not at all, I think anyone that knows me will say one thing is I call it as I see it. You’ve pointed out the major flaws In Fenn’s tactics and I totally agree but I know from speaking to him that he’s aware of them and knows if they arent fixed quickly Wel achieve nothing this season. He’s not like Tony cousins who had his head so far up his own arse he couldn’t see these things or was just too stubborn to change them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Fenn will Be on the podcast tonight lads and I’ll be putting your criticism’s too him. Be sure to take a listen.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    He came across very well I must say. Although that’s never been his problem. Let’s hope we show better game management over the next few weeks

AUDIOBOOM: https://goo.gl/arSrCc
    ITUNES: https://goo.gl/W2bciE

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Watched the highlights of the Athlone game earlier. Jesus they’re bad, we were just walking through their defensive line. We missed so many chances too, Dean Byrne looked lively though. I like the look of him so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Watched the highlights of the Athlone game earlier. Jesus they’re bad, we were just walking through their defensive line. We missed so many chances too, Dean Byrne looked lively though. I like the look of him so far.
    Would love to see him in the 10 behind Mulhall, probably too attacking to do that against Galway but against the likes of Cabinteely, Wexford, Athlone he’d do damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Completely flattering scoreline and a poor performance, but fair play to the lads who all put in a good effort which is all we can ask. Good to get another clean sheet too. For a guy that signed late on in pre-season from the LSL, Mick McDonnell has been excellent so far. Him and Adam O'Connor had to deal with a lot tonight, as once again, central midfield provides not enough protection for the back 4. Great strike by Hopkins. Looking forward to seeing that one again.

What's the story with Shane O'Connor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    Completely flattering scoreline and a poor performance, but fair play to the lads who all put in a good effort which is all we can ask. Good to get another clean sheet too. For a guy that signed late on in pre-season from the LSL, Mick McDonnell has been excellent so far. Him and Adam O'Connor had to deal with a lot tonight, as once again, central midfield provides not enough protection for the back 4. Great strike by Hopkins. Looking forward to seeing that one again.

What's the story with Shane O'Connor?
    aint he injured.. thought cabo were extremely dirty tonight. hopefully Daniel O'Reilly wont be too long out as hes key for us! thought that Peter Hopkins goal was superb.. I thought at times that we were lucky to win the way we did as Cabo missed some sitters. Bring on Drogheda...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    What's the story with McGlade? Did Fenn run him after the Shel's game or did he get a longer suspension than Verdon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    What's the story with McGlade? Did Fenn run him after the Shel's game or did he get a longer suspension than Verdon?
    longer suspension. Seen it on one of the loi websites. he should be back for Drogheda match as he got a three match suspension.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Excellent goals from Hopkins and Byrne. With these two along with McDonnell, Neale Fenn is certainly demonstrating an ability to spot a player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Excellent goals from Hopkins and Byrne. With these two along with McDonnell, Neale Fenn is certainlthogy demonstrating an ability to spot a player.
    thought that Hopkins was MOM for us. Dean Byrne was immense for us yet again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I am certainly concerned that we are only scoring at the end of the game, and we could easily been behind looking at the highlights. Drogheda will be a big test.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Crap game last night but just watched Fenn’s post match interview and he’s saying everything you’d want to hear from him. He acknowledged it was a poor performance but we played fantastic in Galway and should’ve won only for missed sitters so it was our turn tonight for a bit of luck. Big Mick Kelly has been superb since he’s coming in as has McDonnell. Big Dean Byrne fan think he offers far more than Mulhall in games like this, been very disappointed with Mulhall. Hopkins has been a huge loss with injury so great to see him back and scoring a goal very similar to the one he got against Sligo. Another point next week is more than fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Disappointed with the result, but we were far better than them. Aodh Dervin is simply unreal. Where he is from is irrelevant, I am glad he is from Longford, but what a performance from him. His head for the game is exceptional - close control and passing is sublime. Zambra could learn so much from him.
    Chambers did very well but nearly filled the togs with losing the ball close to our own goal.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Cut out the mistakes and Wel be right up there. Seen every team bar UCD and Harps now and we are better than everyone we’ve played.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast